Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

'Not The Same Biden': WH Stenographer Says Biden's 'Mental Acuity' Has Deteriorated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
    The rope a dope strategy. If he does ok they played it well, quite devious.

If it is as it seems, it could get ugly for Joe, and awkward for us. And Trump could easily overplay his hand.

The debates will be better than all super pooper bowls combined. I fully expect Joe to want to take it out back. Such a tough guy.
    C'mon man, I mean, soap and dope, the the thing - you know, the thing, or you aint' black.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        I found this one on wikipedia.

We cannot let this, we've never allowed any crisis from the Civil War straight through to the pandemic of 17, all the way around, 16, we have never, never let our democracy sakes second fiddle, way they, we can both have a democracy and elections and, at the same time, correct the public health.
        This Week with George Stephanopoulos, ABC, 2020-04-05
        From CNN:

"You know, there's a, uh, during World War 2, uh, you know, Roosevelt came up with a thing, uh, that, uh, you know, was totally different than a- than the a it's called he called it the, uh, you know, the World War 2 he had the War- the the War Production Board."

You can watch the face of Anderson Cooper's guest betray visible concern as Biden starts to incoherently ramble.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
          All this speculation feels kinda pointless, as we'll be able to get a reasonably definite answer at the debate itself. Then again, if he performs really poorly, all this stuff about him having some kind of dementia will be a major strike against him, so that is a reason to push it--on the other hand, if he performs reasonably, then it will hurt the Republicans/conservatives more than if they had said nothing about it, because they'll look dumb for pushing the narrative. It's a bit of a gamble.

Biden does make a bunch of gaffes, but I question whether this is dementia. I remember people making fun of him for gaffes back when he was Obama's VP.

Actually, if there is a cognitive problem, it's almost certainly not full-fledged dementia. It would be far, far more likely to be mild cognitive impairment, a still notable but less serious cognition disorder.
          I think if Biden manages to simply show up and not drool on his own shoes then liberals will crow about how he "beat expectations" and will declare him the winner of debate based on that alone. That could be the downside of all of this, that the bar has been set so low for Biden that he just might be able to clear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

He seems to be waiting for whoever is feeding him answers via teleprompter, and he looks like he just woke up.... or is in the process of waking up.
            He says, "Move it up here," which is him telling the prompter operator to move the script up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              From CNN:

"You know, there's a, uh, during World War 2, uh, you know, Roosevelt came up with a thing, uh, that, uh, you know, was totally different than a- than the a it's called he called it the, uh, you know, the World War 2 he had the War- the the War Production Board."
              That's good. He did another "thing" at a campaign rally. I don't know the source, but this girl sampled it for a song.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Did we post the most recent one, where he appears to wait for the teleprompter after being asked a softball question?
                Mentioned but not posted.
                Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                This morning during "lunch" a friend of mine at work showed me a video of Biden doing a recent interview in which he clearly asks that his teleprompter be moved so he could see it better. After which he was asked a pre-screened question and you see him wait several seconds before he begins clearly reading "his" reply as it is being typed out for him on the teleprompter by someone. He has literally deteriorated that much since the fiasco in Iowa (I don't think they ever did get a final total from that Democrat caucus).

And yet, even when being spoon-fed answers to softball questions we still get stuff like this from poor ol Joe.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]48043[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48044[/ATTACH]

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Biden admits that Trump's trade agreement is better than NAFTA which Obama promised to get rid of but never did. During a CNN interview, Jake Tapper asked Biden about it, suggesting it was a big policy win for Trump with Biden saying, "No, it wasn't, because Congress amended it before the President signed it!" You can see Tapper squirming, trying to get a word in to stop Biden from making a fool of himself, and finally Tapper says, "But Trump got it done, and you didn't. That's the point." Biden says, "No, we didn't do it because we had a Republican Congress!" Tapper sat in silence for several seconds with a "You have got to be kidding me" expression on his face before continuing with the interview.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/stat...61372171841538

Biden was otherwise surprisingly coherent. Of course it was a taped interview, and editing can do wonders.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-10-2020, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Biden admits that Trump's trade agreement is better than NAFTA which Obama promised to get rid of but never did. During a CNN interview, Jake Tapper asked Biden about it, suggesting it was a big policy win for Trump with Biden saying, "No, it wasn't, because Congress amended it before the President signed it!" You can see Tapper squirming, trying to get a word in to stop Biden from making a fool of himself, and finally Tapper says, "But Trump got it done, and you didn't. That's the point." Biden says, "No, we didn't do it because we had a Republican Congress!" Tapper sat in silence for several seconds with a "You have got to be kidding me" expression on his face before continuing with the interview.

Finally, someone who didn't toss a softball to Biden. Surprising to see it on CNN.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                      Finally, someone who didn't toss a softball to Biden. Surprising to see it on CNN.
                      Here's the look Tapper gave Biden for a full three-seconds after Biden said they couldn't renegotiate NAFTA because of the Republicans:

tapper.jpg

Either Tapper is thinking about the first two-years of Obama's presidency when he had an unbeatable Democrat majority in Congress, or he's thinking that even a Republican Congress would have happily supported a trade renegotiation that kicked NAFTA to the curb. It reminds me of the look Chief Justice Roberts gave to Liz Warren after she asked a stunningly ignorant question during the impeachment trial:

Roberts_you-are-a-dumbass.jpg
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 09-10-2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

[center][ATTACH=CONFIG]48043[/ATTACH]
                        Eh it’s the new standard for presidents. I always take these reports with a huge grain of salt.

And then there's Trump's head scratching speech about "nuclear".

Source: Trump

Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by Leonhard; 09-11-2020, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          Eh it’s the new standard for presidents. I always take these reports with a huge grain of salt.

And then there's Trump's head scratching speech about "nuclear".

Source: Trump

Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.

© Copyright Original Source

All presidents, like anyone else, had a tendency to fumble their speech on occasion. Obama was a disaster without his teleprompter. The Bush's had their own unique syntax and word pronunciations (i.e., Saddam, nuclear...). But Biden is on an entirely different level which is why his handlers quickly rush him off allowing no questions after he delivers his memorized long rehearsed couple of sentences. Worse, the example provided was Biden reading from a teleprompter.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Biden was otherwise surprisingly coherent. Of course it was a taped interview, and editing can do wonders.
                            Biden must have forgot how the Democrats had complete and absolute control of Congress -- including a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate -- for nearly two years back when Obama was sneering at Republicans saying that he doesn't need nor want their input.

Comment

Biden's press security refuses to give a straight yes or no when asked if Biden uses a teleprompter for taped interviews. Instead he goes on an extended rant about how it's just a Trump campaign talking point. But he never takes the golden opportunity to refute it.

https://twitter.com/CalebJHull/statu...al-tr-n2576003

Comment

Biden must have forgot how the Democrats had complete and absolute control of Congress -- including a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate -- for nearly two years back when Obama was sneering at Republicans saying that he doesn't need nor want their input.
                                Aside from the fact that congressional approval isn't necessary to negotiate a contract. Biden seemed to indicate the reason NAFTA wasn't renegotiated was because of Congress.

Comment