Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Epoetker's Misogynic derail of Suspect in Seattle pacific.... thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or you can ALL explain to me where you reached the conclusion that a woman other than his mother might be at fault for him being loose despite his own attempts to get help. If you can't, either take your discussion elsewhere or address what the article DID report about THIS shooter.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      Or you can ALL explain to me where you reached the conclusion that a woman other than his mother might be at fault for him being loose despite his own attempts to get help. If you can't, either take your discussion elsewhere or address what the article DID report about THIS shooter.
      If you couldn't tell, my example was making fun of Epo, not supporting his "analysis".
      Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
        She ought to have been more respectful to King Richard.
        Dude, seriously?
        Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
          "Women" are the ones killed, but the one woman who chose to play the friendzone game benefits from having the lapdog man around. It's the dating-market microcosm of a game commonly played on a larger scale by richer people. Since the benefits are privatized but the costs are socialized, and the cost of drawing attention to them is immediate hate from the people who benefited from it in the past, I predict much more of these external consequences in the future.

Female empowerment will literally make us extinct, this is but one of many ways it does so. Just as the concerns of the very rich are no longer conservative causes, neither are the concerns of career women in the dating market. Though it is amazing how they tend to overlap at key junctures.
          Yep, no matter what... Epo will find a way to blame women for all the ills of the world.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That's a cop-out. The fact that most teachers are women is the reason that educational programs like Common Core are so driven by university and political fads to begin with: woman are generally get-along-to-go-along when it comes to their careers and most won't fight for something as boring as a rigorous curricula.

You are sure fun to listen to for entertainment Epo because most education boards I've seen seem to be mostly made up of men and men tend to rule the roost when it comes to policy makers too. Of course, you'll ignore that and find a way to always blame women for the ills of the world because that is how you work. Now do the world a favor and stop polluting every thread with your nonsense already. Thanks!
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

You are sure fun to listen to for entertainment Epo because most education boards I've seen seem to be mostly made up of men and men tend to rule the roost when it comes to policy makers too. Of course, you'll ignore that and find a way to always blame women for the ills of the world because that is how you work. Now do the world a favor and stop polluting every thread with your nonsense already. Thanks!
              Another cop-out. The teachers have no actual obligation to follow the policymakers. However, it seems like the only people who protest things like Common Core publicly and effectively are...

...men, who are also teachers. And whaddya know, looks like the grunt work and concern trolling is, in fact, being done by a woman:

Kathleen Porter Magee just really annoyed me.

Porter Magee works part-time at Fordham Foundation, recently tasked with churning out paeans to or defenses of Common Core, and also at the College Board, where she works for the guy who wrote the Common Core, and I’ve yet to see the media inquire as to whether this might be a conflict.

KPM, as she is often called, has been singing the praises of Teach Like a Champion Doug Lemov for a couple years now, which is inconvenient because Lemov pushes prior knowledge, and her new boss Coleman spits upon it. But anyway, she’s trying to thread both needles here—push Lemov and the Common Core insistence that all students be forced to read “grade level books”.
              As it happens, whining about how the policy makers are men is also a cop-out, the policy popularizers, implementers, and foundation dispensers are, in fact, generally women. But I guess "We were just following orders" is A-OK if it's women who do it. In this one, it's more like "I was just working really hard to avoid having to face any responsibility for the dumb stuff I was speaking up for!"

I'm going to blame women for what they're responsible for in any case, whether it's implementing bad policies or trusting bad men. Act like a Kathleen Porter Mcgee, get treated like one.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael
                The problem is how preemptive to we go if we do see the warning signs? Do we go full Minority Report detaining people with warning signs? After all you can have the warnign signs, but retain enough self control to not act on them. It's a tricky situation and I'm not sure where the answer lies.
                Well, the first step would probably be to stop publishing silly things like this:

Originally posted by Typical "Conservative" Pastor
                It is long past time for men to own their emotional lives and stop shirking responsibility for the brutish, disrespectful, and sometimes ruinous actions they undertake while under the sway of their unruly passions and drives.

The woman you long to sleep with, like the world itself, owes you absolutely nothing. Let that be seared into the brain of every leering, groping, cat-calling, date-raping, would-be mass-murdering man in America.

That, and nothing less, is what it would take to solve my man problem — and ours.
                Basically, whenever somebody influential publishes one of these THE WORLD AND WOMEN OWES YOU NOTHING screeds, the natural response by a fairly large number of men is "well, I'll just take what I want, when I want, when I feel like it, because I don't owe the world anything either." So, are you sure that's a good idea? An idea good enough to build a society and its foundational ideas on? Is it really Biblical? Or do you, like leftists, find yourself full of unprincipled exceptions and objections when pressed? This is less a meme than what appears to be a deeply-held belief, the first weapon that comes to hand when pressed.

Obviously the feeling is rampant among conservatives, because I've seen it in many different versions among many different Christians in both of the recent mass shootings. And indeed, it's fine if you plan to be Oppressed Dissidents 4 Lyfe. But if you wish to actually both rule and take responsibility for your society, you'll need a plan beyond "throw them to the wolves and the devil take the hindmost." (Which is, of course, far more dangerous after you've been both destroying their societies and feeding their sense of entitlement for their entire formative years, I'll grant, but once you start planning for an alternate method of childhood education, alternates to the dating market won't be far behind.)

Comment

epo: "i blame women blacks and gays"

everyone else:
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Another cop-out. The teachers have no actual obligation to follow the policymakers. However, it seems like the only people who protest things like Common Core publicly and effectively are...
                    Now since this rant of yours has been moved I guess I could now answer it by starting with a pretty good laugh. The reason being is I really have to ask you why should the teachers disobey their bosses and not do what their bosses ask them to do? So you're saying that they should ignore what their higher ups are telling them? Yep, no matter what... blame women for all the ills of the world eh and ignore that the responsibility rest as much upon men.

...men, who are also teachers. And whaddya know, looks like the grunt work and concern trolling is, in fact, being done by a woman:
                    Too bad I find common core bad myself due to its confusing nature and how it is way too much for kids to learn anyway. Hey though, ignore that women can be divided on issues too and pretend that all women walk in lock step, but men are all different, eh? More evidence that nobody should take most of what you say all that seriously.

As it happens, whining about how the policy makers are men is also a cop-out, the policy popularizers, implementers, and foundation dispensers are, in fact, generally women. But I guess "We were just following orders" is A-OK if it's women who do it. In this one, it's more like "I was just working really hard to avoid having to face any responsibility for the dumb stuff I was speaking up for!"
                    So the bottom line is that when a bad policy comes though and man men are the ones making sure it works its way into the system, it is still the fault of women because you can find a few women that try to bring it in and totally ignore all the men that are also responsible for bringing in bad policies into the system. Yep, you're sure a barrel of laughs. Your hatred is that strong that you'll just outright ignore how many men are responsible for this whole fiasco too?

I'm going to blame women for what they're responsible for in any case, whether it's implementing bad policies or trusting bad men. Act like a Kathleen Porter Mcgee, get treated like one.
                    In other words, you'll ignore that there's plenty of stupid men and men who bring up bad policies too and blame women for the ills of the world while ignoring this. Yep, your misogynist tendencies blind you yet again to the full reality that both sexes can do stupid things.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

*** MODERATOR NOTICE ***

TimelessTheist, please watch the profanity
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        *** MODERATOR NOTICE ***

TimelessTheist, please watch the profanity
                        Did someone say a bad word?
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment