Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama's Foreign Policy Sell-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Fox News -- and that will make it worth while
    Sometimes I'm tempted to use a Fox News quote just because I know it drives him nuts.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      No person of average intelligence or above would draw that inference from what Lpot said.
      But look at who you are talking to.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        So, in war all is fair, whatever it takes to win, is that what you are implying lilpix? Excepting of course if it is the other side that does it!
        So you'd prefer millions of people dead to thousands? Nice to see where your priorities lay at.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Moreover all estimates put the casualty tolls among the civilian population of Japan in the high hundreds of thousands and possibly more if a conventional invasion of the Japanese home islands was pursued. This was based on the civilian death toll after the invasion of Okinawa which ran around 100,000 killed.

In an odd sort of way the use of the two atomic bombs saved far more lives than what the toll would have been if they weren't used.
          You also can't forget about the soviet invasion of Manchuria in early August, which basically cut off their last major supply line. Then again, I doubt Jimmy is aware of any of this stuff either.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

JimL is so funny.

He is like a caricature of a fundamentalist liberal foaming at the mouth.

Comment

No person of average intelligence or above would draw that inference from what Lpot said.

Jimmy -- NEWSFLASH!!! In WWII, we were actually fighting OTHER COUNTRIES, not Islamic extremism. Your incredibly naive view that "the war will be over" when we leave Afghanistan is.... well... just dopey. There will be no "surrender ceremony" with the Islamist extremists in your lifetime.
              We were also fighting fanatics, which wanted to destroy our country and wouldn't of even blinked an eye nuking every city in the US if they had a chance. That and we already knew how the Germans dealt with those they saw as being lower than them and how the Japanese dealt with those they conquered. They rounded up lots of them and put them to death. I guess Jimmy advocates being nice to murderous empires and terrorist, who commit things like that?
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                So you'd prefer millions of people dead to thousands? Nice to see where your priorities lay at.
                Did you see that his new BFF WWII Vet who is pro-Obama credited the ATOM BOMB with saving him from going to Japan and dying there?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Did you see that his new BFF WWII Vet who is pro-Obama credited the ATOM BOMB with saving him from going to Japan and dying there?
                  But Jimmy says it was wrong, so he must be right.
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The Germans were working on making an atomic bomb, which is why we ended up with several of their scientists who wanted to defect to the USA and work on our bomb.

The only reason we didn't use an atomic bomb on Germany was because they were already defeated by the time our bomb was operational. The bombs used in Japan probably ended the war years faster than if we fought conventionally. It saved thousands of Allied lives by forcing the Japanese to surrender and many Japanese lives too.

Yes it was horrible what happened, but so were conventional bombs and fighting. War isn't pretty no matter how it is done. But sometimes it has to be done. Either that or just roll over and give up our countries and freedoms to anyone who decides to take it.

We didn't start WW2. We were actually staying out of it directly until the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. That was probably the stupidest thing they could have done. They threw the first punch. We threw the last.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Source: Administration bypassed intel community to pursue Bergdahl trade, shelved ransom plan

The Obama administration largely bypassed the intelligence community to green-light the risky swap of five Taliban leaders for American Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, officials tell Fox News, as new details emerge about concerns with the deal at the highest levels of President Obama's team.

A military intelligence source also confirmed to Fox News that a second option -- involving the payment of a cash ransom for Bergdahl's freedom -- was pursued as late as December 2013.

The source said the goal was to reach out to Pakistan leadership with direct ties to the Taliban, and float the possibility of trading cash, instead of prisoners, for Bergdahl. That option, though, was put "on hold" in December when it was made clear the administration intended to pursue a prisoner swap.

Intelligence officials confirmed to Fox News that the Bergdahl prisoner swap was then on an accelerated track, and no formal assessment of the entire intelligence community was conducted. This made the opportunity to push back against the transfer extremely limited.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

IIRC I first heard about this on either CNN or Bloomberg but I picked the first story I ran across when I Googled it and figure the source would cause you to rip out your hair, spin on your eyebrows and spit out wooden nickles as you screamed about Fox News -- and that will make it worth while
                      Sure you first heard it on CNN rogue, thats probably why the article states "unidentified" officials tell FOX News, and an "unidentified" military intelligence source tells FOX News, and "unidentified" Intelligence officials, tell FOX News. Its an obvious FOX News story, and as usual all of there sources are unidentified. What would FOX News do without you guys?
                      Btw, you're assertion was that the original deal, the deal that at the time so many republicans signed on to, was not for the same 5 individuals. It was!
                      Last edited by JimL; 06-07-2014, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Sometimes I'm tempted to use a Fox News quote just because I know it drives him nuts.

Doesn't drive me nuts, what drives me nuts is that we have so many naive people in this country that are unable to discern the difference between journalism and right wing propaganda.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Doesn't drive me nuts, what drives me nuts is that we have so many naive people in this country that are unable to discern the difference between journalism and right wing propaganda.
                          Journalism as it's presently conducted most definitely serves as right-wing propaganda

Comment

AKA anything that dares to disagree with Jimmy MUST be 'right wing propaganda', but anything that agrees with Jimmy is journalism. Do yourself a favor and just stop posting, it will make you look much smarter than you're looking right now.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Doesn't drive me nuts, what drives me nuts is that we have so many naive people in this country that are unable to discern the difference between journalism and left wing propaganda.
                              fify

And, if you'd move to Siberia, there'd be one LESS naive person in this country.

Comment