Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Richard Nixon Has Nothing On These People!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Nixon Has Nothing On These People!

They make Nixon look like an amateur. Shouldn't someone be going to jail?

Ex-IRS official Lois Lerner’s crashed hard drive has been recycled, making it likely the lost emails of the lightening rod in the tea party targeting controversy will never be found, according to multiple sources.

“We’ve been informed that the hard drive has been thrown away,” Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, the top Republican on the Finance Committee, said in a brief hallway interview.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...#ixzz356BTYmeF
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

as if the IRS doesn't make backups of their data and emails. Emails are most likely not even stored on a person's computer but on a an exchange server located somewhere else. SOP.

Comment

I get the impression that there's something they really, really, don't want anyone to find out about in those emails.

Also, the emails were "lost"? Right. Whatever. Maybe the dog ate their homework, too.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        I get the impression that there's something they really, really, don't want anyone to find out about in those emails.

Also, the emails were "lost"? Right. Whatever. Maybe the dog ate their homework, too.
        and also emails are not only on the person's computer, but on the computers of who they sent them to. This is obviously a crock to avoid the consequences.

Comment

I can't wait to hear JimL explain how this is the fault of Republicans.

Comment

But we can all rest confidently in the knowledge that this is just a phony scandal. Why, the President himself assured us that there's not even a smidgen of corruption!

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              But we can all rest confidently in the knowledge that this is just a phony scandal. Why, the President himself assured us that there's not even a smidgen of corruption!
              Who uses the word smidgen anymore?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

In spite of this, I guarantee this will still be asserted as a rightwing conspiracy theory by the Obama whores.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned Nixon was impeached for a lot less.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    As far as I'm concerned Nixon was impeached for a lot less.
                    Ehm...Nixon wasn't impeached. It was quite a bit less than this mess though.

Comment

Originally posted by Meta Knight View Post
                      Ehm...Nixon wasn't impeached. It was quite a bit less than this mess though.
                      Well didn't they threaten to impeach him and that was why he resigned? I mean they did draw up Articles of Impeachment - correct?
                      Last edited by seer; 06-19-2014, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        and also emails are not only on the person's computer, but on the computers of who they sent them to. This is obviously a crock to avoid the consequences.
                        The article talks about recipients.

From the article:
                        Earlier this week, Ways and Means Republicans said as many as six IRS employees involved in the scandal also lost email in computer crashes, including the former chief of staff for the acting IRS commissioner.
                        I've been operating computers for over 20 years. I've had one hard drive failure, and that HDD was 15 years old. Those crashes are suspiciously convenient.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          The article talks about recipients.

From the article:

I've been operating computers for over 20 years. I've had one hard drive failure, and that HDD was 15 years old. Those crashes are suspiciously convenient.
                          Yeah the odds that the recipient's drives failed at the same convenient time is astronomically small, unless a sledgehammer was involved. oops! I accidentally smashed my hard drive with this hammer. sorry.

And who ever heard of an agency of the US government, like the IRS that didn't keep backups?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Yeah the odds that the recipient's drives failed at the same convenient time is astronomically small, unless a sledgehammer was involved. oops! I accidentally smashed my hard drive with this hammer. sorry.

And who ever heard of an agency of the US government, like the IRS that didn't keep backups?
                            It's my understanding that they are legally required to keep backups. And anyway, emails are not stored on local hard drives (not solely, at least). There are so many things that make this excuse...lame. Really, really lame.

Anyone who knows more about this can feel free to correct me.

Comment

Source: [url

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/06/16/flashback-video-irs-commissioner-testified-lerners-emails-are-stored-in-servers-n1851831]Chaffetz:[/url] What email system do you use there at the IRS?

Koskinen: What email system do we use?

Chaffetz: Yeah, is it Outlook, or…

Koskinen: Yes, we have actually Microsoft -- or at least I have -- Microsoft Outlook.

Chaffetz: So you go on there, and you want to find all of the items you sent under your name, how long would that take?

Koskinen: Well it'd take awhile because they're not all on my computer. They're all stored somewhere.

[Skipping ahead]

Chaffetz: That's [part] of the brilliance of the email system. You go in and you check the 'sent' box, and the inbox, and you suddenly have all of the emails, correct?

Koskinen: Right. They get taken off and stored in servers…

© Copyright Original Source

actually with Outlook Exchange the mail is not "taken off and stored" in servers. The mail server contains the emails and your local copy of Outlook just accesses the remote server. Now they might have a retention policy where only a few months of emails are stored on the server, but they should also have backup tapes of previous years stored somewhere.

Comment