Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WHISLEBLOWER: Trump manipulating intelligance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    I am not sure why you find a question premised precisely on what you exactly originally wrote, is so hard to answer directly.
    I have directly and clearly answered your question. I'm sorry if you are not capable of understanding it, but I don't feel inclined to spoon feed you basic concepts of our justice system.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I have directly and clearly answered your question. I'm sorry if you are not capable of understanding it, but I don't feel inclined to spoon feed you basic concepts of our justice system.
      no you haven't. You have simply evaded answering her question by repeating the words "innocent until proven guilty" like a mantra without understanding and without respect for its meaning in the contect of the points she raised.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        but the people you speak of obama pardoning were not his personal friends who acted illegally on his behalf and where the only basis for that pardon was their loyalty in not implicating him.

The dishonesty required to try to equate the two is really quite disturbing.

I will add this: the misuse of the presidential pardon is wrong any time it is misused. And every person posting here that condemned obama or Bill clinton for suspected misuse of that power that is not condemning Trump in his misuse of that pardon power is acting hypocritically wrt that issue.
        Arpaio was not a "friend" of Trump's anymore than Roger Stone or Michael Flynn, people who did not get pardons. And Arpaio's pardon was only in connection with a "contempt of court" charge. It had nothing to do with any constitutional charge, and the judge ended up throwing it out anyway.

You guys are making mountains out of molehills. Obama pardons convicted cocaine smugglers, bank fraudsters, and identity thieves and that's OK - but if Trump pardons a charge of "contempt of court" you people start unraveling.

Comment

I have directly and clearly answered your question.
          No you have not. You wrote that "There is no evidence that Trump has done anything wrong." From that statement we can therefore extrapolate that Al Capone did nothing wrong [apart from evading taxes] because no evidence could be produced other than tax evasion.

I'm sorry if you are not capable of understanding it, but I don't feel inclined to spoon feed you basic concepts of our justice system.
          The feeble attempt to patronise seems to be a common feature employed by those who are unable to defend their initial comments.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            So, I gather that you expected them to admit to the accusations? Do you honestly believe this guy, the head of intel analysis at the DHS, just made this story up?
            Yuh!

It's election season. Rumors are going to fly from both sides. Without evidence, it's just mudslinging.

Comment

No you have not. You wrote that "There is no evidence that Trump has done anything wrong." From that statement we can therefore extrapolate that Al Capone did nothing wrong [apart from evading taxes] because no evidence could be produced other than tax evasion.

The feeble attempt to patronise seems to be a common feature employed by those who are unable to defend their initial comments.
              Gee by that argument you are guilty of murder, bank robbing and any other crime I want to accuse you of, because we have no evidence of you doing anything wrong.

Comment

No you have not.
                Not only directly and clearly but comprehensively. "Innocent until proven guilty" covers literally any legal case you can think of.

Comment

Not only directly and clearly but comprehensively. "Innocent until proven guilty" covers literally any legal case you can think of.
                  One sentence does not constitute a comprehensive reply, at least not beyond grade 4 reading for comprehension exercises.

You wrote that "There is no evidence that Trump has done anything wrong." As you made no mention of any trial process or court proceedings, it follows that your comment "innocent until proven guilty" is irrelevant.

From that statement concerning lack of evidence it could therefore be construed that Capone was innocent of racketeering, murder, bribery, and corruption because there was no evidence to show he had done anything wrong in those areas.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

You wrote that "There is no evidence that Trump has done anything wrong."
                    That is correct.

Comment

That is correct.
                      You failed to include the rest of my quote that contextualises your comment.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                        Arpaio was not a "friend" of Trump's anymore than Roger Stone or Michael Flynn, people who did not get pardons. And Arpaio's pardon was only in connection with a "contempt of court" charge. It had nothing to do with any constitutional charge, and the judge ended up throwing it out anyway.

You guys are making mountains out of molehills. Obama pardons convicted cocaine smugglers, bank fraudsters, and identity thieves and that's OK - but if Trump pardons a charge of "contempt of court" you people start unraveling.
                        No - Stone was not pardoned, but his sentence was commuted. WRT Flynn, Barr et all are working out the equivalent.

Trumps misuse and abuse of the justice system, including his pardon power, exceeds that of anyone before him, but I will not argue that there are not precedents where others also abused the power.

As for Obama's pardons, you'd have to make the case that the pardons were not justified - which is the case I'm making about Trump. Presidential pardons exist for a reason. There are people that can be justifiably pardoned. But wrt Obama's pardons, for example, Trumps pardon of Jon Ponder, a convicted Bank Robber puts him on par with Obama. But his commutation of Stone's sentence based on Stone's clear promise NOT to reveal what he knows about Trump's illegal activities places Trump in a class all his own in terms of the abuse of those sorts of powers.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Unfortunately, MM is not the only one here that will remove the context that undermines his point.

Comment

There is no evidence that Trump has done anything wrong.

The US justice system operates on a principle of innocent until proven guilty.

If you're having trouble connecting the dots then you may want to ask a parent or older sibling to help you.

Comment

There is no evidence that Trump has done anything wrong.

The US justice system operates on a principle of innocent until proven guilty.

If you're having trouble connecting the dots then you may want to ask a parent or older sibling to help you.
                              If you had the governing body and the Atty Gen. of the US as your defense attorney you'd never be found guilty of anything either.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                If you had the governing body and the Atty Gen. of the US as your defense attorney you'd never be found guilty of anything either.
                                Is that why Republicans were never able to pin anything on Obama and Hillary?

Comment