Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Mary Trump could give DNA in Trump rape case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Trump could give DNA in Trump rape case

https://www.motherjones.com/politics..._medium=social

There are lots of creative ways of using DNA in legal cases that have been invented in the last few years—I’m thinking about genetic genealogy, the technique used to identify the Golden State Killer through DNA from his distant relatives. Does anything preclude, say, Mary Trump [Trump’s niece who recently wrote a damning book about her uncle] from spitting in a tube and giving it to Roberta Kaplan, Carroll’s lawyer?

She could do it voluntarily. That’s a really interesting theory. I don’t think there’s anything that would preclude her because she has control of her own DNA, even if it might match.

What do you think her DNA would show? If E. Jean Carroll asks for it that means she certainly expects a match.

I'll never get the American obsession with the sex lives of their political leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      I'll never get the American obsession with the sex lives of their political leaders.
      E. Jean Carroll is accusing Trump of forcible rape. This has nothing to do with consensual sex.

Comment

Warning nut job...

Stunned Anderson Cooper Cuts To Commercial When Trump Accuser E. Jean Carroll Calls Rape "Sexy"

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...rape_sexy.html
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

There is an old rather unkind joke about French politicians and sex - namely that in France it is a scandal if a politician is not having an affair!
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
            https://www.motherjones.com/politics..._medium=social

There are lots of creative ways of using DNA in legal cases that have been invented in the last few years—I’m thinking about genetic genealogy, the technique used to identify the Golden State Killer through DNA from his distant relatives. Does anything preclude, say, Mary Trump [Trump’s niece who recently wrote a damning book about her uncle] from spitting in a tube and giving it to Roberta Kaplan, Carroll’s lawyer?

She could do it voluntarily. That’s a really interesting theory. I don’t think there’s anything that would preclude her because she has control of her own DNA, even if it might match.

What do you think her DNA would show? If E. Jean Carroll asks for it that means she certainly expects a match.
            I can't see how such a thing would even be legally admissible. It's like accepting the confession of a third-party as proof that the defendant committed the crime. In the case of the Golden State killer, the police used publicly available DNA databases to narrow their search, but they still needed to collect direct evidence to tie the suspect to the crimes.
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-11-2020, 06:01 AM.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What about rape?
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                What about rape?
                Isn't it kinda late to be starting Bill Clinton threads?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's disturbing (or maybe just a sign of how progressive the fall of man is) how we've graduated from just a sexual affair, that would have been enough to sink a politician in the past, to now outright charges of rape. And now not even that will be enough, as both candidates have been accused of this.

But you'd think after Tara Reade, the left wouldn't continue to go there, but they do. Election 2020, baby! They're pulling out all the stops.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Isn't it kinda late to be starting Bill Clinton threads?
                    Changing the subject? We are presently dealing with Donald Trump. I am not a fan of Bill Clinton either. He indeed turned out to be a shifty character.
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      I can't see how such a thing would even be legally admissible. It's like accepting the confession of a third-party as proof that the defendant committed the crime. In the case of the Golden State killer, the police used publicly available DNA databases to narrow their search, but they still needed to collect direct evidence to tie the suspect to the crimes.
                      It wouldn't legally prove Trump did it, but maybe it and her claim is sufficient evidence for a warrant for his DNA.

OTOH, what it would prove is that the person that raped her was a 'relative' of Donald Trump. Given her accusation is that is WAS Donald Trump, it pretty much proves it was him, regardless of it's legal admissibility.

Maybe it would be sufficient for a lawsuit if not a criminal proceeding?

People like you would have to eat any words spoken or written claiming she was lying ...

Melania would have a reason to divorce ...
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        Changing the subject?
                        Just noting the hypocrisy.

We are presently dealing with Donald Trump. I am not a fan of Bill Clinton either. He indeed turned out to be a shifty character.
                        More and more, it appears that when a man enters politics, the higher he goes, the more corrupt he becomes.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

More and more, it appears that when a man enters politics, the higher he goes, the more corrupt he becomes.
                          On that - we agree!
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

As Emperor Leto put it in Frank Herbert's Dune series: "The problem is not that power corrupts, but that power attracts the corruptible."

There is some wisdom to the belief that if you want to put somebody in charge, then you should pick the guy who least wants to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              OTOH, what it would prove is that the person that raped her was a 'relative' of Donald Trump.
                              Not necessarily, which is precisely why it wouldn't be legally admissible.

Comment