Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WHISLEBLOWER: Trump manipulating intelligance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    MM always defends mob bosses.

Al Capone: NOT GUILTY
    Donald Trump: NOT GUILTY

Pretty much the same all the way around, except since Al Capone was not president, he COULD be indicted.
    Well, as I wrote yesterday, "You may think that, I could not possibly comment"!
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      And Al Capone was found guilty for the crimes for which there was actual evidence. In the case of Donald Trump, the Democrats took their best shot with the impeachment circus, and Trump was found to be not guilty.
      Here is a question, had the Senate been Democrat led, do you think Trump would have been found not guilty?
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        As I said, [some idiotic comment that is not worth a response].
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
          Here is a question, had the Senate been Democrat led, do you think Trump would have been found not guilty?
          Probably not, which, all other things being equal, would have been an obvious miscarriage of justice when the prosecution in its opening argument openly admitted that they didn't actually have sufficient evidence to prove the charges.

Comment

Probably not, which, all other things being equal, would have been an obvious miscarriage of justice when the prosecution in its opening argument openly admitted that they didn't actually have sufficient evidence to prove the charges.
            Wrong again. What the democrats didn't have was enough evidence to force the Republicans, other than Romney, to be honest with the American people and oust the President. That's why they refused to allow witnesses at the Senate trial, an action that was unpresedented. All one need do is to ask themselves why, what were the Republicans afraid of, why didn't they want the American people to hear from some witnesses? You know why, and it was for the same reason you didn't want to hear from them.
            Last edited by JimL; 09-12-2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              What the democrats didn't have was enough evidence...
              Yes, that's what I said: the prosecution in its opening argument openly admitted that they didn't actually have sufficient evidence to prove the charges.

I think at one point during the circus, Shifty Schiff even said something like, "I would love to show you the evidence to prove this, but we don't have it, so I can't."

Comment

Yes, that's what I said: the prosecution in its opening argument openly admitted that they didn't actually have sufficient evidence to prove the charges.

I think at one point during the circus, Shifty Schiff even said something like, "I would love to show you the evidence to prove this, but we don't have it, so I can't."
                Oh, they had enough alright, they just didn't have enough to force the republicans hand. And the reason for that was the Presidents obstruction and the republicans complicity in that and in their refusal to admit the subpoena of witnesses in the Senate trial. You Trumpsters aren't concerned about the truth or the facts, you were more concerned about the truth and the facts getting out. A sad bunch you are.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Oh, they had enough alright, they just didn't have enough to force the republicans hand. And the reason for that was the Presidents obstruction and the republicans complicity in that and in their refusal to admit the subpoena of witnesses in the Senate trial. You Trumpsters aren't concerned about the truth or the facts, you were more concerned about the truth and the facts getting out. A sad bunch you are.
                  The moron Dumbocrats drummed up charges that had ZERO backing and that's it. And you know it's true.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    ...they just didn't have enough to force the republicans hand.
                    You're just repeating what I already said: The prosecution in its opening argument openly admitted that they didn't actually have sufficient evidence to prove the charges. If the supposed "smoking gun" witnesses were so critical to the Democrats' case that they couldn't present a compelling argument without them, then why didn't they secure that evidence before attempting to bring the case to trial?

Perhaps a more intellectually honest position for you to take would be to say that while you still believe the President is guilty of crimes sufficient to remove him from office, the Democrats royally screwed up their attempts to prove it.
                    Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-14-2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      The moron Dumbocrats drummed up charges that had ZERO backing and that's it. And you know it's true.
                      In fact that's not remotely true. If the Republicans had suddenly grown a pair, they'd have voted to impeach as well. But we all know that Trump could murder someone on national TV and Republicans would give him a pass.
                      Last edited by Electric Skeptic; 09-14-2020, 10:17 AM.
                      America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                        In fact that's not remotely true.
                        In fact it's completely true. Nothing the leftist hacks accused him of even remotely rose to a level of "high crimes and misdemeanors". It was a 3 year witch hunt. They threw every piece of poop against the wall in hopes that something would stick. When it was clear they had nothing, they invented charges.

If the Republicans had suddenly grown a pair, they'd have voted to impeach as well.
                        A pair of lying faces like 2 faced Pelosi and Shifty Schiff would be the only thing they would have to grow in order to ride that farce.

But we all know that Trump could murder someone on national TV and Republicans would give him a pass.
                        Absolutely false. Murder is a high crime.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

In fact it's completely true. Nothing the leftist hacks accused him of even remotely rose to a level of "high crimes and misdemeanors". It was a 3 year witch hunt. They threw every piece of poop against the wall in hopes that something would stick. When it was clear they had nothing, they invented charges.
                          Complete nonsense.

A pair of lying faces like 2 faced Pelosi and Shifty Schiff would be the only thing they would have to grow in order to ride that farce.
                          Nope. A desire to serve the country would have done it. So would a pair.

Absolutely false. Murder is a high crime.
                          Republicans would still find a way to give him a pass. If Obama had done half of what Trump has, Republicans would have crucified him.

Comment

You're just repeating what I already said: The prosecution in its opening argument openly admitted that they didn't actually have sufficient evidence to prove the charges. If the supposed "smoking gun" witnesses were so critical to the Democrats' case that they couldn't present a compelling argument without them, then why didn't they secure that evidence before attempting to bring the case to trial?

Perhaps a more intellectually honest position for you to take would be to say that while you still believe the President is guilty of crimes sufficient to remove him from office, the Democrats royally screwed up their attempts to prove it.
                            Like you, the congressional republicans didn't want all the facts to come out, or witnesses to be heard, and along with Trump did all they could to make sure they didn't. But there was plenty enough evidence as it was, the problem was that you had a majority republican Senate only one of which who felt no pressure from Trump to defend his corruption. As far as republicans were concerned it was a political fight, not a legal one and they were unwilling to put country ahead of their own selfish political interests.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                              Complete nonsense.
                              Facts don't care about your feelings. The charges were prime grade bologna. Oscar Mayer is still trying to recreate THAT recipe...

Nope. A desire to serve the country would have done it. So would a pair.
                              Voting to not remove him IS serving their country. It put a temporary halt to an EXTREMELY dangerous precedent - to impeach any President you disagree politically with.

Republicans would still find a way to give him a pass. If Obama had done half of what Trump has, Republicans would have crucified him.
                              TrumpOCD on full display
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Facts don't care about your feelings. The charges were prime grade bologna. Oscar Mayer is still trying to recreate THAT recipe...
                                Facts don't care about your feelings. The charges were accurate and any official trying to serve the country rather than his party would have voted to impeach Trump.

Voting to not remove him IS serving their country. It put a temporary halt to an EXTREMELY dangerous precedent - to impeach any President you disagree politically with.
                                Voting to not remove him is serving their party.

There was no such precedent or attempt at it. Trump was impeached for his actions, not is opinions.

TrumpOCD on full display
                                Trump sychophancy on full display.

Comment