Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

HISTORIC agreements between Israel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HISTORIC agreements between Israel...

Israel-UAE agreement to be signed Tuesday at White House

Press conference happening now.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Signing three documents - English, Hebrew and Arabic.

Peace, stability and normalization. Full recognition of Israel as a State.

Documents signed.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Documents signed.

Now if more can come onboard. Saudi Arabia would be the big prize.

'nuff posting for today. Waaaaaaaay over my limit but I'm on vacation this week and today is a down day

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Documents signed.
          If this was Obama the media would be touting it for days or weeks...And let's us not forget the Bahrain–Israel normalization agreement .
          Last edited by seer; 09-15-2020, 12:45 PM.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

UAE, Bahrain and Israel sign historic 'peace deal’

The United Arab Emirates and Bahrain have signed a historic deal with Israel, becoming the first Gulf states to formally normalise relations, in a move which dramatically re-shapes political dynamics in the region.

US President Donald Trump hosted the ceremony at the White House on Tuesday, capping several fraught few weeks since UAE and the Bahrain first agreed to forge diplomatic relations with Israel despite no formal resolution to the 70-year-old Israel Palestinian conflict.

At the US-brokered event with some 700 attendees, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu signed the “Abraham Accords” alongside Emirati Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahyan and Bahraini Foreign Minister Abdullatif Al Zayani.

Mr Trump, who is up for re-election in November, congratulated the three countries on this “outstanding achievement” saying the moment marks “the dawn of a new Middle East”.

“The Abraham accords… will serve as a foundation for a comprehension peace across the entire region something that no one thought was possible,” he said.

“[It] also open the doors for Muslims to visit the historic site in Israel,” he said referencing the Al-Aqsa mosques in Jerusalem.

He said there are other countries which will “very very soon” follow suit, echoing previous comments that “five or six” other nations were considering signing deals with Israel.

Calling the event “remarkable”, Mr Netanyahu offered his “profound gratitude” to Mr Trump for brokering deal. He said he was also thankful to the UAE and Bahrain “for working with the US and Israel to expand the circle of peace”.

He said these partnerships could end the Arab-Israeli conflict for good, and help the region economically.

General Keane credits Trump's statement at a prior meeting that he "stands with you" (50 some Arab and Jewish leaders) against Iran and Islamic extremism....

Comment

Hopefully this may be for good for the people living there.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Now if more can come onboard. Saudi Arabia would be the big prize.
                Egypt would be the big prize - if they agreed to normalized relations WITHOUT extorting US taxpayers to do so, every year.

Last year's tab: $1.42 billion.

Comment

It won’t change anything, is what I hear.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I'm also hesitatingly optimistic about this. I hope it works out well in the long term.

Comment

Can anyone explain what the big deal is? It's not like Israel and the UAE were at war.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        Can anyone explain what the big deal is? It's not like Israel and the UAE were at war.
                        Please tell me this is an act and that you're really not this astoundingly ignorant.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Ask why the Palestinians are so upset and you will have your answer.

Palestinian militants fire rockets at Israel as historic peace agreement is signed at White House

A rocket attack launched by Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip wounded two people in Israel Tuesday as the Middle East's lone Jewish state signed an agreement to normalize relations with two of its Arab neighbors at the White House. The attack was apparently coordinated to coincide with the signing of the agreement.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/palest...at-white-house

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                            I'm also hesitatingly optimistic about this. I hope it works out well in the long term.
                            My main concern is that this really pushes Iran to do something --- get with the program, or prove they're not going to.

Comment

And Nutsy Pelosi dismisses this as a "distraction".

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...-deal-n2576236
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment