Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dirty Cop Mueller's team "accidentally" erases smart phones requested by IG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
    IF this is true, it may be a case of the good guys not wanting to tell the bad guys how the good guys knew what the bad guys were up to - possibly an example of Batman like goodcrime.
    At least you're willing to admit that this was probably a crime. That's a step in the right direction.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      That's the sticking point, of course. It is literally unbelievable that this wasn't a coordinated criminal conspiracy to deliberately destroy evidence, but how do you prove it? It's not impossible to prove, of course, it would just take a lot of police work. The question is whether or not Attorney General Barr and the Department of Justice has the will to do it. Barr, I think, is a man of divided loyalties. He wants to do the right thing, but he also wants to protect the "institution" and so is just lax enough in his duty to ensure that nobody of any real importance is caught in the net.
      That's an interesting use of "literally unbelievable." From context, it seems to mean something akin to "I can't believe it."

The phones being accidentally wiped isn't even a good enough reason to start an investigation. You'd need some actual evidence of a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
        Wait a minute... why is an inspector general doing an investigation and not being fired?
        Inspectors General can do investigations, as long as they are sufficiently loyal to Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
          This reminds me of a cell phone version of the "blue flu".

You know, when the cops are upset about something, and a large number of them suddenly come down with a bug and have to call in.

Police get sick all the time, so a particular cop getting sick isn't all that fishy. When 25% of the force comes suddenly gets sick, during contract negotiations, or BLM protests...suddenly you begin to wonder if those cops are REALLY sick...
          Yes, it would be a lot more suspicious if all of the phones had been wiped at about the same time, instead of spread out over about a year and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
            That's an interesting use of "literally unbelievable." From context, it seems to mean something akin to "I can't believe it."

The phones being accidentally wiped isn't even a good enough reason to start an investigation. You'd need some actual evidence of a crime.
            No, it's literally unbelievable, as in it is impossible for a rational to believe that this set of circumstances could have come about purely by chance and not as part of a coordinated criminal conspiracy.

Judicial Watch has more information. It was actually over 2-dozen phones that were repeatedly "accidentally" wiped. There is certainly enough here to warrant a closer look, but like I said, I'm not sure AG Barr has the will to do it.

Comment

At least you're willing to admit that this was probably a crime. That's a step in the right direction.
              Someone has to protect the USA against the nutters, until they get a chance to ‘clean the stables’.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                Someone has to protect the USA against the nutters, until they get a chance to ‘clean the stables’.
                Trump is doing the best he can, but the nutters are putting up a hell of a fight.

Comment

Trump is doing the best he can, but the nutters are putting up a hell of a fight.
                  That's something I myself actually need to consider and put in perspective when I find myself critical of Trump. No president has faced the opposition this dude has faced.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      That's something I myself actually need to consider and put in perspective when I find myself critical of Trump. No president has faced the opposition this dude has faced.
                      And for good reason, unfortunately his own cowardly unprincipled party and supporters give the corrupt wannabe dictator a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                        And for good reason, unfortunately his own cowardly unprincipled party and supporters give the corrupt wannabe dictator a pass.
                        I agree, they went too easy on Obama, and Trump has been trying to clean up the mess.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Nah, it's the establishment (intelligence, Pentagon, corrupt millionaire career politicians -- Biden, Clinton, Pelosi, Schumer, neocons, et al) that are his primary antagonizers. See, unlike you, I'm consistent in my political beliefs, and I've never trusted or held that establishment in high esteem even before Trump was elected. When you have a corrupt establishment such as that as your relentless opposition, then that's a sign to me you're doing something right.

Comment

No, it's literally unbelievable, as in it is impossible for a rational to believe that this set of circumstances could have come about purely by chance and not as part of a coordinated criminal conspiracy.
                            That's nonsense.

Judicial Watch has more information. It was actually over 2-dozen phones that were repeatedly "accidentally" wiped. There is certainly enough here to warrant a closer look, but like I said, I'm not sure AG Barr has the will to do it.
                            I wonder where they came up with "repeatedly".

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                              That's nonsense.

I wonder where they came up with "repeatedly".
                              Repeatedly as in 2 dozens phones.

Comment

The Putin/Trump Christo-fascists have brought the country to the brink of political violence. It is remarkable that it was so easily broken.
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment