Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    I will unabashedly be voting for Trump. Although the man is seriously flawed, he is all that is standing between the Constitution and Leftist forces that wish to burn it.
    You have things absolutely bass ackwards, Ronson.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Feel free to point out where Trump has attacked the Constitution.

Comment

Feel free to point out where Trump has attacked the Constitution.
        Already posted that for you in my other thread: WHISTLEBLOWER

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
          You have quite the history of playing games in threads and derailing them over trivial details such as irrelevant definitions.
          Given that all we have when communicating in situations such as these are the words we write [we cannot see one another, note body language, or hear inflections of voice] it is important to attempt to be as clear and precise in our writing as we can be to avoid misunderstanding and confusion.

Requesting an interlocutor to exactly define what they mean by a word or phrase in the context in which they are employing it ensures clarity and prevents misinterpretation. It also prevents them wandering off down any metaphorical flowery path that attracts them and denies them the opportunity to be evasive or to equivocate.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
            Requesting an interlocutor to exactly define what they mean by a word or phrase in the context in which they are employing it ensures clarity and prevents misinterpretation. It also prevents them wandering off down any metaphorical flowery path that attracts them and denies them the opportunity to be evasive or to equivocate.
            So's your mama

Comment

Given that all we have when communicating in situations such as these are the words we write [we cannot see one another, note body language, or hear inflections of voice] it is important to attempt to be as clear and precise in our writing as we can be to avoid misunderstanding and confusion.

We both know you don't give a darn about definitions when they don't suit you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                We both know you don't give a darn about definitions when they don't suit you.
                That accusation doesn't even make sense.

Comment

I will unabashedly be voting for Trump. Although the man is seriously flawed, he is all that is standing between the Constitution and Leftist forces that wish to burn it.
                  Why do the leftist forces wish to burn the constitution?

How significant do you feel trumps refusal to accept any executive oversight is in relation to the constitution?

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
                    ...except that you can't show a single "proven hoax".
                    [*cough*] Collusion Delusion [*cough*]

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

...to someone who isn't the "brightest bulb in the socket."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                        Why do the leftist forces wish to burn the constitution?
                        I have no idea. If you're on the Left then maybe you can tell me.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ite-it/281090/

How significant do you feel trumps refusal to accept any executive oversight is in relation to the constitution?
                        Do you have something specific in mind?

*(by the way, I almost missed your post for some reason. It did not show up as a response in my threaded mode)

Comment

No he doesn't.

Comment

That particular poster is something of a hit-and-run sniper. He'll just move on to the next thread to make the next baseless claim.
                            And uses different tweb user names to do it if he has to. He's one of only two people since I've been here in 2008 I've ever considered blocking.

Comment

That only works if the definition in question is actually pertinent to the point being made. If a person says "I was out wearing a red shirt on a walk when I saw 6 cops beating up a black person", focusing on extracting the definition of what the person meant by "Shirt" (thick, thin, hoodie, sweatshirt, workout shirt, T-Shirt, sweater, blouse, crop top, etc.) is entirely irrelevant to the rest of "6 cops beating up a black person." No amount of clarity and precision will meaningfully change the of the situation.

I've seen you go down irrelevant definition rabbit holes more than enough times to know that it's just one of many games you play to distract and derail threads.

Comment

Sure it does. A frequent use of hers is to derail threads through "clarifying" anti-antisemitism. "Palestinians are Semites too". However, when she is making use of the word anti-semitism, she doesn't care to apply a clarification towards Palestinians. In other words, she doesn't care about "clarity and precision" of definition unless it serves to disrupt or derail opponents.

This specific example is particularly galling as A. Anti-semitism has a clear meaning, one that is specifically anti-jew, and one rarely, if ever, seen referring to palestinians. So it actually serves to disrupt threads, be anti-semetic in and of itself, and try to apply an incorrect definition to a word that's already defined.

Comment