Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Gates Foundation: No more abortions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whag
    replied
    Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
    Would you care to repeat that with actual total fertility rate statistics for religious and racial groups?
    You need stats on religions that are against artificial contraception? What about racial groups?

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
    I am both pro-life and anti-choice, as any sane, reasonable, and experienced citizen would be.
    Impossible. You can't be reasonable if you're an extremist. You're an experienced wingnut.

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    Originally posted by whag View Post
    She's too measured in criticizing the catholic wingnuts who prolong the mess:
    Would you care to repeat that with actual total fertility rate statistics for religious and racial groups?

Not only will it do that, but it will cause more abortions, too.
    I am both pro-life and anti-choice, as any sane, reasonable, and experienced citizen would be.

Leave a comment:

• whag
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    I wonder how the feminists will take this?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mich...-fund-abortion
    She's too measured in criticizing the catholic wingnuts who prolong the mess:

[I]n the United States and around the world the emotional and personal debate about abortion is threatening to get in the way of the lifesaving consensus regarding basic family planning,” she said.

“I understand why there is so much emotion, but conflating these issues will slow down progress for tens of millions of women.”
    Not only will it do that, but it will cause more abortions, too.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Originally posted by cmd View Post
    there's only one logical explanation for this: Mrs. Gates is a woman-hating, bible-thumping, far-right nut-job who wants to have absolute control over what women can and cannot do with their own bodies and who longs for the days when women won't be allowed out of the kitchen.
    lol...

Leave a comment:

• Christianbookworm
    replied
    Which kind of feminists? The wacky ones that think they should be allowed to kill their own children if they wish? In ancient Rome, only the dad could kill his kids at birth, but now only mom can! How about parents in general not kill their offspring!!!

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    There's only one logical explanation for this: Mrs. Gates is a woman-hating, bible-thumping, far-right nut-job who wants to have absolute control over what women can and cannot do with their own bodies and who longs for the days when women won't be allowed out of the kitchen.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    started a topic Gates Foundation: No more abortions...

Gates Foundation: No more abortions...

I wonder how the feminists will take this?

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mich...-fund-abortion

Melinda Gates, wife of Microsoft founder and billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates, said the international family planning and anti-poverty group founded by them, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, “has decided not to fund abortion.”