Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

American Christianity’s White-Supremacy Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    The problem is pandemic
    Covid on the brain?
    and continues to today more than just 19th century slavery. In fact penal servitude slavery continued up into the twentieth century. Hitler very much admired the destruction and burning of black neighborhoods in the 20th century. Anglo Saxon tribal White Supremacy and Nationalism is alive and well today.
    SO let's hear all the various apologies I noted.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I hereby denounce white supremacy without hesitancy and equivocation.

Next?
      No, that just means you are denying your subconscious racism. Didn't you read "White Fragility?"
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        No, that just means you are denying your subconscious racism. Didn't you read "White Fragility?"
        I did not read "White Fragility", nor is it on my bucket list.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yes, but it is meaningless and does not address the issue of 'White Supremacy and White Nationalism.'
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
            Covid on the brain?
            No, avoidance of reality on your part.

SO let's hear all the various apologies I noted.[/QUOTE]

Apologetics does not cut through the reality of 'White Supremacy and White Nationalism,' based on the facts history dominance of Anglo Saxon tribal Supremacy that remains today.
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

I did not read "White Fragility", nor is it on my bucket list.
              Denial, denial....Off to re-education camp!
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                Have you apologized for the Nazis? That happened a hell of a lot closer to current day than slavery in the US.
                So she is German? That explains a lot - projecting her own racist past on us.
                Last edited by seer; 09-07-2020, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                  That American Christianity is so deeply linked with white supremacy will no doubt affront many but the evidence has been presented and while many white Christians will publicly apologise for the history of slavery, condemn segregation, and reject the views and admissions of openly white supremacists, it is alarming that among many white Christians those underlying racist/supremacist tendencies still exist.

{...}

Certainly Jones’ new book is food for thought for any Christian who is sincerely concerned about the way the moral teachings of Jesus of Nazareth have been corrupted by white supremacy.
                  Appears to be more of the same from you: a biased and less than objective source, which doesn't go into the issue in any balanced way (another string of anecdotes) to draw a conclusion that you personally like.

I wouldn't go to that book for a balanced and biblical Christian understanding of the issue you propose is still a problem. Were some American denominations / self-declared believers in the past racist? Sure. Were some of the main movers in abolishing slavery Christian, and did so because of the Christian beliefs? Sure. Are some 'American Christians' racist? Probably. Are some secularists racist? Definitely. Don't see you banging on about that, though.
                  ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Yup... the opening post is nothing more than an elaborate kafkatrap, essentially asserting that white Christians are inherently guilty for no other reason than the fact that they're white and Christian, and any attempt to deny it will simply be taken as proof of guilt.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Oh gee! An anti-American, anti-Christian post from HA, based on "research" from the New Yorker which she accepts without question.

Who'd have thunk it?

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Apologetics does not cut through the reality of 'White Supremacy and White Nationalism,' based on the facts history dominance of Anglo Saxon tribal Supremacy that remains today.
                        I think you meant "apologies."

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          I think Shuny was doing a Biden.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                            Apologies were a weak attempt at apologetics, and not a meaningful response to address the subject of the thread.

Frank

Comment

I think Shuny was doing a Biden.
                              No, the facts of history of the USA. Trying to change the subject does not address the history of 'White Supremacy.'
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 09-07-2020, 10:05 AM.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Yup... the opening post is nothing more than an elaborate kafkatrap, essentially asserting that white Christians are inherently guilty for no other reason than the fact that they're white and Christian, and any attempt to deny it will simply be taken as proof of guilt.
                                She didn't do that MM. And your continued missuse of kafkatrap as a means to excuse valid arguments is making you look very small in stature,, if you get the 'Princess Bride' reference.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment