Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump campaign cancelling TV ads in battleground states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    "Unqualified" = not carrying Biden's water.
    As I've said repeatedly I wouldn't hold it against Trump if he declined a debate solely moderated by Maddow. Or any unconventional debate format for that matter. I don't think a manifestly unfair debate would serve the interests of the country or of voters.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
      As I've said repeatedly I wouldn't hold it against Trump if he declined a debate solely moderated by Maddow. Or any unconventional debate format for that matter. I don't think a manifestly unfair debate would serve the interests of the country or of voters.
      But you're just trolling with that example. Maddow is in fact a Biden supporter. Rogan is a Bernie/Gabbard supporter. It would be unfair to Biden only because Rogan wouldn't provide defensive cover for Biden if Trump unleashed on him. That's what you're actually concerned about.

Comment

But you're just trolling with that example. Maddow is in fact a Biden supporter. Rogan is a Bernie/Gabbard supporter. It would be unfair to Biden only because Rogan wouldn't provide defensive cover for Biden if Trump unleashed on him. That's what you're actually concerned about.
        If Rogan is an avowed Sanders supporter then that is also quite problematic since, as I'm sure you agree, the job of a debate moderator is to be as unbiased as possible. I don't think it helps anyone to have an avowed Biden or Trump defender being the sole moderator in a debate. There's a reason I'm a big fan of Justin Brierley. He's a committed Christian but you can't possibly watch his show and come away with the impression that he has even a molecule of his thumb on the scale in the discussions he moderates, either with nonbelievers or with Christians of a different stripe.

Comment

If Rogan is an avowed Sanders supporter then that is also quite problematic since, as I'm sure you agree, the job of a debate moderator is to be as unbiased as possible. I don't think it helps anyone to have an avowed Biden or Trump defender being the sole moderator in a debate. There's a reason I'm a big fan of Justin Brierley. He's a committed Christian but you can't possibly watch his show and come away with the impression that he has even a molecule of his thumb on the scale in the discussions he moderates, either with nonbelievers or with Christians of a different stripe.
          Rogan is pretty neutral between the two though. He's ragged on Biden about his cognitive decline, but he's also ragged on Trumnp for the things he says. In fact, in that very interview where he proposed the debate he was ragging on Trump for the things he says and how hilarious it was he was our president. So you really have no argument about neutrality or fairness. As I've said repeatedly, your concern is that Biden wouldn't be able to handle a debate like that and a debate that wouldn't have any sort defensive restraints in his favor. Just admit it, dude. I won't hold it against you

Comment

Rogan is pretty neutral between the two though. He's ragged on Biden about his cognitive decline, but he's also ragged on Trumnp for the things he says. In fact, in that very interview where he proposed the debate he was ragging on Trump for the things he says and how hilarious it was he was our president. So you really have no argument about neutrality or fairness. As I've said repeatedly, your concern is that Biden wouldn't be able to handle a debate like and a debate that wouldn't have any sort defensive restraints in his favor. Just admit it, dude. I won't hold it against you
            If you're convinced that I'm just making excuses then have at it. All I care about is that the few remaining undecideds get a fair picture of the candidates and they vote for the person they think would do a better job. I don't see how a four hour debate moderated by someone with Rogan's "sterling" reputation will accomplish that. Fin.

Comment

No, I'm pointing out that it's ridiculous to claim that the sole reason someone might decline a non-standard debate solely hosted by someone one side views as unqualified could only be explained by dementia or fear. It might just be because that's not the appropriate venue for a presidential debate in an election I'm sure you'd agree is uniquely consequential.
              Like I said, the only thing I'm taking issue with is your fantastical description of Rachael Maddow. She's no more a journalist that Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Like I said, the only thing I'm taking issue with is your fantastical description of Rachael Maddow. She's no more a journalist that Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh.
                I've given no such description. She won two Emmys for News and Documentary. That's a recognition of industry respect and impact. Not interested in pursuing your rabbit trail further.

Comment

If you're convinced that I'm just making excuses then have at it. All I care about is that the few remaining undecideds get a fair picture of the candidates and they vote for the person they think would do a better job. I don't see how a four hour debate moderated by someone with Rogan's "sterling" reputation will accomplish that. Fin.
                  And this would be the way to do it. Have the candidates sit down and explain their polices and why the polices of the other candidate are so bad, raw, unscripted, un-timed restraint and without some political hack running cover for either candidate in front of probably the biggest audience in the history of media, and where it would especially impact the younger crowd. Plus, it would be the perfect opportunity for Biden to dispel his cognitive decline as just a rightwing conspiracy theory. But you and all the other fake Dems are scared of that because you know for a fact he's in mental decline.

Comment

And this would be the way to do it. Have the candidates sit down and explain their polices and why the polices of the other candidate are so bad, raw, unscripted, un-timed restraint and without some political hack running cover for either candidate in front of probably the biggest audience in the history of media, and where it would especially impact the younger crowd. Plus, it would be the perfect opportunity for Biden to dispel his cognitive decline as just a rightwing conspiracy theory. But you and all the other fake Dems are scared of that because you know for a fact he's in mental decline.
                    I'm a "fake democrat"? I voted for Trump!

You saw in Trump's Town Hall on Tuesday the value of real time fact checking by someone who is actually qualified. If you really think Rogan is the best person for this job then great. I don't. I do doubt that this would break media engagement records, though. I heard Megan McCain say the same thing and I have no idea where that is coming from.

Comment

I'm a "fake democrat"? I voted for Trump!

You saw in Trump's Town Hall on Tuesday the value of real time fact checking by someone who is actually qualified. If you really think Rogan is the best person for this job then great. I don't. I do doubt that this would break media engagement records, though. I heard Megan McCain say the same thing and I have no idea where that is coming from.
                      Fake = Terrified liberals trying to squirm your way around this from happening at all costs with your phony judgmental smoke screens -- 'he's waycist, he's sexist, he's homophobe..." or any other fake nonsense excuses you can come up with.

Comment

Fake = Terrified liberals trying to squirm your way around this from happening at all costs with your phony judgmental smoke screens -- 'he's waycist, he's sexist, he's homophobe..." or any other fake nonsense excuses you can come up with.
                        Pence's former top aide today came out saying that Trump knew the dangers of COVID back in February and even said "Maybe COVID is a good thing? That way I don't have to shake hands with these disgusting people." Lifelong Republican, named, first party source.

Comment

Pence's former top aide today came out saying that Trump knew the dangers of COVID back in February and even said "Maybe COVID is a good thing? That way I don't have to shake hands with these disgusting people." Lifelong Republican, named, first party source.
                          And?

Comment

And?
                            You can't "fake news" or "just whining snowflakes" out of what she has to say. Whatever descriptions you use to dismiss what I have to say clearly don't apply to her.

Comment

You can't "fake news" or "just whining snowflakes" out of what she has to say. Whatever descriptions you use to dismiss what I have to say clearly don't apply to her.
                              "Let's just change the subject, okay?" I think you need a bit more practice at this.

Comment

"Let's just change the subject, okay?" I think you need a bit more practice at this.
                                I thought when you said

You were talking about Trump, not Rogan.

Comment