Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Didn't limit to that - just referred to satellites.

But they don't need to see through clouds, as they generally fly below them.

Yes sir - more time over target to get more info, but also far more vulnerable to ground fire. Which is exactly why Marine One doesn't loiter over 'targets' --- it IS the target.

Jim, I was responding to H_A's comments - which were EXACTLY about recon -- about helicopters that "can't fly when it's damp".
    And that all came out of her sarcastic retort to you trying to make the case the weather was a legitimate reason to cancel.

Again, the real issue is that the weather was not a legitimate reason to cancel
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 09-05-2020, 07:32 PM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

That's genuinely disappointing. I had thought more highly of you.
      As I did once of you.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
        As I did once of you.
        And what, pray tell, have I done to cause you to think less of me with regards to my interactions with you?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And what, pray tell, have I done to cause you to think less of me with regards to my interactions with you?
          Oh dear. Have I hurt your feelings?
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Oh dear. Have I hurt your feelings?
            Not at all -- in fact, I was just about to edit my post --- 'never mind'.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I have to believe that was part of his brain tumor process. I still respect who he WAS.
              True.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

So the helicopters flown in Vietnam in the 1960s and 1970s were more versatile than the one that is currently used as Marine 1? Interesting.
                Are you dumb or just stupid?

Comment

Not really. Just baiting my line and seeing what I catch.
                  Spoken like a true professional internet troll.

Comment

So the helicopters flown in Vietnam in the 1960s and 1970s were more versatile than the one that is currently used as Marine 1? Interesting.
                    Bhwahahahaha...

No.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      True.
                      About 6 or 7 years ago, my Texas (State) Senator had enlisted McCain's help for my case in getting benefits restored from my service in SE Asia.

I was thrilled that my Senator was arranging for me to meet him in person, but she seemed to begin dampening my hopes, explaining to me something to the effect "we're not going to get the help we need - he has other issues he needs to address".

She never mentioned a brain tumor, or other personal illness, but the timeline fits, and I had a feeling McCain wasn't long for this world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                        Spoken like a true professional internet troll.
                        Disappointing, but it was looking more and more like that.... she couldn't hold up the facade very long at all.

Comment

Disappointing, but it was looking more and more like that.... she couldn't hold up the facade very long at all.
                          Surprised she basically admitted it. She was trolling over on the forum we both came from for several years, but never came close to lowering that mask this much.

Comment

• McCain would’ve voted to remove trump and we all know it. It’s pretty telling of what the Republican Party has become when the last two presidential candidates seem to have been the only people with integrity left in that party.

And both are bashed by the trump cult for daring to go against their leader.

Actual conservatives are supporting Biden this election.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                              McCain would’ve voted to remove trump and we all know it. It’s pretty telling of what the Republican Party has become when the last two presidential candidates seem to have been the only people with integrity left in that party.

For the record, I have 'bashed' neither McCain NOR Romney. And when you say "actual conservatives are supporting Biden" --- you mean ALL of them?

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                                McCain would’ve voted to remove trump and we all know it. It’s pretty telling of what the Republican Party has become when the last two presidential candidates seem to have been the only people with integrity left in that party.

McCain would have voted to rip a puppy's eye out with a spoon if he thought that it would in some way directly effect Trump. His hatred knew no bounds. He gleefully betrayed all of those people he swore to that he was against Obamacare and would ceaselessly seek to overturn it. When given the chance he choose giving a raspberry to Trump rather than vote to do so (being the deciding vote) showing that he cared far more about his petty personal feuds than the well-being of our country.

While I have nothing but admiration for his refusal to take the free "Get Out of Jail Card" offered by his captors and the price he paid for doing so, his service in the Senate was far less sterling.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment