Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump campaign cancelling TV ads in battleground states

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
    I don't watch The View. I saw enough of his stand up to know that he's not someone qualified to moderate a presidential debate. I don't believe any joke should be off limits but I don't think there is anything wrong with making comedians live with their words either (with some allowance. Rogan's words were so ridiculously over the line though).
    You mean like when Biden compared black communities to a "racial jungle?" Was that more racist or not as racist than what Rogan said about a black neighborhood (because I know that's what you're referring to)?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I didn't say a thing about Rogan. You have been complaining he isn't qualified because he is just a comedian. He is also a TV Host (he hosted Fear Factor)

Then you claimed Maddow was qualified because she is a journalist. She isn't. She just comments on politics. Dramatically.

As far as qualifications go, they are about the same. Talking heads. Their politics are way different though. Rogan is more center. I think it would be good to have a neutral party or a centrist do the questions. No favoritism.
      Here's some of the thing's that Rogan has said which are simply disqualifying

https://www.okayplayer.com/culture/j...t-podcast.html

That page includes a compilation of the times he's used the n word (with an 'r'). I wouldn't even be able to post a transcript of what he said without getting moderated.

And I never called him just a comedian. I called him "just" a comedian and gave a caveat on my use of that word. I have a lot of respect for comedians and generally think they're pretty smart and insightful. I mentioned Maddow to make the point that declining a non-standard debate hosted by a single moderator who does not come across as impartial or qualified doesn't prove anything. That's it.

Comment

That page includes a compilation of the times he's used the n word (with an 'r'). I wouldn't even be able to post a transcript of what he said without getting moderated.

And I never called him just a comedian. I called him "just" a comedian and gave a caveat on my use of that word. I have a lot of respect for comedians and generally think they're pretty smart and insightful. I mentioned Maddow to make the point that declining a non-standard debate hosted by a single moderator who does not come across as impartial or qualified doesn't prove anything. That's it.
        He's labelled things like "transphobic" by the loony left because he questions if male athletes who pretend they're women should compete with females. That's a legit debate. He certainly handles it better than I would.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          He's labelled things like "transphobic" by the loony left because he questions if male athletes who pretend they're women should compete with females. That's a legit debate. He certainly handles it better than I would.
          So we're going to ignore his use of the n word or the f word (the homosexual one)? Or comparing going into a black neighborhood to "planet of the apes"?

Comment

Oh please, You can tell even by those out of context clips he was discussing people using the word, he wasn't calling anyone that.

Comment

So we're going to ignore his use of the n word or the f word (the homosexual one)? Or comparing going into a black neighborhood to "planet of the apes"?
              Like I said, all those things with the exception of the F-word (though I would imagine there's a clip out there somewhere where Biden used it, after all, he's old school), Biden has said. When you consider the context of where they used it, how is it more or less racist?

Comment

Oh please, You can tell even by those out of context clips he was discussing people using the word, he wasn't calling anyone that.
                From the TWeb rules

Moderate language
                References to vulgar sex acts, vulgar expressions for bodily orifices, secretions, or waste, highly inflamatory characterizations of a class of people, such as the "n" word (and others, even if that group uses it themselves), and most regional slang fall into this category. Blatant blasphemy will also fall here. Depending on the severity, punishment may range from a warning to escalating infraction points.

Oh.

Comment

It's 100% fake. I'll tell you exactly what it is. DO and the left fear that Trump would unleash on Biden and Biden wouldn't be able hold his own like Hillary or Kamala. And since it would be a balanced no-holds bar platform, Rogan isn't the moderator that would come to Biden's defense like some establishment hack from an MSM network would. That's why they do what the left does best: accusation smokes screen -- "he's raycist, he's sexist, he's homophobe... "

Comment

He interviewed Sanders and Gabbard, and he didn't behave like that. He behaves different ways depending on the guest. Sometimes they're more formal than others, which is probably why he has a large fanbase.
                    I watched the Gabbard interview. It was rather laid back.

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                      I follow the polls and electoral college vote tally very closely, and currently Trump can't win without Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, and Texas. Even if he wins all those states, he would need to pick up another 11 electoral college votes, his best bets being either Pennsylvania or Michigan. At this point, all indications are that Biden should have an easy victory, although four years ago we could have said a similar thing about Hillary.

EDIT: Actually, 12 electoral college votes. 11 would result in a tie.
                      I don't have much faith in the polls. They have been wrong before.

I think the presidential debates will be very interesting. I plan to record them.

Joe Biden seems to need teleprompters. Let's see how he does without them.

No one was more surprised that I to find Donald Trump the winner over Hilliary Clinton. Although it would have been cool to have a woman as president, she was the wrong woman.

President Trump has accomplished a lot.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-adm...complishments/

Bringing peace to the Middle East is huge.

Comment

... That's why they do what the left does best: accusation smokes screen -- "he's raycist, he's sexist, he's homophobe... "
                        They would fit in well in Salem, accusing women of witchcraft on the flimsiest of "evidence". They're the modern day witch hunters after all.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

From the TWeb rules

Moderate language
                          References to vulgar sex acts, vulgar expressions for bodily orifices, secretions, or waste, highly inflamatory characterizations of a class of people, such as the "n" word (and others, even if that group uses it themselves), and most regional slang fall into this category. Blatant blasphemy will also fall here. Depending on the severity, punishment may range from a warning to escalating infraction points.

Oh.
                          What does that have to do with that video of Rogan?

Comment

I chose her name intentionally because I knew it would drive you guys into a frenzy. Now you understand why it's absurd to claim that Biden declining to have Rogan moderate is indicative of anything meaningful.
                            The only thing I take issue with is you referring to Rachael Maddow as a serious journalist. She's not.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              The only thing I take issue with is you referring to Rachael Maddow as a serious journalist. She's not.
                              No, I'm pointing out that it's ridiculous to claim that the sole reason someone might decline a non-standard debate solely hosted by someone one side views as unqualified could only be explained by dementia or fear. It might just be because that's not the appropriate venue for a presidential debate in an election I'm sure you'd agree is uniquely consequential.

Comment

No, I'm pointing out that it's ridiculous to claim that the sole reason someone might decline a non-standard debate solely hosted by someone one side views as unqualified could only be explained by dementia or fear. It might just be because that's not the appropriate venue for a presidential debate in an election I'm sure you'd agree is uniquely consequential.
                                "Unqualified" = not carrying Biden's water.
                                Last edited by seanD; 09-16-2020, 12:53 PM.

Comment