Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

We Are Being Overwhelmed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seer
    replied
    Cloward and Piven in action:

http://www.humanevents.com/2014/06/0...at-the-border/

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    Originally posted by seer View Post
    I bet Obama helped to design that!
    If by "designed" you mean "kicked around to several different companies while throwing pocket change at them for the appearance of work," then yes. The last local IT company that got to take a crack at Healthcare.gov I remember was offered a cool 28 MILLION dollars to fix it. My guess is they either futz with the interface a little bit or blow the cash wad on 'feasability studies and review' that's going to come back: "Yep, it's broke, come back when you have enough money to pay us to do a complete site overhaul."

Leave a comment:

• seer
    replied
    Originally posted by Epoetker View Post
    Almost forgot, the weird and senseless fetish for blurry, open, or nonexistent borders on windows and textboxes is another reason I despise Windows 8's aesthetic.
    I bet Obama helped to design that!

Leave a comment:

• Epoetker
    replied
    Almost forgot, the weird and senseless fetish for blurry, open, or nonexistent borders on windows and textboxes is another reason I despise Windows 8's aesthetic.

Leave a comment:

• foudroyant
    replied
    Just get rid of the border (border patrol, etc.)....down south and up north as well.
    What's the point of saying they exist when they really don't?

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Slightly off topic, but I'm really surprised no one commented on Obama exonerating a bunch of criminal illegals about a month or so ago. That was pretty huge.

Leave a comment:

• seer
    started a topic We Are Being Overwhelmed...

We Are Being Overwhelmed...

And I believe by design:

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer said Friday she is “disturbed and outraged” after she was informed by federal officials that not only has the government been shipping illegal immigrants out of Texas and “dumping” them in her state, it has no plans to stop.

Federal officials told Brewer Friday that the practice will continue for the foreseeable future, and this weekend more than 1,000 illegal immigrant children will be “dumped” in Arizona. Adults and family units will also arrive, though Brewer was not told how many, her office said.

Reports first surfaced last week that scores of illegal immigrants in Texas were being flown, bused and then abandoned out of state in Arizona and elsewhere. After learning of the practice, Brewer sent a scathing letter to the president on Monday posing a string of questions about the policy. Brewer said Friday what little she has learned since then has made her even more concerned.

“This is a crisis of the federal government’s creation, and the fact that the border remains unsecure – now apparently intentionally - while this operation continues full-steam ahead is deplorable,” she said in a statement.