Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
    Do you believe if you came at it from the angle of someone who had lost someone they cared about that you'd feel the same way?
    I'm a police chaplain - I deal with this kind of thing all the time. I just tend not to be so quick to judge.

You can view the confirmation at the video embedded in the page below.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news...lantic-report/
    OK, just reading the URL - "two top officials" say yes, others say not, so you declare "it's true"?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Anybody who voted for him was already willing to overlook his similar comment about McCain so this won't flip any votes.
      Either way, correct.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I'm a police chaplain - I deal with this kind of thing all the time. I just tend not to be so quick to judge.
        So if I call dead cops "losers" and "suckers" you will hold off on judging me? Give me a break.

OK, just reading the URL - "two top officials" say yes, others say not, so you declare "it's true"?
        Why not watch the video for yourself? Jennifer spoke to two sources personally and they confirmed the Atlantic's reporting. I doubt Fox would confirm this story if her sources weren't solid.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Anybody who voted for him was already willing to overlook his similar comment about McCain so this won't flip any votes.
          I didn't like what he said about McCain, but let's not forget that McCain attacked Trump first.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Why not watch the video for yourself? Jennifer spoke to two sources personally and they confirmed the Atlantic's reporting. I doubt Fox would confirm this story if her sources weren't solid.
            Yet you have other people, one who was him all day, who said it never happened. And they are on the record.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Yet you have other people, one who was him all day, who said it never happened. And they are on the record.
              Bolton didn't say it didn't happen. And Fox wouldn't confirm this unless they believed it to be true.

Comment

BTW, this story has been confirmed by National Security Correspondent for FNC Jennifer Griffin.
                Jennifer has been going wild on her twitter account for the past two hours:

Two former sr Trump admin officials confirm JeffreyGoldberg reporting that President Trump disparaged veterans and did not want to drive to honor American war dead at Aisne-Marne Cemetery outside Paris.

According to one former senior Trump administration official: "When the President spoke about the Vietnam War, he said, 'It was a stupid war. Anyone who went was a sucker'."

This former official heard the President say about American veterans: "What's in it for them? They don't make any money." Source: "It was a character flaw of the President. He could not understand why someone would die for their country, not worth it."

I read the source a few quotes from The Atlantic article. This former Trump admin official said, "The President would say things like that. He doesn't know why people join the military. He would muse, 'Why do they do it'?"

re: trip to mark 100th anniversary of WW I
                Source: "The President was not in a good mood. Macron had said something that made him mad about American reliability and the need perhaps for a European army. He questioned why he had to go to two cemeteries. 'Why do I have to do two'?"

President Trump's staff explained he could cancel (his visit to the cemetery), but he was warned, 'They (the press) are going to kill you for this'." The President was mad as a hornet when they did.

When asked IF the President could have driven to the Aisne-Marne Cemetery, this former official said confidently: "The President drives a lot. The other world leaders drove to the cemeteries. He just didn't want to go."

Regarding Trump's July 4th military parade, during a planning session at the White House after seeing the Bastille Day parade in 2017, the President said regarding the inclusion of "wounded guys" "that's not a good look" "Americans don't like that," source confirms.

regarding McCain, "The President just hated John McCain. He always asked, 'Why do you see him as a hero?" Two sources confirmed the President did not want flags lowered but others in the White House ordered them at half mast. There was a stand off and then the President relented.
                "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                  Jennifer has been going wild on her twitter account for the past two hours:

Two former sr Trump admin officials confirm JeffreyGoldberg reporting that President Trump disparaged veterans and did not want to drive to honor American war dead at Aisne-Marne Cemetery outside Paris.

According to one former senior Trump administration official: "When the President spoke about the Vietnam War, he said, 'It was a stupid war. Anyone who went was a sucker'."

This former official heard the President say about American veterans: "What's in it for them? They don't make any money." Source: "It was a character flaw of the President. He could not understand why someone would die for their country, not worth it."

I read the source a few quotes from The Atlantic article. This former Trump admin official said, "The President would say things like that. He doesn't know why people join the military. He would muse, 'Why do they do it'?"

re: trip to mark 100th anniversary of WW I
                  Source: "The President was not in a good mood. Macron had said something that made him mad about American reliability and the need perhaps for a European army. He questioned why he had to go to two cemeteries. 'Why do I have to do two'?"

President Trump's staff explained he could cancel (his visit to the cemetery), but he was warned, 'They (the press) are going to kill you for this'." The President was mad as a hornet when they did.

When asked IF the President could have driven to the Aisne-Marne Cemetery, this former official said confidently: "The President drives a lot. The other world leaders drove to the cemeteries. He just didn't want to go."

Regarding Trump's July 4th military parade, during a planning session at the White House after seeing the Bastille Day parade in 2017, the President said regarding the inclusion of "wounded guys" "that's not a good look" "Americans don't like that," source confirms.

regarding McCain, "The President just hated John McCain. He always asked, 'Why do you see him as a hero?" Two sources confirmed the President did not want flags lowered but others in the White House ordered them at half mast. There was a stand off and then the President relented.
                  Might I kindly suggest you put all that bolded stuff in a box ---- [ box ] [ /box ] (without the spaces of course --- cause we normally only bold the parts to which we wish to draw special attention.

Comment

But, no, saying stupid stuff doesn't disqualify one from office.
                    That is true. I remember Mark Pryor [at the time a Democrat Senator for Arkansas] being interviewed by Bill Maher in his documentary Religulous who made the unintentional Truism that "You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the Senate though".
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    The things that you're liable
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life
                    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Bolton didn't say it didn't happen. And Fox wouldn't confirm this unless they believed it to be true.
                      Fox is confirming that some people say it happened, while others who were there say they never heard it. No?

But, I'm glad you have so much confidence in Fox News that they would never report anything untrue.

Comment

Either way, correct.
                        Agreed. People who vote on principle cannot be faulted for voting for the only candidate they have that represents those views.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          Agreed. People who vote on principle cannot be faulted for voting for the only candidate they have that represents those views.
                          I remember numerous times people would say "I held my nose and voted for....."

Comment

I will fault both the conservative party and the democrat party in the US for fielding these awful candidates. I don't know where they find them.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                              I will fault both the conservative party and the democrat party in the US for fielding these awful candidates. I don't know where they find them.
                              First, the candidate has to have loads of money.
                              Second, He/she must be beholden to many people with influence - and those tend to be king-makers or establishment types.
                              Third, no decent person wants to undergo the anal exam that the media will perpetuate.

Comment

Though with what I'm seeing of the leftwing in this country currently, my grip won't be as firm.

Comment