Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Released Marine's father's deleted tweets paint a damning picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Released Marine's father's deleted tweets paint a damning picture

http://twitchy.com/2014/05/31/workin...ather-deleted/

In addition to the titular tweet, there was one more I saw but suddenly lost the tab to - he called democracy a "western myth" based on laws that are man centric whereas Sharia to a Middle-easterner is from God. I don't know the exact context of the latter since I can't recheck it again.

Thing is, this entire situation smells.

How on earth could any non-professing Muslim think along those lines? This story is getting stranger by the hour.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

"As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Entire family is typical liberal scum:

Two former comrades of U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl have confirmed to MailOnline that their former platoon-mate walked away from his post in Afghanistan on June 30, 2009 with the intention of reneging on his military oath.

'I'm positive that he's a deserter, and that it was all premeditated,' said Gerald Sutton, a 31-year-old Michigan college student who left the military in September 2012 and said he was 'a good friend' of Bergdahl when they were deployed to the Middle East.

A Pentagon investigation established in 2010 that on that Tuesday, Bergdahl abandoned his platoon in a war zone near the Pakistan border while serving with the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division.

The Idaho native's disappearance led to an all-hands-on-deck manhunt in Afghanistan's Paktika Province, as thousands of troops were diverted to rescue a man who left the safety of his outpost with his eyes open.

'He wasn't out on some patrol one day and got captured by the Taliban, and nobody smuggled him off of the base,' explained Cody Full, a 25-year-old former infantryman who spoke with MailOnline from Houston, Texas.

Full, too, was in Bergdahl's unit. And he's anguished at the thought that at least six soldiers died on missions to find him in the early, frantic months after he went missing.

'This soldier knew what he was doing,' Full said. 'He left us. He willingly and premeditatedly deserted his comrades. And he put his team, his squad, his platoon, his company, and thousands of other American soldiers in Afghanistan at a very high risk trying to find him.'

'If he didn't desert, and he was still in the platoon, those soldiers would not have been in the locations where they were killed ... because they wouldn't have been out there looking for him.'

Sutton said he 'felt like I was in immediate danger all the time' after Bergdahl left. 'All of us did. We were sent out for about 30 to 35 days straight looking for him.'

...'We swore and upheld our oath, and he did not,' he said softly. 'He's a deserter at best, and a traitor at worst.'

'Of course, I wasn't there in the room when he was with [the] Haqqani [Network] or whatever group happened to have him, so I can't say what he said. But he's not a hero. He's not a good example.'

'I know what I signed up for,' Sutton echoed, 'and so did Bowe. He didn't live up to it.'

'Article 85 of the UCMJ states that – this might be kinda severe – but for desertion in time of war, the penalty can be up to death.'

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          How on earth could any non-professing Muslim think along those lines? This story is getting stranger by the hour.
          I'm not sure I understand your confusion. You don't have to think Sharia is from Allah to understand that Muslims think it is.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
            I'm not sure I understand your confusion. You don't have to think Sharia is from Allah to understand that Muslims think it is.
            I missed the "to a Middle-Easterner" part, though I think I implicitly blocked it out trying to make sense of the "democracy as a Western myth" line.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              I missed the "to a Middle-Easterner" part, though I think I implicitly blocked it out trying to make sense of the "democracy as a Western myth" line.
              Heh, fair enough. I agree the 'myth' claim doesn't make much sense.
              I'm not here anymore.

Comment

For the record (ref: the title) he was a soldier, not a marine.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment