Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama's Foreign Policy Sell-out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
    I find your anti-Idaho bigotry offensive. I demand a retraction.
    I hereby fully and unconditionally retract.

Also, I grew up in Idaho.
    One of our best vacations was in a cabin (a HUGE cabin) in Idaho. (on the way from Salt Lake City)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I hereby fully and unconditionally retract.

One of our best vacations was in a cabin (a HUGE cabin) in Idaho. (on the way from Salt Lake City)
      Just to be clear, my comment was meant in jest. I should've said, "I resemble that remark!"
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        Just to be clear, my comment was meant in jest. I should've said, "I resemble that remark!"
        I took it as such. Nevertheless, I hungded my head in shame for casting aspersions on all the good folks of Idaho.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I took it as such. Nevertheless, I hungded my head in shame for casting aspersions on all the good folks of Idaho.
          More like you were afeared that they'd cut you off and you couldn't make any more baked tater soup.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

all the good folks of Idaho.
            Why, there's at least a hundred of us!

Edit: I'm actually a Montanan now, but we're pretty much the same.
            Last edited by Zymologist; 06-02-2014, 03:10 PM.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I think there is a lot more than meets the eye. Why on earth would you have soldiers sign nondisclosure agreements?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/ber...erter-or-hero/

Many of Bergdahl's fellow troops -- from the seven or so who knew him best in his squad to the larger group that made up the 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division -- told CNN that they signed nondisclosure agreements agreeing to never share any information about Bergdahl's disappearance and the efforts to recapture him. Some were willing to dismiss that document in hopes that the truth would come out about a soldier who they now fear is being hailed as a hero, while the men who lost their lives looking for him are ignored.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

The AMAZING thing is that Obama sees this is a huge foreign policy success.

Comment

The AMAZING thing is that Obama sees this is a huge foreign policy success.
                  You know, this may blow up in his face.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    I don't know, the MSM may still bail him out, but even lil ol' Jay Carney has jumped ship. If the media decides to focus on Hillary, to help set her up as Queen, it's possible they may leave Obama hangin' out to dry.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                      May, nothing - first time a family gets on TV talking about the death of their loved one kidnapped because every bunch of loons thinks it's Open Season on Americans there will be a firestorm.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Also, Idaho is close to Canada and it SNOWS there. It must necessarily be evil.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          Also, Idaho is close to Canada and it SNOWS there. It must necessarily be evil.

Didn't it snow in Alabamistan this past winter?
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            Didn't it snow in Alabamistan this past winter?
                            Yes, it was an attack by evil mutant weather. It's not SUPPOSED to snow here!!!!!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              When you factor in his last e-mail to his parents sent the day before his disappearance and capture the conclusion that he was a deserter is reasonable:

Source: Wikipedia: Bowe Bergdahl

"In the US army you are cut down for being honest... but if you are a conceited brown nosing [slang for excrement] bag you will be allowed to do what ever you want, and you will be handed your higher rank... The system is wrong. I am ashamed to be an american. And the title of US soldier is just the lie of fools...I am sorry for everything here. These people need help, yet what they get is the most conceited country in the world telling them that they are nothing and that they are stupid, that they have no idea how to live. We don't even care when we hear each other talk about running their children down in the dirt streets with our armored trucks... We make fun of them in front of their faces, and laugh at them for not understanding we are insulting them...I am sorry for everything. The horror that is america is disgusting...There are a few more boxes coming to you guys. Feel free to open them, and use them."

Source

[*Term edited by rogue06*]

© Copyright Original Source

As more details surface it appears that Bergdahl wasn't worth "rescuing" and that he did indeed desert.

From the New York Times we learn that he left a letter for his comrades stating that he was leaving to start a "new life":

Source: Bowe Bergdahl’s Vanishing Before Capture Angered His Unit

Sometime after midnight on June 30, 2009, Pfc. Bowe Bergdahl left behind a note in his tent saying he had become disillusioned with the Army, did not support the American mission in Afghanistan and was leaving to start a new life. He slipped off the remote military outpost in Paktika Province on the border with Pakistan and took with him a soft backpack, water, knives, a notebook and writing materials, but left behind his body armor and weapons — startling, given the hostile environment around his outpost.

That account, provided by a former senior military officer briefed on the investigation into the private’s disappearance, is part of a more complicated picture emerging of the capture of a soldier whose five years as a Taliban prisoner influenced high-level diplomatic negotiations, brought in foreign governments, and ended with him whisked away on a helicopter by American commandos.

Source

This seems consistent with reports from soldiers that served with him that Bergdahl was “acting a little strange, telling people he wanted to ‘walk the earth’ and kept a little journal talking about how he was meant for better things.”

Further, and far more disturbing is, according to former Army Sergeant Evan Buetow, the team leader the night Bergdahl initially vanished they intercepted radio chatter indicated Bergdahl was seeking talks with the Taliban when he first walked away:

Source: Bergdahl's team leader: Intercepted radio chatter said he sought talks with the Taliban

Within days of his disappearance, says Buetow, teams monitoring radio chatter and cell phone communications intercepted an alarming message: The American is in Yahya Khel (a village two miles away). He's looking for someone who speaks English so he can talk to the Taliban.

"I heard it straight from the interpreter's lips as he heard it over the radio," said Buetow. "There's a lot more to this story than a soldier walking away."

Source

Buetow also cited his concern that Bergdahl might have even began assisting the Taliban with their attacks on soldiers searching for him

Source: same as above

"Following his disappearance, IEDs started going off directly under the trucks. They were getting perfect hits every time. Their ambushes were very calculated, very methodical," said Buetow.

It was "very suspicious," says Buetow, noting that Bergdahl knew sensitive information about the movement of U.S. trucks, the weaponry on those trucks, and how soldiers would react to attacks.

"We were incredibly worried" that Bergdahl was giving up information, either under torture, or otherwise, says Buetow.

That his suspicions may be true were apparently verified by others a few years ago

Source: Taliban claim captured U.S. solider has converted to Islam and is teaching its fighters bomb-making skills

A captured American soldier is training Taliban fighters bomb-making and ambush skills, according to one of his captors and Afghan intelligence officials.

Private Bowe Bergdahl disappeared in June 2009 while based in eastern Afghanistan and is thought to be the only U.S. serviceman in captivity.

The 24-year-old has converted to Islam and now has the Muslim name Abdullah, one of his captors told The Sunday Times.

A Taliban deputy district commander in Paktika, who called himself Haji Nadeem, told the newspaper that Bergdahl taught him how to dismantle a mobile phone and turn it into a remote control for a roadside bomb.

Nadeem claimed he also received basic ambush training from the U.S. soldier.

'Most of the skills he taught us we already knew,' he said. 'Some of my comrades think he's pretending to be a Muslim to save himself so they wouldn't behead him.'

Afghan intelligence officials also believe that Bergdahl is 'cooperating with the Taliban' and is acting as adviser to fighters at a base in the tribal area of Pakistan.

Source

All of this might explain why the Pentagon never officially listed Bergdahl as a Prisoner of War or why (after already losing fourteen men looking for him) that they wouldn't attempt any rescue operation for him although they knew where he was.

Source: Pentagon knew Bergdahl’s whereabouts but didn’t risk rescue for ‘deserter’

The Pentagon on several occasions had ground-level intelligence on where ArmySgt. Bowe Bergdahl was being held captive at various times — down to how many gunmen were guarding him — but special operations commanders repeatedly shelved rescue missions because they didn’t want to risk casualties for a man they believed to be a “deserter,” sources familiar with the mission plans said.

Source

It might also explain why Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said that "it's premature" to think there will be no charges against Bergdahl and if any misconduct is found, Army leaders "will not look away" (although he emphasized that Bergdahl is to be presumed innocent as the investigation takes place).

All of this comes just days after Susan Rice, Obama's national security adviser said Bergdahl served with "honor and distinction" and Obama himself celebrated the announcement of the prisoner swap in a White House Rose Garden press statement.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                All of this comes just days after Susan Rice, Obama's national security adviser said Bergdahl served with "honor and distinction" and Obama himself celebrated the announcement of the prisoner swap in a White House Rose Garden press statement.
                                I thought I saw, just the other day, Susan Rice referring to him as a Marine... but I can't seem to find where I saw that.

But what you said... YESH!

Comment