// Required code

Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

And in other news relating to the trump attacks on science ...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • And in other news relating to the trump attacks on science ...

    the spokesman for HHS has literally lost his mind and is actively interfering with CDC reporting as it relates to covid 19.

    I mean this is literally looney tunes nutcase stuff.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ion/index.html

    Source: above

    The top spokesman for the Department of Health and Human Services issued an extraordinary broadside on Sunday against career government scientists, accusing them of "sedition" in their response to coronavirus and claiming without evidence that a critical federal health agency has a "resistance unit" against President Donald Trump.

    Michael Caputo, a fierce defender of Trump who was appointed to the agency earlier this year by the President, made the accusations during a live video hosted on his personal Facebook page, which -- along with his Twitter account -- was deactivated at some point following the Sunday diatribe. Caputo confirmed the comments he made during the video, which were first reported by The New York Times, to CNN on Monday.

    The live video followed criticism in response to reporting that Trump-appointed communications officials at HHS pushed to change language of weekly US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention documents and that Caputo, the assistant secretary of public affairs, demanded to see the documents before they were released. The effort caused alarm among officials at the agency who view the move as political

    © Copyright Original Source



    And even more off the rails

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...virus.amp.html

    Source: above

    The top communications official at the powerful cabinet department in charge of combating the coronavirus made outlandish and false accusations on Sunday that career government scientists were engaging in “sedition” in their handling of the pandemic and that left-wing hit squads were preparing for armed insurrection after the election.

    © Copyright Original Source

    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  • #2
    You obviously have not studied the history of Fauci and Birx and the ties with Big Pharma. You fell for more propaganda. You go the best sources of propaganda with CNN and the NY Times

    there are also doctors and scientists who have come out with different conclusions about the virus.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      You obviously have not studied the history of Fauci and Birx and the ties with Big Pharma. You fell for more propaganda. You go the best sources of propaganda with CNN and the NY Times

      there are also doctors and scientists who have come out with different conclusions about the virus.
      This guy is nuts mike, and he is actively trying to filter science reporting wrt covid so it conforms - not with actual, real, scientific research, but with what Trump wants to be true, what Trump wants to reveal in his attempts to hide the truth about it (as per the woodward tapes).

      He needs to be removed, immediately.
      He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

      "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        This guy is nuts mike, and he is actively trying to filter science reporting wrt covid so it conforms - not with actual, real, scientific research, but with what Trump wants to be true, what Trump wants to reveal in his attempts to hide the truth about it (as per the woodward tapes).

        He needs to be removed, immediately.
        The research is that HCQ with Zinc is a cure. The research is that masks don't do much of anything. The evidence is that COVID-19 mostly only causes death to the elderly -- with 2 or more comorbidities.

        The whole coronavirus response has been based on hype rather than the science.

        The decisions are based on which doctors you rely on. Do you only listen to the apocalyptic doomsayers in the government or to the multitudes of doctors across the world with a contrary finding?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
          The research is that HCQ with Zinc is a cure. The research is that masks don't do much of anything. The evidence is that COVID-19 mostly only causes death to the elderly -- with 2 or more comorbidities.

          The whole coronavirus response has been based on hype rather than the science.

          The decisions are based on which doctors you rely on. Do you only listen to the apocalyptic doomsayers in the government or to the multitudes of doctors across the world with a contrary finding?
          What I don't get about people like you mike is why you'll believe without question the nonsense put out by nutcases and nutters that fly it alone, and completely refuse to listen to any actual read PhD's and medical doctors that are truly on the forefronts of the research. What in the world does a nutter that can't justify his opinions with real data and that can be shown to be wrong by any student in the field have that a bona-fide serious and qualified researcher does not?
          He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

          "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            He needs to be removed, immediately.
            It appears Michael Caputo is going to step aside "for health issues".
            "The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it." - P. J. O'Rourke

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
              It appears Michael Caputo is going to step aside "for health issues".
              He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

              "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

              Comment


              • #8
                Apparently, the journal Science and the magazine Scientific American have both endorsed Biden. Not surprising, since Trump and his supporters are, with very few exceptions, the poster children for anti-science fanatics.
                "The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it." - P. J. O'Rourke

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                  Apparently, the journal Science and the magazine Scientific American have both endorsed Biden.
                  I read where SA has done so but have heard nothing about the journal Science also doing it.
                  Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                  Not surprising, since Trump and his supporters are, with very few exceptions, the poster children for anti-science fanatics.
                  Ironic coming from the so-called "party of science" that has trouble figuring out how many genders there are and gets all confused about life when it comes to abortions Y'all flunk Biology 101


                  I'm always still in trouble again

                  "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I read where SA has done so but have heard nothing about the journal Science also doing it.
                    You are correct. While the editorial page of Science has been very negative about Trump recently, they have apparently not endorsed Biden.

                    Below is an excerpt and a link to a September 11th editorial in Science:

                    https://science.sciencemag.org/conte....abe7391?rss=1

                    TRUMP LIED ABOUT SCIENCE

                    Over the years, this page has commented on the scientific foibles of U.S. presidents. Inadequate action on climate change and environmental degradation during both Republican and Democratic administrations have been criticized frequently. Editorials have bemoaned endorsements by presidents on teaching intelligent design, creationism, and other antiscience in public schools. These matters are still important. But now, a U.S. president has deliberately lied about science in a way that was imminently dangerous to human health and directly led to widespread deaths of Americans. This may be the most shameful moment in the history of U.S. science policy...
                    "The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it." - P. J. O'Rourke

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      the spokesman for HHS has literally lost his mind and is actively interfering with CDC reporting as it relates to covid 19.
                      In other news, this is fake news...

                      High-ranking federal health officials vehemently denied on Wednesday that political appointees are manipulating or meddling with U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) weekly scientific reports outlining the progress of the Chinese coronavirus pandemic.

                      During a hearing by the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, Dr. Robert Redfield, the CDC Director, joined two top public health officials who dismissed claims that political interference is compromising his agency’s scientific Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports (MMWRs).

                      “At no time has the scientific integrity of the MMWR been compromised, and I can say that under my watch, it will not be compromised,” Dr. Redfield told Senators on Wednesday, further stressing...

                      https://www.breitbart.com/science/20...irus-response/
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God


                      From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        In other news, this is fake news...

                        High-ranking federal health officials vehemently denied on Wednesday that political appointees are manipulating or meddling with U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) weekly scientific reports outlining the progress of the Chinese coronavirus pandemic.

                        During a hearing by the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, Dr. Robert Redfield, the CDC Director, joined two top public health officials who dismissed claims that political interference is compromising his agency’s scientific Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports (MMWRs).

                        “At no time has the scientific integrity of the MMWR been compromised, and I can say that under my watch, it will not be compromised,” Dr. Redfield told Senators on Wednesday, further stressing...

                        https://www.breitbart.com/science/20...irus-response/
                        Hmm, the organization accused of compromising for Trump denies they've been compromised. Who'd have thought they would do that?
                        He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

                        "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          In other news, this is fake news...

                          High-ranking federal health officials vehemently denied on Wednesday that political appointees are manipulating or meddling with U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) weekly scientific reports outlining the progress of the Chinese coronavirus pandemic.

                          During a hearing by the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, Dr. Robert Redfield, the CDC Director, joined two top public health officials who dismissed claims that political interference is compromising his agency’s scientific Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports (MMWRs).

                          “At no time has the scientific integrity of the MMWR been compromised, and I can say that under my watch, it will not be compromised,” Dr. Redfield told Senators on Wednesday, further stressing...

                          https://www.breitbart.com/science/20...irus-response/
                          Is it fair to say that you consider Redfield a credible, named source?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            Hmm, the organization accused of compromising for Trump denies they've been compromised. Who'd have thought they would do that?
                            Right, denials are proof to wild-eyed conspiracy nuts like you.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God


                            From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Right, denials are proof to wild-eyed conspiracy nuts like you.
                              The man is on a 60 day 'leave of absence'. So him losing his mind is not fake news. He had to be pulled out, my guess is to be reinstated only of Trump is re-elected (though maybe never). As to what influence he had on CDC reports, there is significant evidence of corruption and interference by Trump in a variety of organizations that would tend to undermine its message: to name a few - the EPA, the CDC, most certainly the justice department under Barr. Spokesman from those organizations walk a fine line. So a 'denial' the president has corrupted them in any way is to be expected and can't be taken at face value, just as it would be in Russia or China under similar circumstance. Trump has created an environment where we, like the people of Russia or China, must understand that people and institutions that answer to the president are NOT free to tell the truth about anything that would cast a bad light on him.
                              He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

                              "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Whateverman, Yesterday, 08:11 PM
                              0 responses
                              16 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post Whateverman  
                              Started by shunyadragon, Yesterday, 07:16 PM
                              18 responses
                              58 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Whateverman  
                              Started by Whateverman, Yesterday, 12:47 PM
                              12 responses
                              49 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post CivilDiscourse  
                              Started by Ronson, Yesterday, 10:00 AM
                              33 responses
                              287 views
                              2 likes
                              Last Post Ronson
                              by Ronson
                               
                              Started by seanD, 10-18-2020, 05:25 PM
                              2 responses
                              63 views
                              3 likes
                              Last Post seanD
                              by seanD
                               
                              Working...
                              X