Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

HISTORIC agreements between Israel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[talking about historic agreements, it seems that Nicola’s star is rising and, out of the blue, The Declaration of Arbroath (1320) got a mention in the news this evening. Totally bonkers.]
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Some Christians have now been saying that "peace in the Middle East" is a sign of the Antichrist. Yes, I've heard this before too, but does anybody know where the Bible actually says this? (And I'd rather save the futurism/preterism debate for another thread).
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Some Christians have now been saying that "peace in the Middle East" is a sign of the Antichrist. Yes, I've heard this before too, but does anybody know where the Bible actually says this? (And I'd rather save the futurism/preterism debate for another thread).
        Darfius sort of implied it and he got instantly banned from the thread with just one post, yet you have FF and JimL pooping all over the agreement with free reign.

Being that Israel has had a history of peace agreements, I personally wouldn't go there just yet (though it's definitely on my radar being the times I strongly feel we're in). They start building the third temple... katy bar the door.

Comment

Nope - I just see it as a good thing in general, not necessarily related to prophecy.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            Darfius sort of implied it and he got instantly banned from the thread with just one post,
            I really didn't care for his "For all you "Christians" celebrating this sham" crap.

yet you have FF
            I like FF, and have sympathy for him cause he's not all there.

and JimL pooping all over the agreement with free reign.
            Nope - I asked JimL to leave the thread. Twice.

Being that Israel has had a history of peace agreements, I personally wouldn't go there just yet (though it's definitely on my radar being the times I strongly feel we're in). They start building the third temple... katy bar the door.
            It could well fit in the whole eschatology thing, but I'm not counting on it --- I'm just hopeful this will have an impact on Iran.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              Darfius sort of implied it and he got instantly banned from the thread with just one post, yet you have FF and JimL pooping all over the agreement with free reign.

I sort of suspect it's become one of those things that has entered evangelical folk religion, possibly based on being mentioned in one of the great eschatological popularizer's writings? I don't see any strong scriptural reference for it. I can at least see the basis for the popular claim that the Antichrist will be homosexual in Daniel 11:37, for comparison's sake.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I sort of suspect it's become one of those things that has entered evangelical folk religion, possibly based on being mentioned in one of the great eschatological popularizer's writings? I don't see any strong scriptural reference for it. I can at least see the basis for the popular claim that the Antichrist will be homosexual in Daniel 11:37, for comparison's sake.
                Third temple presence in the end times is pretty clear from Rev 11 and Paul's reference in 2 Thess 2 (from the OD too, though that's not as solid). Just from that fact alone pretty much assumes some sort of peace agreement would be required for such a construction to occur in that hotbed region. As far as a specific 7 year covenant the "antichrist" supposedly makes... yeah that's a bit more debatable and speculatory.

Comment

... and will lead to fewer US troops in the region. Great for you-know-who, again.

Nerves are frayed, we should have an all-sides team building thing, and get ready for the massive rebuilding effort to come.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                    ... and will lead to fewer US troops in the region. Great for you-know-who, again.

Nerves are frayed, we should have an all-sides team building thing, and get ready for the massive rebuilding effort to come.
                    Used to be a time when liberals would cheer for a peace agreement. Now they bitterly complain with predictions of doom and gloom. How times have changed.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Used to be a time when liberals would cheer for a peace agreement. Now they bitterly complain with predictions of doom and gloom. How times have changed.
                      We’re just being a little skeptical about this “peace agreement”. In my experience, liberals are a saintly, peace-loving people, who are often optimistic in their outlook; knowing that when the good man steps forward, there will again the progress towards justice for all. At the moment, we live in darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                        Let's make a trade, the Palestinians want all Jews out of the West Bank and Gaza. OK, over a million Palestinians Arabs live in Israel proper - can Israel ask them all to leave?
                        I fail to understand the analogy. Why should some citizens in Israel leave that country if they're of a particular descent?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post

I fail to understand the analogy. Why should some citizens in Israel leave that country if they're of a particular descent?
                          For precisely the same reason that others are being told to leave one because they're of a particular decent. If it is wrong in the one case it would be wrong in both. If it were okay in one case then it should also be okay in both.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post

So the Jews should then stay in the West Bank and Gaza? Just what the Palestinians don't want.
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

So the Jews should then stay in the West Bank and Gaza? Just what the Palestinians don't want.
                              Again your analogy doesn't make any sense. The Israeli in the West Bank are part of an effort to annex the region. That's not at all the same that is going on with Israeli citizens in Israel of non-jewish ethnicity.

It's quite clear that Israel intends to annex the region to get more living space. I find that gross,

Comment