Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Chinese virologist: COVID-19 made in Wuhan lab...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    OMB?

Yeah, in part. I think the Left is also so far to the Left that they don't see any danger or any wrongdoing from communist China. They have so much love for centralized authoritarian government that they are in awe of China.
    It's sort of off topic, but how creepy of a coincidence is it that you had this pandemic from China (which now may have been intentional) that turned the world upside down into a draconian authoritative nightmare just like how they run their own country, directly followed by the rise of a Marxist movement in this country creating upheaval. Now that's freaky.

Comment

OMB?
      Orange Man Bad -- same reason why the libs can't get excited about the Middle East Peace Treaties.

Yeah, in part. I think the Left is also so far to the Left that they don't see any danger or any wrongdoing from communist China. They have so much love for centralized authoritarian government that they are in awe of China.
      Hmmmm
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        It's sort of off topic, but how creepy of a coincidence is it that you had this pandemic from China (which now may have been intentional) that turned the world upside down into a draconian authoritative nightmare just like how they run their own country, directly followed by the rise of a Marxist movement in this country creating upheaval. Now that's freaky.
        It's strange enough that it could be it's own conspiracy theory!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          That's .... interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            It's strange enough that it could be it's own conspiracy theory!
            It's not all that far-fetched, IMO.

Comment

Add to that this push for "cheat by mail" which has already proven to be disastrously problematic in the Democrat primaries, and I'm wondering how much longer America as we used to know it will survive.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's not all that far-fetched, IMO.
                Yeah, that's what I mean.

Comment

Steve Bannon Is Behind Bogus Study That China Created COVID
                  The study is the work of the Rule of Law Society and the Rule of Law Foundation, sister nonprofit organizations that Bannon was instrumental in creating. According to documents posted on the Society’s website last year, he served as that group’s chair. The Bannon connection was first spotted by Kevin Bird, a Ph.D. candidate at Michigan State University, and shared by Carl Bergstrom, a biology professor at the University of Washington, who called the study “bizarre and unfounded.”

Comment

Yeah, that's what I mean.
                    I saw a poster online that was a montage of mugshots taken of antifa members arrested in Portland (Google "antifa mugshots"). They seriously look hypnotized or brainwashed; blank and expressionless people. I wouldn't think they were paid to riot because these people don't look like they have any aspirations. But someone/some group is paying for their transportation around the country, and housing them. Rand Paul said some of the group that attacked him were staying at the same expensive hotel in DC. Can you imagine any of these people with that much money? I'd like to know who is financing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                      Steve Bannon Is Behind Bogus Study That China Created COVID
                      The study is the work of the Rule of Law Society and the Rule of Law Foundation, sister nonprofit organizations that Bannon was instrumental in creating. According to documents posted on the Society’s website last year, he served as that group’s chair. The Bannon connection was first spotted by Kevin Bird, a Ph.D. candidate at Michigan State University, and shared by Carl Bergstrom, a biology professor at the University of Washington, who called the study “bizarre and unfounded.”
                      Bannon looks different since the last time I saw him

tweet-james-woods-twitter-susupends-scientist-virus-covid-19.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I saw a poster online that was a montage of mugshots taken of antifa members arrested in Portland (Google "antifa mugshots"). They seriously look hypnotized or brainwashed; blank and expressionless people. I wouldn't think they were paid to riot because these people don't look like they have any aspirations. But someone/some group is paying for their transportation around the country, and housing them. Rand Paul said some of the group that attacked him were staying at the same expensive hotel in DC. Can you imagine any of these people with that much money? I'd like to know who is financing them.
                        Funny how absolutely nobody arrested at any of these riots belongs to a right wing group. I mean if it was really right wingers who were responsible as little jimmy contends wouldn't you think that at least a few of them would get nabbed?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Bannon looks different since the last time I saw him

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48139[/ATTACH]
                          Zenodo is an open access repository. The Rule of Law Society and the Rule of Law Foundation are political organizations. The abstract reads like a paranoid political screed.

Do y'all even remember what it was like to check a source first?

Comment

Wow, from you, that's quite an endorsement!
                            I avoid jumping to conclusion, especially based on the claim of one scientist. I am open to alternatives, but always go with the scientific evidence on the long term.
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I saw her interview.

She is qualified to say the virus was likely created in a lab - and even to say it was created in a Wuhan lab.

As far as her claim it was released intentionally by the Chinese military, that's a guess - and not a very good one, IMO. For that to be true, the military took the virus from the lab and basically walked it out the door and released it in the parking lot. Really horrible in covering their tracks, especially since they are insisting the virus didn't come from a Chinese lab at all. And why release it in China at all? If the military released it intentionally, I would expect to see it originate in Taiwan, or Hong Kong, or India, or the U.S., or some other rival or enemy.

Nah. I think it escaped from the lab accidentally. There have been too many denials and embarrassment in China about this. This pandemic hasn't been good for them in international relations.
                              Yes, she is qualified, and may have first hand knowledge. What is missing at present is she is silent concerning the scientific argument behind here claim. Silence, noting appears forth coming to document here accusation.

Still waiting . . .
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-25-2020, 05:00 PM.
                              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment