Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump campaign cancelling TV ads in battleground states

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trump campaign cancelling TV ads in battleground states

    https://www.alternet.org/2020/09/tru...-expands-buys/


    The Donald Trump campaign has canceled millions of dollars in ad buys in critical battleground states, including Iowa, Nevada, and Ohio, while the Joe Biden campaign, after posting historic fundraising results, is expanding its ad buys.

    Bloomberg News reports the Trump campaign “is scaling back its television advertising spending and in some cases abandoning it altogether for now in key states, facing a cash crunch brought on by huge investments in staff and operations.”

    The Biden campaign has outspent the Trump campaign in TV ads by more than four times, $97.7 million to $21.6, over the past month.

    “It should be an alarm to every Republican donor that they’ve got to dig deep and give more,” David McIntosh, president of Club for Growth, told the Associated Press, which notes the dark money group has “come to Trump’s aid by running commercials on his behalf.”


    Trump can't win without Ohio, so this paints a pretty bad picture for him. Biden also outraised Trump by something like $150M last month. Where did all the money go?

  • #2
    Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
    https://www.alternet.org/2020/09/tru...-expands-buys/


    The Donald Trump campaign has canceled millions of dollars in ad buys in critical battleground states, including Iowa, Nevada, and Ohio, while the Joe Biden campaign, after posting historic fundraising results, is expanding its ad buys.

    Bloomberg News reports the Trump campaign “is scaling back its television advertising spending and in some cases abandoning it altogether for now in key states, facing a cash crunch brought on by huge investments in staff and operations.”

    The Biden campaign has outspent the Trump campaign in TV ads by more than four times, $97.7 million to $21.6, over the past month.

    “It should be an alarm to every Republican donor that they’ve got to dig deep and give more,” David McIntosh, president of Club for Growth, told the Associated Press, which notes the dark money group has “come to Trump’s aid by running commercials on his behalf.”


    Trump can't win without Ohio, so this paints a pretty bad picture for him. Biden also outraised Trump by something like $150M last month. Where did all the money go?
    The better question is where all that money came from...
    That's what
    - She

    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    Stephen R. Donaldson

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
      Trump can't win without Ohio, so this paints a pretty bad picture for him.
      I follow the polls and electoral college vote tally very closely, and currently Trump can't win without Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, and Texas. Even if he wins all those states, he would need to pick up another 11 electoral college votes, his best bets being either Pennsylvania or Michigan. At this point, all indications are that Biden should have an easy victory, although four years ago we could have said a similar thing about Hillary.

      EDIT: Actually, 12 electoral college votes. 11 would result in a tie.
      Last edited by Reepicheep; 09-14-2020, 07:54 PM.
      "The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it." - P. J. O'Rourke

      Comment


      • #4
        Joe Rogan has offered to moderate a debate between the two candidates. Trump has already accepted. No word from Biden yet.

        It would be a four-hour debate, nobody in the room except for the three of them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          Joe Rogan has offered to moderate a debate between the two candidates. Trump has already accepted. No word from Biden yet.

          It would be a four-hour debate, nobody in the room except for the three of them.
          It would be awesome, but Biden would never do it. The only way Biden is debating is if strict guidelines (that are in his favor) are followed and settled beforehand. I think Trump should appear on his show regardless, then he could rag on Biden about what a coward he is for not showing.
          "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by seanD View Post
            It would be awesome, but Biden would never do it. The only way Biden is debating is if strict guidelines (that are in his favor) are followed and settled beforehand. I think Trump should appear on his show regardless, then he could rag on Biden about what a coward he is for not showing.
            That would be like Biden arranging a 4 hour debate moderated by Maddow, who is more qualified than Rogan for this kind of thing BTW, and crowing victory when Trump said he wouldn't show. Be serious.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
              That would be like Biden arranging a 4 hour debate moderated by Maddow, who is more qualified than Rogan for this kind of thing BTW, and crowing victory when Trump said he wouldn't show. Be serious.
              Rogan =/= Maddow
              That's what
              - She

              Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

              I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              Stephen R. Donaldson

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                Rogan =/= Maddow
                Right. Maddow is a respected journalist and Rogan is a comedian.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
                  Maddow is a respected journalist....
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Even if you don't respect her at least she's a journalist and not "just" a comedian (I tend to think comedians are generally pretty insightful and sharp).

                    But let's replace her with Shep Smith or Chris Wallace. Would it really surprise you if Trump declined a four hour debate moderated by them? Your laughing smilies are just proving my point.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
                      Right. Maddow is a respected journalist and Rogan is a comedian.
                      Rogan is a Libertarian. Maddow is a rabid leftist.
                      That's what
                      - She

                      Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                      I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      Stephen R. Donaldson

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Rogan is a Libertarian. Maddow is a rabid leftist.
                        You're still just proving my point. And so what in any case?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
                          That would be like Biden arranging a 4 hour debate moderated by Maddow, who is more qualified than Rogan for this kind of thing BTW, and crowing victory when Trump said he wouldn't show. Be serious.
                          Rogan's an admitted Bernie supporter.
                          "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
                            You're still just proving my point. And so what in any case?
                            Your analogy doesn't work. Trump isn't a Libertarian, and Rogan is by far not a fan of Trump's. Maddow on the other hand is blatantly for Biden and against Trump. Rogan is a centrist, and the only valid replacement would be another centrist, not any hyper-liberal.
                            That's what
                            - She

                            Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

                            I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            Stephen R. Donaldson

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
                              Maddow is a respected journalist...
                              Yep, the same Rachael Maddow whose lawyer argued in court that she deals in "rhetorical hyperbole, incapable of being proved true or false".

                              Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-15-2020, 11:35 AM.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God


                              From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X