Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Are you claiming that you know the opinion of every marine serving at the time?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      He was a traitor to his fellow service men. I was in the Marines at the time, none of us saw him as a hero.

https://patriotpost.us/pages/349-ker...tar-citation-s
      How many Purple Hearts, Bronze Stars, and Silver Stars were you awarded during your time in the Marines?
      "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
      "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
        How many Purple Hearts, Bronze Stars, and Silver Stars were you awarded during your time in the Marines?
        How many Purple Hearts, Bronze Stars, and Silver Stars did Kerry pretend to throw over the fence onto the White House Lawn?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I would suggest that given Trump's moral turpitude there is no reason to indicate that this is not a broadly veracious article.

We saw and read what he thought of John McCain.
          While I respect John McCain and other POWs, I had considered him a very loose cannon the last ten years before his death.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
            While I respect John McCain and other POWs, I had considered him a very loose cannon the last ten years before his death.
            I have to believe that was part of his brain tumor process. I still respect who he WAS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              "Should be able to" does not equate to "needs to" or "should".

Again, the helicopter in question - currently a Sikorsky Sea King - when used as Marine 1 - has FAR different operational limitations than when used in war or conflict.
              So the helicopters flown in Vietnam in the 1960s and 1970s were more versatile than the one that is currently used as Marine 1? Interesting.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Are you claiming that you know the opinion of every marine serving at the time?
                He compared soldiers to Ghengis Khan, monsters and called them war criminals. How do you think we took it?
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                  Zero, but I did not come back and bad mouth my fellow service in front of Congress while men were still dying over there. A traitor, giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So the helicopters flown in Vietnam in the 1960s and 1970s were more versatile
                    Are you just playing obtuse?

They (the Vietnam era copters) were just beginning to see their full potential, and were used for a wide range of operations - delivering ordinance and supplies, carrying troops, evacuating wounded, forward observation, gun platforms, recon....

than the one that is currently used as Marine 1? Interesting.
                    No. Absolutely not. But you're REALLY REALLY not getting it.

The Sikorski Helicopters (Sea King or White Knight) are FAR MORE capable than the role they play as Marine One. First, when Marine 1 flies, there are generally 2 other identical helicopters (or as many as 4 more) that fly with it in a "shell game", to confuse anybody who may wish to target it, because it does fly relatively low and slow, compared to Air Force One. That's a logistical challenge, because you certainly don't want them crashing into each other in bad weather.

It's not the CAPABILITY of the aircraft - it's the OPERATIONAL LIMITATIONS in its role as Marine One, carrying POTUS.

(I'm getting the feeling you're never gonna get this, or that you're just playing a game.

Comment

Are you just playing obtuse?

They (the Vietnam era copters) were just beginning to see their full potential, and were used for a wide range of operations - delivering ordinance and supplies, carrying troops, evacuating wounded, forward observation, gun platforms, recon....

No. Absolutely not. But you're REALLY REALLY not getting it.

The Sikorski Helicopters (Sea King or White Knight) are FAR MORE capable than the role they play as Marine One. First, when Marine 1 flies, there are generally 2 other identical helicopters (or as many as 4 more) that fly with it in a "shell game", to confuse anybody who may wish to target it, because it does fly relatively low and slow, compared to Air Force One. That's a logistical challenge, because you certainly don't want them crashing into each other in bad weather.

It's not the CAPABILITY of the aircraft - it's the OPERATIONAL LIMITATIONS in its role as Marine One, carrying POTUS.

(I'm getting the feeling you're never gonna get this, or that you're just playing a game.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Does this mean you're playing a game?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          Deep throat, aka Mark Fell if I remember correctly, was an anonymouse source, an FBI agent, who only corroborated the evidence given to Woodward by other anonymouse sources. They were all anonymouse sources.
                          Felt's primary role was confirming leads Woodward and Berstein had discovered on their own, or giving them a nudge in the right direction if they were ever stumped, and he never allowed himself to be directly quoted. So, no, it was nothing like today's "sources say" gossip columns.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                            He compared soldiers to Ghengis Khan, monsters and called them war criminals. How do you think we took it?
                            Well it is an interesting comment. One way of looking at a standing army is to see it as nothing but paid killers who take orders from the state.
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Does this mean you're playing a game?
                              Not really. Just baiting my line and seeing what I catch.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Not really. Just baiting my line and seeing what I catch.

That's genuinely disappointing. I had thought more highly of you.

Comment