Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    That doesn't mean much, though. I used to be in the business. Fox "confirming" a story in The Atlantic AT MOST means the anonymous sources exist and said those things. It may only mean the sources exist, or that they said something to that effect.

Other sources - people like John Bolton who despises Trump - said the story is baloney. And others who were there and have gone on the record said it's baloney. And now The Atlantic's publisher is trying to reinvent the article.
    It's "he said / she said", and your political leaning will determine what you think, not the other way around.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That doesn't mean much, though. I used to be in the business. Fox "confirming" a story in The Atlantic AT MOST means the anonymous sources exist and said those things. It may only mean the sources exist, or that they said something to that effect.
      Yes, that's precisely what confirming a story means. Fox spoke to (probably) the same sources and they said the same thing. And Fox judged those sources as trustworthy enough to publish their words as truth.

What do you think we disagree about?

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Uh, no. Non-Christians so obsessed with a Christian forum that they use multiple handles when they get banned for their trolling is the exemplification of a troll. That happens here pretty frequently.
        The definition of 'troll' is very subjective. I have interacted with the poster you refer to many, many times on another forum. I could think of a lot of words to describe him, but 'troll' is not one.
        America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electric Skeptic View Post
          He specifically mentioned that his being a POW was what he was "aiming at".
          I see. So you think that Trump wasn't really angry with McCain at all. He was only angry that he was captured, and is angry with all servicemen who were captured. That's what Trump really meant to say.

Comment

The definition of 'troll' is very subjective. I have interacted with the poster you refer to many, many times on another forum. I could think of a lot of words to describe him, but 'troll' is not one.
            I wasn't referring to SL as an example. They know who they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiconaFan97 View Post
              Fox spoke to (probably) the same sources and they said the same thing. And Fox judged those sources as trustworthy...
              In addition, CNN, the Associated Press, the Washington Post, and the New York Times have all said they confirmed the Atlantic story.
              Last edited by Reepicheep; 09-09-2020, 02:31 PM.
              "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
              "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Yes, that's precisely what confirming a story means. Fox spoke to (probably) the same sources and they said the same thing. And Fox judged those sources as trustworthy enough to publish their words as truth.

What do you think we disagree about?
                A person walks into your home and says he has been to Mars, and the weather there is lovely. The Atlantic publishes that in a story. Fox News suspects the story is false and seeks out the same individual. They find him, and he tells Fox that he has been to Mars and the weather there is lovely.

Fox has now confirmed the story. That doesn't mean Fox got into a time machine and traveled to Mars with this person and experienced the weather. It only means Fox got - at most - the same story as The Atlantic.

Comment

I see. So you think that Trump wasn't really angry with McCain at all. He was only angry that he was captured, and is angry with all servicemen who were captured. That's what Trump really meant to say.
                  Here's a clue. When you tell someone what they think, you are almost invariably wrong. As you are this time, since I neither said nor implied anything like what you suggest.
                  America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

Here's a clue. When you tell someone what they think, you are almost invariably wrong. As you are this time, since I neither said nor implied anything like what you suggest.
                    But you were thinking it!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

OK. So if *I* think that Trump wasn't really angry with McCain at all. He was only angry that he was captured, and is angry with all servicemen who were captured - would I be correct?

Comment

A person walks into your home and says he has been to Mars, and the weather there is lovely. The Atlantic publishes that in a story. Fox News suspects the story is false and seeks out the same individual. They find him, and he tells Fox that he has been to Mars and the weather there is lovely.

Fox has now confirmed the story. That doesn't mean Fox got into a time machine and traveled to Mars with this person and experienced the weather. It only means Fox got - at most - the same story as The Atlantic.
                        Fox wouldn't report that story as true nor emphasize that their sourcing was solid. Go fish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          But you were thinking it!
                          I thought that he was thinking that, if that's what you're thinking. But as an afterthought, I think I might have thought incorrectly.

Comment

I thought that he was thinking that, if that's what you're thinking. But as an afterthought, I think I might have thought incorrectly.
                            That's what *I* thought!

Comment

Fox wouldn't report that story as true nor emphasize that their sourcing was solid. Go fish.
                              Why am I supposed to be impressed with what Fox thinks anyway? It's just another commercial mainstream media source that I avoid.

Comment

Why am I supposed to be impressed with what Fox thinks anyway? It's just another commercial mainstream media source that I avoid.
                                Are you really asking me why you should take notice that Fox is confirming a story which is massively damaging to the president so close to the election?

Comment