Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

American Christianity’s White-Supremacy Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Let's see the quote.
    I am a Nationalist, but that is not race specific. You could be brown, black, yellow or purple and believe that we should put the needs of our citizens first.

Nationalism is an idea and movement that promotes the interests of a particular nation (as in a group of people) especially with the aim of gaining and maintaining the nation's sovereignty (self-governance) over its homeland.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      seer said, "I am not 'White Supremacist. I am a White Nationalist'. I will let seer respond.
      I never said I was a White Nationalist Shuny, stop lying...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

seer said, "I am not 'White Supremacist. I am a White Nationalist'. I will let seer respond.
        You really need to use the quote function, because I don't think anybody here trusts your memory or your representation of what he actually said.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Remember seer claims to be a 'White Nationalist.'
          nope I suspect he said Nationalist you added the White so you could dishonestly assassinate his character Apologize
          Last edited by RumTumTugger; 09-08-2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

You would be best off either providing the actual quote, or admitting you can't. Right now, you're stooping to a new low.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I have never seen him make any such claim. That's a pretty serious charge which you need to either back up, or retract and apologize.
              you forget the Anti Trumpers in teh media always adds White to "Nationalist" to lie about people who love their country.

Comment

It's literally blood libel. That the term itself was introduced later does not make it magically not blood libel,
                No it is not "literally blood libel". You clearly have no idea as to what you are writing about and appear to making it all up as you go along to suit your own purposes.

I suggest you do some serious background reading on this topic to inform yourself. You could start with Dan Cohn-Sherbok's The Crucified Jew.

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                just as transgenders have existed for a long time before the term was invented. Etc.
                An entirely irrelevant red herring that has no bearing whatsoever on this specific topic.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  You would be best off either providing the actual quote, or admitting you can't. Right now, you're stooping to a new low.
                  I remember the discussion I remember something shuny and the anti trumpers on this board dishonestly likened it to White Nationalism so they could lie about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                    But in your example I would have directly benefited from stolen money. That is not my case, or probably yours. So it would be specific to particular a case. You can't generalize. Which you did: We are responsible for the legacy of what was done, the impact of it. No we are not all responsible for a legacy that neither we or our ancestors had any part in.
                    Instead of trying to provide a counter to an argument I'm not making, would it not make more sense to just answer the basic question honestly and then let me move on from there? My intent in asking that question was simply to establish that it is possible to be obligated by what our ancestors have done. Whether you or i are in a situation where such an obligation exists is an issue for further discussion. But to this point you've argued we are never responsible for what our ancestors did. Clearly, that is not always the case.
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-08-2020, 02:33 PM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                      Instead of trying to provide a counter to an argument I'm not making, would it not make more sense to just answer the basic question honestly and then let me move on from there? My intent in asking that question was simply to establish that it is possible to be obligated by what our ancestors have done. Whether you or i are in a situation where such an obligation exists is an issue for further discussion. But to this point you've argued we are never responsible for what our ancestors did. Clearly, that is not always the case.
                      I said already that if I personally benefited fro stolen monies, it probably would be moral to give it back to the original owner. And I never said 'never' - but in the context of this particular discussion, no I am not responsible. You said in that post:We are responsible for the legacy of what was done...That is what I was disagreeing with.

Comment

Where?

Comment

I am a Nationalist, but that is not race specific. You could be brown, black, yellow or purple and believe that we should put the needs of our citizens first.

Nationalism is an idea and movement that promotes the interests of a particular nation (as in a group of people) especially with the aim of gaining and maintaining the nation's sovereignty (self-governance) over its homeland.
                          That's about what I figured would be the case, and wholly unsurprised to see the dishonesty by Shuny.

Comment

That's about what I figured would be the case, and wholly unsurprised to see the dishonesty by Shuny.
                            I'm actually disappointed - I knew Shuny could be a nut, but I didn't see him as dishonest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                              No it is not "literally blood libel".
                              Yes, it is.

You clearly have no idea as to what you are writing about and appear to making it all up as you go along to suit your own purposes.

I suggest you do some serious background reading on this topic to inform yourself. You could start with Dan Cohn-Sherbok's The Crucified Jew.
                              That's nice, but does not change that it is literally blood libel. Not surprised to see you carry water for anti-semites though.
                              An entirely irrelevant red herring that has no bearing whatsoever on this specific topic.
                              That you cannot grasp the analogy indicates your lack of critical thinking abilities.

Comment

I said already that if I personally benefited fro stolen monies, it probably would be moral to give it back to the original owner. And I never said 'never' - but in the context of this particular discussion, no I am not responsible. You said in that post:We are responsible for the legacy of what was done...That is what I was disagreeing with.
                                You said that after I asked the question 4 times, with the 4th time noting your multiple attempts evading the question. You make it sound like you said that before I asked the question or presented the moral example, which simply isnt true.

My original post in this line of discussion was responding to you saying this:

Source: seer

.. And I am not responsible for what others did in the past, just as you are not respobsible for what your ancestors did.

© Copyright Original Source

That is an absolute statement that simply and clearly is not true as an absolute - as you have since my response admitted.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-08-2020, 04:00 PM.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment