Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

HISTORIC agreements between Israel...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    They are making a public declaration of their intent to recognize Israel as a State - that's huge, and a thumb in the eye to Iran, since Trump made it clear that he is standing with them AGAINST Iran and Islamic extremism.
    Well, they made a public declaration of what everyone in the Middle East knew they were already doing privately. Might be more of an arms deal since the UAE cancelled the signing a week or 2 ago over the refusal of the US to sell them Military aircraft. Apparently that's a go now.


    As General Keane said - "it is a major geopolitical realignment in the Middle East".
    Gen. Keane is a known Trumpster and frequent FOXNews contributor, so an off the cuff comment of praise by him i'll take with a grain of salt.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Well, they made a public declaration of what everyone in the Middle East knew they were already doing privately. Might be more of an arms deal since the UAE cancelled the signing a week or 2 ago over the refusal of the US to sell them Military aircraft. Apparently that's a go now.



      Gen. Keane is a known Trumpster and frequent FOXNews contributor, so an off the cuff comment of praise by him i'll take with a grain of salt.
      Not JUST a public declaration, Jim - they FORMALIZED it.

      The peace treaties between the UAE, Bahrain and Israel are signed

      WASHINGTON – Marking the "dawn of a new Middle East," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu signed on Tuesday historic and groundbreaking normalization agreements with the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, the third and fourth ever between Israel and Arab states.

      “This is an incredible day for the world,” said US President Donald Trump at the start of the ceremony.

      The courage of the Israeli and Arab leaders has enabled these countries “to take a major stride toward a future where people of all faiths live together in peace and prosperity," Trump said.

      The text of the peace accord with the UAE and the declaration of peace with Bahrain were not made available to the public before the signing. Among the details Israeli officials divulged before the signing ceremony were that the agreements would not go into effect until the Israeli cabinet ratified them. UAE officials said there would be references to a two-state solution.

      The president added that the Abraham Accord – as he has called it – opens the door for Muslim, Jews and Christians “to live together, pray together and dream together." He emphasized that Muslims from around the world would be to visit the holy sites in Israel, including Al Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.

      Netanyahu spoke next, reminding the audience that the Jews have prayed for peace for thousands of years and the citizens of Israel have for decades. The day “brings hope to all of the children of Abraham," he said.

      “To all of Israel's friends in the Middle East – those who are with us today and those who will join us tomorrow – I say, salaam aleichem, peace unto thee, shalom," he continued.

      “The blessings of peace that we make today will be enormous,” he continued, “first because this peace will eventually expand to include other Arab states, and ultimately, it can end the Arab-Israel conflict once and for all.”

      UAE Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed expressed similar sentiments, reinforcing that “we are witnessing today a new trend that will create a new path for the Middle East."

      But he also emphasized that the Abraham Accord “will enable us to stand with the Palestinians and enable their hopes of establishing a Palestinian state.” He thanked Netanyahu for “halting annexation of Palestinian territories.”

      Bahrain Foreign Minister Abdullatif bin Rashid Alzayani spoke as well.

      Trump and Netanyahu met in the Oval Office ahead of the ceremony. During that meeting, Trump said that he expects that Israel will make peace with “about five different countries... "not very far down the road.”

      He added that the Jewish state made peace with two Arab countries in 72 years and an additional two in just one month.

      The two Gulf States become only the third and fourth countries in the Middle East to recognize Israel and establish formal diplomatic relations with the Jewish state since Egypt did so in 1979 and Jordan in 1994, drastically re-drawing the political map in the region.
      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Not JUST a public declaration, Jim - they FORMALIZED it.

        The peace treaties between the UAE, Bahrain and Israel are signed

        WASHINGTON – Marking the "dawn of a new Middle East," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu signed on Tuesday historic and groundbreaking normalization agreements with the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, the third and fourth ever between Israel and Arab states.

        “This is an incredible day for the world,” said US President Donald Trump at the start of the ceremony.

        The courage of the Israeli and Arab leaders has enabled these countries “to take a major stride toward a future where people of all faiths live together in peace and prosperity," Trump said.

        The text of the peace accord with the UAE and the declaration of peace with Bahrain were not made available to the public before the signing. Among the details Israeli officials divulged before the signing ceremony were that the agreements would not go into effect until the Israeli cabinet ratified them. UAE officials said there would be references to a two-state solution.

        The president added that the Abraham Accord – as he has called it – opens the door for Muslim, Jews and Christians “to live together, pray together and dream together." He emphasized that Muslims from around the world would be to visit the holy sites in Israel, including Al Aqsa Mosque on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.

        Netanyahu spoke next, reminding the audience that the Jews have prayed for peace for thousands of years and the citizens of Israel have for decades. The day “brings hope to all of the children of Abraham," he said.

        “To all of Israel's friends in the Middle East – those who are with us today and those who will join us tomorrow – I say, salaam aleichem, peace unto thee, shalom," he continued.

        “The blessings of peace that we make today will be enormous,” he continued, “first because this peace will eventually expand to include other Arab states, and ultimately, it can end the Arab-Israel conflict once and for all.”

        UAE Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed expressed similar sentiments, reinforcing that “we are witnessing today a new trend that will create a new path for the Middle East."

        But he also emphasized that the Abraham Accord “will enable us to stand with the Palestinians and enable their hopes of establishing a Palestinian state.” He thanked Netanyahu for “halting annexation of Palestinian territories.”

        Bahrain Foreign Minister Abdullatif bin Rashid Alzayani spoke as well.

        Trump and Netanyahu met in the Oval Office ahead of the ceremony. During that meeting, Trump said that he expects that Israel will make peace with “about five different countries... "not very far down the road.”

        He added that the Jewish state made peace with two Arab countries in 72 years and an additional two in just one month.

        The two Gulf States become only the third and fourth countries in the Middle East to recognize Israel and establish formal diplomatic relations with the Jewish state since Egypt did so in 1979 and Jordan in 1994, drastically re-drawing the political map in the region.
        I dunno, the whole thing smells a bit fishy to me. The supposed deal includes Israel ending the annexation of the W. Bank, and yet Netanyahu says he is committed to the continued annexation. I'll wait to see what exactly is going on there.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by seer View Post
          How come when the West Bank and Gaza were under Arab control they never offered Palestinians their own state?
          Dunno, but it’s not their problem now.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by JimL View Post
            I dunno, the whole thing smells a bit fishy to me.
            I would be surprised if you weren't willing to give credit to Trump for an HISTORIC change in the Middle East.

            The supposed deal
            The "supposed" deal? Jim, they sat on worldwide television and signed MULTIPLE TREATIES -- in THREE LANGUAGES.

            includes Israel ending the annexation of the W. Bank, and yet Netanyahu says he is committed to the continued annexation. I'll wait to see what exactly is going on there.
            And you'll still find a way to dismiss this HISTORIC event, because OMB.
            "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              I dunno, the whole thing smells a bit fishy to me. The supposed deal includes Israel ending the annexation of the W. Bank, and yet Netanyahu says he is committed to the continued annexation. I'll wait to see what exactly is going on there.
              As an intellectual exercise, imagine it was Barack Obama or President Hillary who orchestrated this peace deal. What would your opinion be then?
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God


              From "Fools Gold" by Petra

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                As an intellectual exercise, imagine it was Barack Obama or President Hillary who orchestrated this peace deal. What would your opinion be then?
                "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                Comment


                • #38
                  The deal seems to be massively over-hyped.

                  Among questions that remain is whether Israel will formally commit to pause annexation of parts of the West Bank. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's threats to push forward on taking disputed territory helped accelerate the deal as the UAE offered diplomatic recognition in exchange for setting annexation aside — at least for now.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    The deal seems to be massively over-hyped.
                    But if OBAMA had done this.....
                    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                      Dunno, but it’s not their problem now.
                      Because there never was a recognized Palestinian state, not even by the Arabs. Look at what happened to Israel after they gave Gaza back - constant missile attacks... How can you talk peace with the Palestinians when they don't even accept your right to exist?
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        But if OBAMA had done this.....
                        He would have a ticker tape parade...
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Scripture Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5

                          Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

                          © Copyright Original Source



                          For all you "Christians" celebrating this sham. Man has no right to divide up God's land. You would think the fire, floods and pestilence might be clues for you all, but nope. The self-absorption is real.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Darfius View Post
                            Scripture Verse: 1 Thessalonians 5

                            Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

                            © Copyright Original Source



                            For all you "Christians" celebrating this sham. Man has no right to divide up God's land. You would think the fire, floods and pestilence might be clues for you all, but nope. The self-absorption is real.
                            Your reputation precedes you, sir. Please find your way to the exit. Thanks.

                            I'm aware of Bible prophecy, but the peace being spoken of is not simply the absence of war. We need less war while we "occupy til He comes".

                            (And just to remove any possible ambiguity - yes, you're being expelled from the thread)
                            "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I would be surprised if you weren't willing to give credit to Trump for an HISTORIC change in the Middle East.



                              The "supposed" deal? Jim, they sat on worldwide television and signed MULTIPLE TREATIES -- in THREE LANGUAGES.



                              And you'll still find a way to dismiss this HISTORIC event, because OMB.
                              OMB is bad regardless.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                As an intellectual exercise, imagine it was Barack Obama or President Hillary who orchestrated this peace deal. What would your opinion be then?
                                I'd have 100% more confidence that it was legit rather than political shananigans. Israel signs peace treaty with UAE who wasn't even at war with Israel and in return they get military equiptment from the US. Looks like a political deal to me.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X