Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

American Theocracy and Decline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    I hope he shares his objections concerning Theocracies with the Jihadists. I'm sure he can make them see how reasonable his position is.
    I wouldn’t want you thinking that you’re any better than the jihadists. You’re all tarred with the same brush and all as mad as hatters. If you look at them you will see yourself if a little less fanatical. You and the jihadists alike clearly have no idea what and where you are but I am very willing to help you towards enlightenment. It is never too late to learn.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    FF is gonna really LOVE the Islamic Theocracy! Look at all the freedoms THEY offer!
    I hope he shares his objections concerning Theocracies with the Jihadists. I'm sure he can make them see how reasonable his position is.
    Last edited by seer; 06-16-2014, 12:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    FF is gonna really LOVE the Islamic Theocracy! Look at all the freedoms THEY offer!
    yup. and if he is in the UK he will enjoy it that much sooner.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    What does FF know about America anyway? Isn't he from the UK?

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    What does FF know about America anyway? Isn't he from the UK?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Individuals can be as biased as they like
    That is such a freakin lie --- It wasn't GOVERNMENT who cracked down on Donald Sterling for being "as biased as he likes" -- it's your thought police buddies! And they're doing the same thing to anybody who doesn't agree on homosexuality; global warming, freedom of religious expression...

YOUR brand of "tolerance" is incredible INTOLERANCE. I unfriend you*!

*I love that commercial!
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-16-2014, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    They love telling everyone how tolerant they are and everyone else should be. What gets left out is by being tolerant they too often mean anything that they agree with.
    By tolerance, I mean that the government at its various levels should be blind to race, creed, colour, gender and sexual orientation. Individuals can be as biased as they like but governments should not aid intolerance as they currently do, for example, by giving tax relief to religious organisations.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    With theocracy comes intolerance and decline. It is time for American atheists to stand up and be counted and take back their country from the theocrats.

That's the best ironic statement I have read in a long time.

Let's be intolerant to those evil intolerant theocrats!!!

Nice troll there. well done, FF.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    That was the Egyptians.
    Nope -- I saw him explaining that the American INDIANS got their religion from aliens!

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    True, they got their religion from aliens!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]627[/ATTACH]
    That was the Egyptians.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    They were far from atheistic.
    True, they got their religion from aliens!

indians.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Carrikature
    replied
    Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    Maybe you mean atheist Indians.
    They were far from atheistic.

Leave a comment:

• Psychic Missile
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Nice editing of my post.
    I took out the things I wanted to discuss.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Of course, when I say theocracy I mean Christian theocracy. In a town or society where everyone has to pretend to be Christian just to get a job the faith itself becomes polluted and in the effort to maintain standards the leadership has to become increasingly authoritarian.
    American theocracy is gathering strength – 5th May 2014. U.S. Supreme Court Ruling regarding town of Greece in New York State: (Although the ruling referred only to legislative prayer, it could give a boost to government officials seeking to promote religion in public life in other contexts, such as sectarian religious displays in civic buildings.
    Erwin Chemerinsky, a professor at the University of California, Irvine School of Law, who filed a brief opposing the Greece prayers, said the ruling "certainly reflects five justices who want to allow much more of a religious presence in government and government support for religion.")
    It is dangerous because religion is both intolerant and anti-intellectual. The histories of empires show that they succeed while they are tolerant and decline when they are not because they fail to go on attracting the brightest and best talent from around the world.
    This is complete nonsense FF. For the vast majority of our history the Christian faith was much more prominent than it is today. In my state stores could not open on the Sabbath (blue laws). I can personally remember teacher led prayers in the class room. And in all these years we were still attracting the brightest and best from around the world and we were the world center of innovation. Mr. Chemerinsky is an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    They love telling everyone how tolerant they are and everyone else should be. What gets left out is by being tolerant they too often mean anything that they agree with.
    Yeah!

Leave a comment: