Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So, WHERE is the UN in all this global unrest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, WHERE is the UN in all this global unrest?

I make no secret that I think that the UN is largely a bloated useless extravagantly expensive institution. But where are they in all this global unrest?

THIS is from their website on TERRORISM:

Source: UN Website

24 June 2014 – Global environmental crime, possibly worth more than $200 billion annually, is helping finance criminal, militia and terrorist groups and threatening the security and sustainable development of many nations, notably in sub-Saharan Africa, according to a new joint United Nations-INTERPOL report.

The report was compiled by the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and INTERPOL for release at the first UN Environment Assembly (UNEA) in Nairobi this week, where action to tackle environmental crime is high on the agenda for hundreds of environment ministers, law enforcement officers, the judiciary and senior UN officials.

“Beyond immediate environmental impacts, the illegal trade in natural resources is depriving developing economies of billions of dollars in lost revenues just to fill the pockets of criminals,” said UNEP Executive Director Achim Steiner.

“Sustainable development, livelihoods, good governance and the rule of law are all being threatened, as significant sums of money are flowing to militias and terrorist groups,” he added.

The UN Environment Assembly is the highest-level UN body ever convened on the environment. It enjoys universal membership of all 193 UN Member States, as well as other stakeholder groups.

The report Environmental Crime Crisis , points to an increased awareness of, and response to, the growing global threat, but calls for further concerted action and issues recommendations aimed at strengthening action against the organized criminal networks profiting from the trade.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-28-2014, 05:46 PM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I make no secret that I think that the UN is largely a bloated useless extravagantly expensive institution.
    I think you have an overly positive view of the United Nations.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment