Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dirty Cop Mueller's team "accidentally" erases smart phones requested by IG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Cop Mueller's team "accidentally" erases smart phones requested by IG

If this doesn't smell like a cover-up, then I don't know what does:

Recently released documents show that at least 15 phones used by Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team of investigators were 'accidentally' wiped clean after the devices were requested by the U.S. Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General.

The Federalist's Sean Davis reports that Mueller deputy Andrew Weissman, who is now fundraising for Joe Biden, and various other investigators -- like James Quarles, a longtime Democratic donor, and Kyle Freeny, also a longtime Democrat donor -- all claim their phones were accidentally wiped clean.

"Phone was accidentally wiped prior to records review," read the entry for Kyle Freeney.

Twelve other names, all redacted, also claimed their phones were 'accidentally' wiped clean.

The new documents show a key tactic used by the Mueller team was to place the phones on airplane mode, lock them, and then claim not to remember the password.

"Phone was wiped prior to review because phone was in airplane mode and the passcode was not provided -- therefore the phone had to be restored to factory settings without review," read an entry for a phone assigned to a redacted individual.

"Phone was in airplane mode, no passcode provided, data unable to be recovered, so had to be wiped," reads another entry.

As Davis asks, "What are the actual probabilities of more than a dozen top Mueller officials all 'accidentally' nuking their phones or accidentally putting them in airplane mode, locking them, and 'forgetting' their passwords so the [inspector general] couldn't access and examine them?"

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...lly-w-n2575998

This naturally begs the question: What are they trying to hide? Seems like at the very least every single agent who "accidentally" wiped his phone should be charged with destroying evidence and obstruction of justice, but they probably won't be thanks to our two tier justice system that runs innocent men like General Flynn through the ringer while letting the guilty go free.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Yeah that's not a coincidence. They should be charged with obstruction.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Recently released documents show that at least 15 phones used by Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team of investigators were 'accidentally' wiped clean after the devices were requested by the U.S. Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The Federalist's Sean Davis reports that Mueller deputy Andrew Weissman, who is now fundraising for Joe Biden, and various other investigators -- like James Quarles, a longtime Democratic donor, and Kyle Freeny, also a longtime Democrat donor -- all claim their phones were accidentally wiped clean.

"Phone was accidentally wiped prior to records review," read the entry for Kyle Freeney.

Twelve other names, all redacted, also claimed their phones were 'accidentally' wiped clean.

The new documents show a key tactic used by the Mueller team was to place the phones on airplane mode, lock them, and then claim not to remember the password.

"Phone was wiped prior to review because phone was in airplane mode and the passcode was not provided -- therefore the phone had to be restored to factory settings without review," read an entry for a phone assigned to a redacted individual.

"Phone was in airplane mode, no passcode provided, data unable to be recovered, so had to be wiped," reads another entry.

As Davis asks, "What are the actual probabilities of more than a dozen top Mueller officials all 'accidentally' nuking their phones or accidentally putting them in airplane mode, locking them, and 'forgetting' their passwords so the [inspector general] couldn't access and examine them?"

This naturally begs the question: What are they trying to hide? Seems like at the very least every single agent who "accidentally" wiped his phone should be charged with destroying evidence and obstruction of justice, but they probably won't be thanks to our two tier justice system that runs innocent men like General Flynn through the ringer while letting the guilty go free.
        But it will be ignored by MSM. And if brought up, the left will complain about the sources that do report it because they'll be only conservative sources, and will dismiss it as a rightwing conspiracy theory. That's what's so scary.

Comment

Sure, it sounds suspicious. But it appears to be pretty common for people to accidentally wipe their iphones by entering the wrong password too many times. It might be more common if it's a government issued phone (IOW, you might not be used to iphones, and might not have anything on the phone that you feel you need to go to great lengths to save) and you are required to change your password regularly. (Not sure about the requirement to change password, but I had that problem when I worked for a government contractor.)

If you want to charge people with a crime for accidentally wiping their phones, you might want to make it illegal first. And if you want to charge them with obstruction, we know there's a lot more you have to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
            Sure, it sounds suspicious. But it appears to be pretty common for people to accidentally wipe their iphones by entering the wrong password too many times. It might be more common if it's a government issued phone (IOW, you might not be used to iphones, and might not have anything on the phone that you feel you need to go to great lengths to save) and you are required to change your password regularly. (Not sure about the requirement to change password, but I had that problem when I worked for a government contractor.)

If you want to charge people with a crime for accidentally wiping their phones, you might want to make it illegal first. And if you want to charge them with obstruction, we know there's a lot more you have to prove.
            As the reporter astutely asks, "What are the actual probabilities of more than a dozen top Mueller officials all 'accidentally' nuking their phones or accidentally putting them in airplane mode, locking them, and 'forgetting' their passwords so the [inspector general] couldn't access and examine them?"

I would say it's the same probability that every one of the 30,000 emails Hillary deleted were really about yoga classes and Chelsea's wedding plans.

Comment

As the reporter astutely asks, "What are the actual probabilities of more than a dozen top Mueller officials all 'accidentally' nuking their phones or accidentally putting them in airplane mode, locking them, and 'forgetting' their passwords so the [inspector general] couldn't access and examine them?"

I would say it's the same probability that every one of the 30,000 emails Hillary deleted were really about yoga classes and Chelsea's wedding plans.
              I wonder how you would go about calculating that probability, without knowing how many officials did not wipe their phones, or how often government officials not on the Mueller team accidentally wipe their phones.

Comment

I wonder how you would go about calculating that probability, without knowing how many officials did not wipe their phones, or how often government officials not on the Mueller team accidentally wipe their phones.
                This line of reasoning is colloquially known as the "okie doke", where you know you're being lied to, but you go along with it anyway because it suits your interests.

Comment

This line of reasoning is colloquially known as the "okie doke", where you know you're being lied to, but you go along with it anyway because it suits your interests.
                  If these were the days of Watergate, it would be open and shut obstruction.

Comment

Sure, it sounds suspicious. But it appears to be pretty common for people to accidentally wipe their iphones by entering the wrong password too many times.
                    And somebody like that should be trusted with NATIONAL SECURITY?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If that were an actual common problem,
                      A) why are we hearing about it just now?
                      2) why wouldn't somebody have worked to remedy it?

It simply doesn't pass the smell test unless you plug your nose and close your eyes.

Comment

I don't know who fits that description.

Comment

Putting in airplane mode/locking would be standard procedure for shelving a phone/limiting it to authorized access only/keeping it off the airwaves and internet. Enough time passes without activity, password will be forgotten. Once that happens it is almost impossible to crack it and get in - been there, done that.

Does it sound fishy - yes. Is it necessarily fishy - no. Innocent till proven guilty - remember?
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-11-2020, 12:12 PM.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            If that were an actual common problem,
                            A) why are we hearing about it just now?
                            I would hazard a guess that only now did the information get into the hands of someone willing to spin it into something nefarious.

2) why wouldn't somebody have worked to remedy it?
                            Ask Trump's Justice Department.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              And somebody like that should be trusted with NATIONAL SECURITY?
                              I'm not sure if national security would be served by not allowing anyone who has ever forgotten a password to work for the DOJ or FBI.

Comment