Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

University College London bans Nietzsche Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University College London bans Nietzsche Club

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...is-banned.html

I am fairly confident I will never learn how to spell Nietzsche without looking.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...is-banned.html

I am fairly confident I will never learn how to spell Nietzsche without looking.
    I agree about the spelling. I don't agree with Nietzsche, but he was brilliant, this is just more PC run amok.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      I agree about the spelling. I don't agree with Nietzsche, but he was brilliant, this is just more PC run amok.
      Yeah. I think he was wrong about many things but he did tend to make you think.

As I've noted before I read Machiavelli and Nietzsche during the summer after I turned 11 or 12 and thereby explaining why I'm screwed up

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        As I've noted before I read Machiavelli and Nietzsche during the summer after I turned 11 or 12 and thereby explaining why I'm screwed up
        Yep, that would do it!
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Funny. My education in political philosophy treated Nietzsche as a liberal.
          Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

My suspicion is that he is most popular among high school boys who like to take individual quotes of his out of context and write them on their binders.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

http://www.nietzschefamilycircus.com/
              Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

“This Union resolves…to commit to a struggle against fascism and the far-right, in a united front of students, workers, trade unions, and the wider labor movement, with the perspective of fighting the root cause of fascism—capitalism,” the document concludes.
                It should have been clear to the council members at this point that Dautov was not simply a concerned second-year history student; he is also president of the University College London Marxist Society.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

The Nietzsche Club is dead. It has bled to death under our knives. The Nietzsche Club is dead, it remains dead, and we have killed it.

Comment