Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Dirty Cop Mueller's team "accidentally" erases smart phones requested by IG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
    I'm not sure if national security would be served by not allowing anyone who has ever forgotten a password to work for the DOJ or FBI.
    How about someone using a phone that specifically has sensitive and important government info?

Comment

More insight:

Mueller’s lead investigator Andrew Weissmann accidentally wiped two phones himself; through a lengthy process of entering the wrong passcode several times over a period of three hours; removing data to show his activity during the special counsel. Weissmann claimed to have entered the wrong password (takes ten attempts) and that erased all the data. Greg Andre, a former deputy assistant attorney general in the Justice Department’s criminal division, made the same claim.

Wiping your phone to hide damaging information only works if the other phone you are communicating with wipes the same data. Guess what happened? Yup, exactly that.

James Quarles III who worked with Mueller in private practice at the Washington office of Wilmer-Hale, claimed his iPhone magically erased itself.

Before joining the special counsel team Rush Atkinson worked under Andrew Weissmann in the DOJ’s criminal fraud section where he specialized in financial fraud. Atkinson claims he too entered the wrong password ten times and accidentally erased all the data.

At least twelve other people assigned to the special counsel investigation had similar “phone wiped/erased” issues which blocked the inspector general from his review.

One “accidental” method used repeatedly was to place the iPhone in airplane mode and then lock it without providing the password. Retrieval attempts then erased all data, and returned to factory settings after unsuccessful passcode entries.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...uested-review/

Wiping an iPhone is not exactly easy or quick. It works like this: after incorrectly entering the pass code 5 times in a row, the phone is disabled for one minute; the 6th attempt disables the phone for 5 minutes; the 7th and 8th attempts each disable it for 15-minutes; the 9th and 10th attempts each disable it for one-hour. After the 11th attempt, the phone automatically factory resets. This is a process that takes some effort.

Only a moron would believe that over a dozen people from Dirty Cop Mueller's crew all independently and inadvertently undertook the exact same specific and lengthy procedure that would result in their phones being "accidentally" factory reset at the same time those devices were being requested by the IG.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I don't know who fits that description.
        I'll give you a hint: It's the guy you see every time you look in a mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          If this doesn't smell like a cover-up, then I don't know what does:

Recently released documents show that at least 15 phones used by Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team of investigators were 'accidentally' wiped clean after the devices were requested by the U.S. Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General.

The Federalist's Sean Davis reports that Mueller deputy Andrew Weissman, who is now fundraising for Joe Biden, and various other investigators -- like James Quarles, a longtime Democratic donor, and Kyle Freeny, also a longtime Democrat donor -- all claim their phones were accidentally wiped clean.

"Phone was accidentally wiped prior to records review," read the entry for Kyle Freeney.

Twelve other names, all redacted, also claimed their phones were 'accidentally' wiped clean.

The new documents show a key tactic used by the Mueller team was to place the phones on airplane mode, lock them, and then claim not to remember the password.

"Phone was wiped prior to review because phone was in airplane mode and the passcode was not provided -- therefore the phone had to be restored to factory settings without review," read an entry for a phone assigned to a redacted individual.

"Phone was in airplane mode, no passcode provided, data unable to be recovered, so had to be wiped," reads another entry.

As Davis asks, "What are the actual probabilities of more than a dozen top Mueller officials all 'accidentally' nuking their phones or accidentally putting them in airplane mode, locking them, and 'forgetting' their passwords so the [inspector general] couldn't access and examine them?"

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronso...lly-w-n2575998

This naturally begs the question: What are they trying to hide? Seems like at the very least every single agent who "accidentally" wiped his phone should be charged with destroying evidence and obstruction of justice, but they probably won't be thanks to our two tier justice system that runs innocent men like General Flynn through the ringer while letting the guilty go free.
          Lol why am I not surprised?

Comment

I would hazard a guess that only now did the information get into the hands of someone willing to spin it into something nefarious.
            Yes, that HAS to be it --- nothing suspicious here at all, it's them thar Trumpsters up to no good.

Ask Trump's Justice Department.
            I don't have to - if it had been a systemic problem, we would have heard about it, or there would be BUNCHES of anti-Trumpsters claiming "it happened to ME, TOO!"
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

More insight:

Mueller’s lead investigator Andrew Weissmann accidentally wiped two phones himself; through a lengthy process of entering the wrong passcode several times over a period of three hours; removing data to show his activity during the special counsel. Weissmann claimed to have entered the wrong password (takes ten attempts) and that erased all the data. Greg Andre, a former deputy assistant attorney general in the Justice Department’s criminal division, made the same claim.

Wiping your phone to hide damaging information only works if the other phone you are communicating with wipes the same data. Guess what happened? Yup, exactly that.

James Quarles III who worked with Mueller in private practice at the Washington office of Wilmer-Hale, claimed his iPhone magically erased itself.

Before joining the special counsel team Rush Atkinson worked under Andrew Weissmann in the DOJ’s criminal fraud section where he specialized in financial fraud. Atkinson claims he too entered the wrong password ten times and accidentally erased all the data.

At least twelve other people assigned to the special counsel investigation had similar “phone wiped/erased” issues which blocked the inspector general from his review.

One “accidental” method used repeatedly was to place the iPhone in airplane mode and then lock it without providing the password. Retrieval attempts then erased all data, and returned to factory settings after unsuccessful passcode entries.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...uested-review/

Wiping an iPhone is not exactly easy or quick. It works like this: after incorrectly entering the pass code 5 times in a row, the phone is disabled for one minute; the 6th attempt disables the phone for 5 minutes; the 7th and 8th attempts each disable it for 15-minutes; the 9th and 10th attempts each disable it for one-hour. After the 11th attempt, the phone automatically factory resets. This is a process that takes some effort.

Only a moron would believe that over a dozen people from Dirty Cop Mueller's crew all independently and inadvertently undertook the exact same specific and lengthy procedure that would result in their phones being "accidentally" factory reset at the same time those devices were being requested by the IG.
              And anybody with half a brain should know that if you try too many times to enter a wrong password, bad things can happen. These were not stupid people, eh?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As the reporter astutely asks, "What are the actual probabilities of more than a dozen top Mueller officials all 'accidentally' nuking their phones or accidentally putting them in airplane mode, locking them, and 'forgetting' their passwords so the [inspector general] couldn't access and examine them?"

I would say it's the same probability that every one of the 30,000 emails Hillary deleted were really about yoga classes and Chelsea's wedding plans.
                I suppose a similar question could be posed about all the books that have come out about Trump and his administration in the last four years. What are the possibilities that more than at least 14 [at my last count] widely differing individuals are all completely wrong?
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                  How about someone using a phone that specifically has sensitive and important government info?
                  It doesn't really matter if the information is sensitive, if no one can get to it.

And by important, to you mean information that we can't afford to lose? In that case, the government should probably insist that it be backed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Yes, that HAS to be it --- nothing suspicious here at all, it's them thar Trumpsters up to no good.
                    Well, it's certainly no more suspicious than all the encrypted and/or deleted communications of the Trump campaign.

I don't have to - if it had been a systemic problem, we would have heard about it, or there would be BUNCHES of anti-Trumpsters claiming "it happened to ME, TOO!"
                    I expect it's not usually a problem, unless you're involved in a fishing expedition and want all the information on lots of phones.

And it's only a matter of time before you hear people saying "it happened to me too."

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                      I suppose a similar question could be posed about all the books that have come out about Trump and his administration in the last four years. What are the possibilities that more than at least 14 [at my last count] widely differing individuals are all completely wrong?

Comment

Well, it's certainly no more suspicious than all the encrypted and/or deleted communications of the Trump campaign.

I expect it's not usually a problem, unless you're involved in a fishing expedition and want all the information on lots of phones.

And it's only a matter of time before you hear people saying "it happened to me too."
                        They are only concerned about suspicious behavior from people that don't like Trump.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I wonder how you would go about calculating that probability, without knowing how many officials did not wipe their phones, or how often government officials not on the Mueller team accidentally wipe their phones.
                          All 12 of them "accidentally" wiped their phones at the same time when they were asked to turn them in to the Inspector general? Any way you look at this obstruction of justice not remebering their passwords and accidentally wiping it they are to stupid to be in the positions they were.

Have you been breathing in to much smoke from a nearby marijuana farm being burned by one of the many wild fires here in California?

Comment

I'll give you a hint: It's the guy you see every time you look in a mirror.
                            Well, NOW I know I'm being lied to...

Comment

It doesn't really matter if the information is sensitive, if no one can get to it.

And by important, to you mean information that we can't afford to lose? In that case, the government should probably insist that it be backed up.
                              No, I mean information that would make government workers accountable for wrongdoing if that info needs to be accessed. Competent government workers that can remember passwords to that info might be an important job qualification.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                They are only concerned about suspicious behavior from people that don't like Trump.
                                You're saying Mueller and his team that erased the data didn't like Trump?

Comment