Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

American Theocracy and Decline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Remember the crusades –
    I'd rather remember the Alamo! (And I'm not talking rental cars!)

infidel blood up to their Christian elbows?
    Hmmmmmmmm.... just a wee bit of eggzajuration there, eh?

And, when was the last time you saw a Christian Crusader on the warpath? When there IS a "Christian" extremist/murderer/bomber -- the rest of us denounce that loudly and clearly pretty much in unison.

When was the last time you heard an outcry from the Arab world about these jihadists misrepresenting their "religion of peace*"?

*submission

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    We Christians are all apparently a bunch of self-righteous, intolerant, ignorant, unreasonable, violent, quasi-jihadists.

But fortunately we have firstfloor to enlighten us.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
    You're a prime example that faith is hardly necessary when it comes to reason and insight being inhibited.

We need the amen button back.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I wouldn’t want you thinking that you’re any better than the jihadists. You’re all tarred with the same brush and all as mad as hatters. If you look at them you will see yourself if a little less fanatical. You and the jihadists alike clearly have no idea what and where you are but I am very willing to help you towards enlightenment. It is never too late to learn.
    an atheist evangelist!

Leave a comment:

• JonathanL
    replied
    Remember the crusades – infidel blood up to their Christian elbows? You definitely can’t reason with a jihadist and some can’t wait to slice your head off (see recent events in Iraq). I’m not convinced that it’s possible to reason with a very devout person of any faith simply because faith strongly inhibits reason and insight and promotes a feeling of righteousness that, in extreme situations, justifies mass slaughter.
    You're a prime example that faith is hardly necessary when it comes to reason and insight being inhibited.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    Yes, because Christians are running around cutting off heads by the bushel full! But really FF, when the Jihadists come knocking feel free to enlightenment them...
    Remember the crusades – infidel blood up to their Christian elbows? You definitely can’t reason with a jihadist and some can’t wait to slice your head off (see recent events in Iraq). I’m not convinced that it’s possible to reason with a very devout person of any faith simply because faith strongly inhibits reason and insight and promotes a feeling of righteousness that, in extreme situations, justifies mass slaughter.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    [*cough*] JimL [*cough*]
    Get. Out. Of. My. Head!

(You have to admit, though, FF is more literate than JL)

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I have to wonder if he/she is legitimate, or is just a trying to get a reaction. Nobody can be that dumb and still type, eh?
    [*cough*] JimL [*cough*]

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    I wouldn’t want you thinking that you’re any better than the jihadists. You’re all tarred with the same brush and all as mad as hatters. If you look at them you will see yourself if a little less fanatical. You and the jihadists alike clearly have no idea what and where you are but I am very willing to help you towards enlightenment. It is never too late to learn.
    Riiiiiight. That's because a bunch of nuns just flew a couple planes into buildings killing thousands in the name of their religion. And a group of Baptist preachers are going around lopping the heads off of thousands in the name of their religion. And Presbyterians are sending out their children with bombs vests to blow themselves up and killing as many infidels as they can in the process in the name of their religion. And Lutherans are kidnapping hundreds of girls and forcing them to convert and selling them into slavery - er, "marriage," in the name of their religion.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    I have to wonder if he/she is legitimate, or is just a trying to get a reaction. Nobody can be that dumb and still type, eh?
    No you were correct, FF really does have anger issues. I suspect that he is a deeply unhappy man - probably a dad thing...

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    Yes, like FF is just a little less fanatical than the Stalinists...

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    This just shows what a nut you are.
    Yes, like FF is just a little less fanatical than the Stalinists...

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

I wouldn’t want you thinking that you’re any better than the jihadists. You’re all tarred with the same brush and all as mad as hatters. If you look at them you will see yourself if a little less fanatical.
    This just shows what a nut you are.

You and the jihadists alike clearly have no idea what and where you are but I am very willing to help you towards enlightenment. It is never too late to learn.
    I think you have anger issues.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Yes, because Christians are running around cutting off heads by the bushel full! But really FF, when the Jihadists come knocking feel free to enlightenment them...

Leave a comment:

• Zymologist
    replied
    All us extremist Christians* are very grateful, I'm sure, for your generous and humble spirit and your willingness to free us of our oppressive shackles.

*Redundant?

Leave a comment: