Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
    Law enforcement.
    KG beat ya to it.

If it wasn't clear I was referring to how quickly your thoughts on my views evolved.
    Actually, it wasn't all that quick, and the jury is still out. But you seem to be confirming...

I have no idea what you believe about evolution actually and it's not really part of this thread.
    Well, yeah, my thoughts exactly. It was, in my opinion, a rather dumb thing to say.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      I think you mean that you Trumpsters only lost respect for McCain when Trump turned on him. Follow the leader!
      A) You're still doing that incredibly juvenile "Trumpsters" thing
      2) I never lost respect for McCain.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        A) You're still doing that incredibly juvenile "Trumpsters" thing
        2) I never lost respect for McCain.
        Well, if you are going to generalize about liberals, then turnabout is fair play, Trumpster.

Comment

Well, if you are going to generalize about liberals, then turnabout is fair play, Trumpster.
          I'm sure that makes sense in your world.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            It has been denied. It has not been debunked.
            It has been debunked. Multiple named sources who were with the President that day say it never happened, and we have an official contemporary document from the Secret Service stating inclement weather making it too dangerous to fly as the reason for canceling the trip.

It doesn't get much more debunked than that.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'm sure that makes sense in your world.
              It's refering to your hypocrisy CP, but not surprised at your lack of awareness.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                I mean, in the very first paragraph of the article it handwaves that the delay was due to rain, when that was a fact. In the very first paragraph they disproved themselves as journalists either because they have no integrity or have no skills as investigative journalists.
                It must be an extremely poorly designed helicopter if it cannot not fly in the rain. What possible use is a "dry weather only" helicopter?

Do US military aircrew use the excuse "We regret Sir that we cannot reconnoitre that target today - because the forecast is for rain and our helicopter only flies in dry weather."
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

It's refering to your hypocrisy CP, but not surprised at your lack of awareness.
                  Sure, JimmySue.

Comment

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
                    You can view the confirmation at the video embedded in the page below.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news...lantic-report/
                    More "sources say" bovine excrement.

Comment

No, he didn't. He said he hadn't heard it said. Try a little honesty.
                      Because President trump never said it Bolton was at the meeting where they were discussing the weather not letting them use the helecopter.

Oh and btw people here should be thinking that if this is what is being talked today what isn't being talked about. The Democrats terrible record in the past 3 months supporting hte riots instead of Law and Order. gee I wonder why the Atlantic published this false narravtive.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                        It must be an extremely poorly designed helicopter if it cannot not fly in the rain.
                        No, that's not it at all. No Marine pilot wants to fly POTUS in bad weather. There are very stringent protocols.

What possible use is a "dry weather only" helicopter?
                        You forgot the sarcasm tags.

Do US military aircrew use the excuse "We regret Sir that we cannot reconnoitre that target today - because the forecast is for rain and our helicopter only flies in dry weather."
                        There's quite a difference between mission critical events and completely voluntary events.

Have you ever watched the shuttle launches? Where they can be cancelled because of 'bad weather'?

Comment

There's quite a difference between mission critical events and completely voluntary events.
                          By the way, a Marine pilot losing POTUS because he/she flew Marine 1 in bad weather would definitely be a Resume Generating Event.

(assuming, of course, that the Marine pilot lives through the resulting crash)

By the way, there are three causes for an air crash...
                          A) pilot error
                          2) equipment failure
                          C) weather

Flying in C) could actually also be A).

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                            It must be an extremely poorly designed helicopter if it cannot not fly in the rain. What possible use is a "dry weather only" helicopter?

It's a question of risk versus reward. Flying in dry weather is inherently safer than flying in rainy weather. The main issue in rain is reduced visibility, but there are other considerations such as unpredictable wind and lightning. If it's an emergency or a time sensitive military operation then of course you take the risk. If it's flying the President of the United States on what is essentially a sight seeing tour, then you don't take the risk. This is common sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              It's a question of risk versus reward. Flying in dry weather is inherently safer than flying in rainy weather. The main issue in rain is reduced visibility, but there are other considerations such as unpredictable wind and lightning. If it's an emergency or a time sensitive military operation then of course you take the risk. If it's flying the President of the United States on what is essentially a sight seeing tour, then you don't take the risk. This is common sense.
                              Add to this the fact that the pilot would be flying in unfamiliar terrain - another factor that increases the risk.

Comment

Actually, it wasn't all that quick, and the jury is still out. But you seem to be confirming...
                                I'm a named source who can tell you that I wish Trump had grown into the role I had seen for him when I voted for him. I take no pleasure in reading stories like these.

Comment