Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Surprised she basically admitted it. She was trolling over on the forum we both came from for several years, but never came close to lowering that mask this much.
    Sub text - you do not agree with my opinions on most issues. However, I do recall we generally saw eye-to-eye over various religious topics. Even though on at least one occasion you made a historical gaffe/assumption concerning a comment found in the writings of Apion. Were you also trolling on those occasions?
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      McCain would have voted to rip a puppy's eye out with a spoon if he thought that it would in some way directly effect Trump. His hatred knew no bounds. He gleefully betrayed all of those people he swore to that he was against Obamacare and would ceaselessly seek to overturn it. When given the chance he choose giving a raspberry to Trump rather than vote to do so (being the deciding vote) showing that he cared far more about his petty personal feuds than the well-being of our country.

While I have nothing but admiration for his refusal to take the free "Get Out of Jail Card" offered by his captors and the price he paid for doing so, his service in the Senate was far less sterling.
      I think what he went through in Vietnam most certainly changed him, and his brain tumor aggravated that substantially.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
        Are you dumb or just stupid?
        No I asked a question. Cow Poke gave me an answer, you have given me answer.

However, regarding the excuse that was proffered in 2018 that rain was what prompted the decision not to fly Trump some 70 km [probably less by air] to an important site for US military history and on the centenary of the end of that horrific war, and that travel by road was also deemed impractical, does not sound overly plausible to me.

In my opinion, either the US personnel were badly organised and made no preparations for adverse weather, or there was something else behind the decision.

However, irrespective of the technical details for these helicopters and those used in Vietnam. The fact is that none of us can ever actually know the true reasons behind the decision until/unless some attested evidence is produced.

Hence all of us, you, myself, and Cow Poke are engaging in speculation concerning that decision. That you and Cow Poke may have some technical knowledge of these machines is somewhat tangential to the official reason given.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          McCain would have voted to rip a puppy's eye out with a spoon if he thought that it would in some way directly effect Trump. His hatred knew no bounds. He gleefully betrayed all of those people he swore to that he was against Obamacare and would ceaselessly seek to overturn it. When given the chance he choose giving a raspberry to Trump rather than vote to do so (being the deciding vote) showing that he cared far more about his petty personal feuds than the well-being of our country.

While I have nothing but admiration for his refusal to take the free "Get Out of Jail Card" offered by his captors and the price he paid for doing so, his service in the Senate was far less sterling.
          Really, removing Obamacare with nothing to replace it would’ve been for the ‘wellbeing of the country’?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
            ...The fact is that none of us can ever actually know the true reasons behind the decision until/unless some attested evidence is produced.
            MM provided that here.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
              He was a traitor to his fellow service men. I was in the Marines at the time, none of us saw him as a hero.

https://patriotpost.us/pages/349-ker...tar-citation-s
              "The Patriot Post" - Extreme right wing rag.

Comment

• There was an interesting statement made by John King on CNN this morning:

"The reported comments do track harsh Trump statements made in other episodes and, this is important, other news organizations including CNN and notably Fox News have confirmed key pieces of the Atlantic account. And this is telling: two military men who would have firsthand knowledge, the former Whitehouse Chief of Staff John Kelly and the former Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff General Joseph Dunford, are silent."

I'll be recording Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace later this morning while I'm at church. I've been watching the show for a month, and have been impressed by how (more or less) balanced the show is, especially by Fox standards. I'm very curious to know what the talking heads will say about the conflicting opinions that have come out of Fox about the Atlantic article.
                "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  MM provided that here.
                  Then it would appear that the WH personnel and administration was remarkably sloppy and made no contingency plans should adverse weather prevail on the day. Given that the event was taking place in northern Europe and in winter, some alternative travel arrangements should have been organised.

A Reuters report at the time stated that the WH "cited security concerns in hastily arranging a motorcade.". Should not that motorcade and its potential route have been the contingency plan with the possible route fully assessed and personnel ready to be deployed should that contingency plan be required?

This was, after all, a head of State making an official visit to mark the centenary of the end of a horrific war and to pay his respects at a memorial to US troops who had died in that war.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Then it would appear that the WH personnel and administration was remarkably sloppy and made no contingency plans....
                    Too bad you weren't there to save the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Too bad you weren't there to save the day.
                      Oh come now. With all the resources available to the White House, they could not devise a contingency plan should it rain on the day?

From the same Reuters report I cited: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1NF0NU

Ben Rhodes, who served as deputy national security adviser for strategic communications under President Barack Obama, said the excuse about the inclement weather did not stand up.

“I helped plan all of President Obama’s trips for 8 years,” he wrote on Twitter. “There is always a rain option. Always.”
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        And the call was made by the Secret Service. They assessed the risk and informed the President that it was not safe to fly. This has been verified by the release of an official contemporary communication, so it's not some after-the-fact excuse.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48010[/ATTACH]

Furthermore, Trump himself has said that it wasn't just a little light right but a downpour.
                        So, every other dignitary, as well as COS John Kelly and the JCOS Joe Dunford were able to make it to the ceremony except for Trump. Get a clue!

Comment

Sub text - you do not agree with my opinions on most issues. However, I do recall we generally saw eye-to-eye over various religious topics.
                          Which doesn't make you any less of the troll you just admitted to being.

Even though on at least one occasion you made a historical gaffe/assumption concerning a comment found in the writings of Apion. Were you also trolling on those occasions?
                          And you've made multiple historical gaffes. What of it?

Comment

No I asked a question. Cow Poke gave me an answer, you have given me answer.
                            So you got answers, know you got answers, ignored them, and thus you are just trolling. Got it.

However, regarding the excuse that was proffered in 2018 that rain was what prompted the decision not to fly Trump some 70 km [probably less by air] to an important site for US military history and on the centenary of the end of that horrific war, and that travel by road was also deemed impractical, does not sound overly plausible to me.
                            Then you have no clue what you are talking about.
                            In my opinion, either the US personnel were badly organised and made no preparations for adverse weather, or there was something else behind the decision.

However, irrespective of the technical details for these helicopters and those used in Vietnam. The fact is that none of us can ever actually know the true reasons behind the decision until/unless some attested evidence is produced.
                            You were already linked to a FOIA result which showed that it was the weather that was the reason for the decision. So I ask again, are you dumb or just stupid? And I amend that with "Never mind, you're just a troll"

Hence all of us, you, myself, and Cow Poke are engaging in speculation concerning that decision. That you and Cow Poke may have some technical knowledge of these machines is somewhat tangential to the official reason given.
                            See above, and go talk to Kobe Bryant.
                            Last edited by Gondwanaland; 09-06-2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                              McCain would’ve voted to remove trump and we all know it.
                              Yep, and not because of the weight of evidence, because there wasn't any -- Shifty Adam Schiff openly admitted as much when he begged the Senate to allow him to use the trial as an evidence gathering platform -- but because John McCain, like Mitt Romney, was petty and bitter and looking for payback. We're talking about a man with such deep seated hate that he refused to forgive even in death and asked that President Trump not be invited to his funeral.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                                There was an interesting statement made by John King on CNN this morning:

"The reported comments do track harsh Trump statements made in other episodes and, this is important, other news organizations including CNN and notably Fox News have confirmed key pieces of the Atlantic account. And this is telling: two military men who would have firsthand knowledge, the former Whitehouse Chief of Staff John Kelly and the former Chairman of the Chiefs of Staff General Joseph Dunford, are silent."
                                How is that "telling" when at least half-a-dozen people who were with the President that day have gone on record to debunk the claim?
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment