Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dirty Cop Mueller's team "accidentally" erases smart phones requested by IG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
    Well, it's certainly no more suspicious than all the encrypted and/or deleted communications of the Trump campaign.
    Deflection noted.

I expect it's not usually a problem, unless you're involved in a fishing expedition and want all the information on lots of phones.

And it's only a matter of time before you hear people saying "it happened to me too."
    It wouldn't surprise me if the next round of cover-up was "oh, yeah, wait... it happened to ME, too!" Anybody who accidentally wipes their phone should be serving in high government office.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      No, I mean information that would make government workers accountable for wrongdoing if that info needs to be accessed. Competent government workers that can remember passwords to that info might be an important job qualification.
      Perhaps they should ask on the job application "can you operate a cell phone, or have a 7 year old child or grandchild who can?"
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This reminds me of a cell phone version of the "blue flu".

You know, when the cops are upset about something, and a large number of them suddenly come down with a bug and have to call in.

Police get sick all the time, so a particular cop getting sick isn't all that fishy. When 25% of the force comes suddenly gets sick, during contract negotiations, or BLM protests...suddenly you begin to wonder if those cops are REALLY sick...

Comment

It just amazes me how quickly the liberals unwittingly run to the "well, they're STUPID"!

In order to believe this many cell phones were disabled in the same manner in the same time frame, you would basically have to claim these people are really really stupid.
          Same thing with the "it's not BLM people - it's other people infiltrating them that are doing the violence". There again, you must believe that the BLM people are really really stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            It just amazes me how quickly the liberals unwittingly run to the "well, they're STUPID"!

In order to believe this many cell phones were disabled in the same manner in the same time frame, you would basically have to claim these people are really really stupid.
            Same thing with the "it's not BLM people - it's other people infiltrating them that are doing the violence". There again, you must believe that the BLM people are really really stupid.

Right, about BLM. I noted that BLM would be foolish to keep leading peaceful protests when some other group turns it violent. (This is not an absolute rule if it can be shown who is doing the violence.) The BLM would logically recognize the violence is not good for their image (if we presume that BLM wants to maintain a peace-loving image).

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              What are they trying to hide?
              Apparently not this part:

Mueller deputy Andrew Weissman, who is now fundraising for Joe Biden ...

I didn't realize that Mueller investigators were so brazenly partisan. And the guy now works for MSNBC?

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                Right, about BLM. I noted that BLM would be foolish to keep leading peaceful protests when some other group turns it violent.
                Absolutely -- they seem to make no attempt whatsoever to establish themselves as peaceful, which would necessitate the distancing themselves from the violence.

(This is not an absolute rule if it can be shown who is doing the violence.) The BLM would logically recognize the violence is not good for their image (if we presume that BLM wants to maintain a peace-loving image).
                I don't think they give a flying flip cause they have so many ignorant white people kissing their Marxist butts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                  Apparently not this part:

Mueller deputy Andrew Weissman, who is now fundraising for Joe Biden ...

I didn't realize that Mueller investigators were so brazenly partisan. And the guy now works for MSNBC?
                  If there's one thing that's been made clear to me this past four years is that this is bigger than a partisan thing. The establishment (i.e. intelligence, pentagon, major news networks that carry their water) clearly doesn't like Trump. If that's the definition of a governmental "deep state," if such a thing exists, then so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    If this doesn't smell like a cover-up, then I don't know what does:

Recently released documents show that at least 15 phones used by Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team of investigators were 'accidentally' wiped clean after the devices were requested by the U.S. Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General.

The Federalist's Sean Davis reports that Mueller deputy Andrew Weissman, who is now fundraising for Joe Biden, and various other investigators -- like James Quarles, a longtime Democratic donor, and Kyle Freeny, also a longtime Democrat donor -- all claim their phones were accidentally wiped clean.

"Phone was accidentally wiped prior to records review," read the entry for Kyle Freeney.

Twelve other names, all redacted, also claimed their phones were 'accidentally' wiped clean.

The new documents show a key tactic used by the Mueller team was to place the phones on airplane mode, lock them, and then claim not to remember the password.

"Phone was wiped prior to review because phone was in airplane mode and the passcode was not provided -- therefore the phone had to be restored to factory settings without review," read an entry for a phone assigned to a redacted individual.

"Phone was in airplane mode, no passcode provided, data unable to be recovered, so had to be wiped," reads another entry.

As Davis asks, "What are the actual probabilities of more than a dozen top Mueller officials all 'accidentally' nuking their phones or accidentally putting them in airplane mode, locking them, and 'forgetting' their passwords so the [inspector general] couldn't access and examine them?"

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...lly-w-n2575998

This naturally begs the question: What are they trying to hide? Seems like at the very least every single agent who "accidentally" wiped his phone should be charged with destroying evidence and obstruction of justice, but they probably won't be thanks to our two tier justice system that runs innocent men like General Flynn through the ringer while letting the guilty go free.
                    Do the phones belong to the users? Do they have private personal info on those phones? Is it illegal to wipe clean any and all info that might be on their phones? No? Case closed?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Do the phones belong to the users? Do they have private personal info on those phones? Is it illegal to wipe clean any and all info that might be on their phones? No? Case closed?
                      Pre-emptive document destruction is illegal if the intent is to obstruct an investigation.

Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
                      Whoever knowingly alters, destroys, mutilates, conceals, covers up,
                      falsifies, or makes a false entry in any record, document, or tangible
                      object with the intent to impede, obstruct, or influence the investigation
                      or proper administration of any matter within the jurisdiction of any
                      department or agency of the United States or any case
                      filed under title 11, or in relation to or contemplation of any such
                      matter or case, shall be fined under this tide, imprisoned not more
                      than 20 years, or both.

Comment

Do the phones belong to the users?
                        They would be phones issue by their agency, and remain the property of their agency.

Do they have private personal info on those phones?
                        They shouldn't, but it doesn't matter.

Is it illegal to wipe clean any and all info that might be on their phones?
                        Yes.

No?
                        No.

Case closed?
                        No.

Comment

They might have been subject to disciplinary action if they had intentionally wiped the phones after they were requested by the IG. But even then, someone would have to prove that they intentionally wiped them.

Comment

Wait a minute... why is an inspector general doing an investigation and not being fired?

Comment

IF this is true, it may be a case of the good guys not wanting to tell the bad guys how the good guys knew what the bad guys were up to - possibly an example of Batman like goodcrime.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                                They might have been subject to disciplinary action if they had intentionally wiped the phones after they were requested by the IG. But even then, someone would have to prove that they intentionally wiped them.
                                That's the sticking point, of course. It is literally unbelievable that this wasn't a coordinated criminal conspiracy to deliberately destroy evidence, but how do you prove it? It's not impossible to prove, of course, it would just take a lot of police work. The question is whether or not Attorney General Barr and the Department of Justice has the will to do it. Barr, I think, is a man of divided loyalties. He wants to do the right thing, but he also wants to protect the "institution" and so is just lax enough in his duty to ensure that nobody of any real importance is caught in the net.
                                Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-12-2020, 07:41 AM.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment