Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WWII Vet Declines Private Meeting with Obama on D-Day Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
    What are you reading now, Z?
    You'll be disappointed in me.

I actually don't read as much as you might think, or as much as I probably should. I check Fox and Townhall occasionally, but I really don't read much in terms of news. It's all just so dadgum repetitive and disheartening.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Is that an invitation? I'll take it!

The reason it resonated, CP, is because you suck up every conspiracy theory from Benghazi to Bergdahl,
      Wait, what "conspiracy theory"? Obama exchanged 5 terrorists for a deserter and possible traitor (and possibly broke the law in the process). Where's the conspiracy? A conspiracy implies something's hidden whereas Obama, stupid jackass that he is, did this out in the open and expected to be praised for it. And cretinous sycophants like you are right there to lick his boots.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Speaking of which, one of Buckley's more successful recruits has recently weighed in on the Bergdahl swap. This is David Brooks, the conservative half of Brooks and Shields, a writer recruited very publicly by Buckley while he was still in college, based on a satire he'd just had published in one of the campus rags. According to Brooks, Buckley, speaking on campus to a large crowd, asked who wrote that piece, because he wanted to give him a job.

Anyway, here's the piece.

President Obama Was Right
        David Brooks hasn't been an actual conservative in a long, long time. Quoting him as a conservative voice is an excellent idiot indicator though.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

The reason it resonated, CP, is because you suck up every conspiracy theory from Benghazi to Bergdahl, put up by every right wing fringe media source you can find. Ya know, like National Review. Now the recent Bergdahl prisoner swap in which five hardened partisan flacks commissioned stories from every hack writer they could find is rubbing a lot of the military veterans attending D-Day events the wrong way.

Why just last week, while talking to a group of unnamed WWII veterans I'm almost certain to be making up for the purpose of inserting a quote nobody can check, one told me, sadly, “It’s not that we don’t want to respect your dad, CP. It’s just that his reading material makes it so hard to do so.”

*smirk*
          I don't usually say stuff like this, but Jesse, you are acting like a complete asshole. And yes I know that word is against our decorum but in this case it is true and I won't remove it.
          Last edited by Sparko; 06-06-2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            And yes I know that word is against our decorum
            Aren't you an owner now? You could fix this problem so we can all say what we really feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Aren't you an owner now? You could fix this problem so we can all say what we really feel.
              Yeah I could. And as an owner I should set an example for others, but in this case, Jesse's *smirk* and mocking of CP's dad and veterans is just too much. It's a shame that our soldiers fought and died just so jerks like that can mock them.

Comment

Yeah I could. And as an owner I should set an example for others, but in this case, Jesse's *smirk* and mocking of CP's dad and veterans is just too much. It's a shame that our soldiers fought and died just so jerks like that can mock them.
                He can't help it -- he's a junior educrat.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The reason it resonated, CP, is because you suck up every conspiracy theory from Benghazi to Bergdahl, put up by every right wing fringe media source you can find.
                  Sorry to hear that you think Berghdahl is merely a conspiracy theory especially considering the bipartisan nature of the criticism. Myself, I tend to go out of my way to find mainstream media sources to support my contentions (though this isn't always possible due to a hesitancy to publish certain stories or details surrounding them)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think the main point of the op is missing in the comments of most people.

A VETERAN has made known his opinion of the president. That opinion is shared by at least one other veteran, as testified to by CP.

Regardless of the source of that news, the opinion of the veterans says a lot about the character of the "commander-in-chief".

Very sad.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

A VETERAN has made known his opinion of the president. That opinion is shared by at least one other veteran, as testified to by CP.

Regardless of the source of that news, the opinion of the veterans says a lot about the character of the "commander-in-chief".

Very sad.
                      I generally like to find excuses to agree with people, but Obama makes it hard
                      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Very sad.
                        Yeah!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                          I generally like to find excuses to agree with people, but Obama makes it hard
                          I remember when he was campaigning and talked all warm and fuzzy about "ONE America", not a divided America --- but he is the esquintecentialistical divider. He is NOT a "bringer togetherer".

Comment

It would be entirely different to argue that there is no evidence to show that this is how most veterans feel or that there were veterans who were upset with Bush so this is hardly unprecedented, but to resort to mockery of this sort is IMHO skating dangerously close to the approach of Obama's HUD’s Deputy Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs Brandon Friedman (who was also Director of Online Communications for the Veterans Affairs) who has implied that all of those who served with Berghdahl and are critical of both him and the swap are psychopaths.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah. It is acceptable to be radically liberal as long as you try to make it sound sound socially acceptable. But to opennly admit your bias is a no no.

Amen CP.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              National Review is a decidedly conservative publication, and makes no bones about it. Unlike much of the MSM, they tell you EXACTLY who they are and what their agenda is.
                              Source: National Review - "Our Mission"

Since 1955, National Review magazine has defined the modern conservative movement and enjoys the broadest allegiance of American conservatives. National Review Institute was founded by William F. Buckley Jr. in 1991 to engage in policy development, public education, and advocacy that would advance the principles he championed.

Bill Buckley sought to preserve and buttress the foundations of our free society and to conserve our inheritance from the Founders. National Review Institute will synthesize the best thinking on how to guard and build on our country’s strengths and add vigor and practical application to our conservative convictions. National Review Institute will both draw from and support other conservative institutions, serving as an authoritative voice for policies and for strategies to implement them.

© Copyright Original Source

But, BECAUSE of who they are, anything they print must necessarily be untrue.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Unless you change the rules for everyone, and I do not think you should do that, then you are creating a double standard, and a hypocritical one at that. If you do not want others to speak this way here, you should not do so yourself.
                                βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                                ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment