Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
    If she were pro-Trump, she'd automatically be suspected by JimL as a foreign spy in a hot second.
    And if she were pro-Trump you lot would claim she was the most gifted writer since Hemingway.
    America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      There was a real-life 1800s character in England (a knighted person, I believe) who also blathered on endlessly. If I can remember his name I'll post it here. He had some whoppers.
      Sir Boyle Roche

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        Sir Boyle Roche
        I'm not sure that he was known for blathering on endlessly and using 20 words to describe what two could do. He was famous for mangling his phrases coming up with such beauts as these:
        • "Why we should put ourselves out of our way to do anything for posterity, for what has posterity ever done for us?"
        • "It would surely be better, Mr. Speaker, to give up not only a part, but, if necessary, even the whole, of our constitution, to preserve the remainder!"

It has been the subject of debate whether or not he did these intentionally or not.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          Why the personal attacks? Oh, I forgot, conservatives in this country have this feeling of intellectual inferiority so are always disparaging those who they percieve to be intellectually superior, the so called elites. It kind of makes you feel better, I guess.
          And what would a dullard like you know about intellectual superiority?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            I'm not sure that he was known for blathering on endlessly and using 20 words to describe what two could do. He was famous for mangling his phrases coming up with such beauts as these:
            • "Why we should put ourselves out of our way to do anything for posterity, for what has posterity ever done for us?"
            • "It would surely be better, Mr. Speaker, to give up not only a part, but, if necessary, even the whole, of our constitution, to preserve the remainder!"

It has been the subject of debate whether or not he did these intentionally or not.
            Yes, you are correct. I misremembered his notoriety. And he was Irish, not English. My old brain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              And what would a dullard like you know about intellectual superiority?
              I'm not a Trump supprter, you are!

Comment

• Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
                I'm a named source who can tell you that I wish Trump had grown into the role I had seen for him when I voted for him. I take no pleasure in reading stories like these.
                You're an anonymous pseudonym.
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                  And if she were pro-Trump you lot would claim she was the most gifted writer since Hemingway.
                  I despise anyone who thinks it necessary to talk over everyone's head and basically brag about their vocabulary. It's pointless on a political discussion, and reeks of nothing more than arrogance.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    I despise anyone who thinks it necessary to talk over everyone's head and basically brag about their vocabulary. It's pointless on a political discussion, and reeks of nothing more than arrogance.
                    ...unless they're a Trump supporter.
                    America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                      ...unless they're a Trump supporter.
                      Even them. It's belittling.
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                        Even them. It's belittling.
                        No, it's just you feeling belittled.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          No, it's just you feeling belittled.
                          And you're an asshat.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                            Sure it does. A frequent use of hers is to derail threads through "clarifying" anti-antisemitism. "Palestinians are Semites too". However, when she is making use of the word anti-semitism, she doesn't care to apply a clarification towards Palestinians. In other words, she doesn't care about "clarity and precision" of definition unless it serves to disrupt or derail opponents.

This specific example is particularly galling as A. Anti-semitism has a clear meaning, one that is specifically anti-jew, and one rarely, if ever, seen referring to palestinians. So it actually serves to disrupt threads, be anti-semetic in and of itself, and try to apply an incorrect definition to a word that's already defined.
                            Edited by a Moderator
                            Last edited by Bill the Cat; 09-22-2020, 08:13 AM. Reason: We don't allow outing someone's RL name
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            The things that you're liable
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life
                            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Edited by a Moderator
                              Last edited by Bill the Cat; 09-22-2020, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Edited by a Moderator
                                Last edited by Bill the Cat; 09-22-2020, 08:14 AM.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                The things that you're liable
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life
                                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment