Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Steve Banon arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    He is charged with this, apparently. Not yet convicted.

I don't care either way, but I find it interesting how ever since the #METOO movement started, everyone is guilty of everything without a trial, and everyone is presumed guilty when accused.
    *Except Biden

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Worse, Trump's numbers are actually improving during the convention. That has never been a good sign.

Moreover, the Dems seem to be well aware that enthusiasm for their ticket isn't even luke warm so you had both Biden and Harris spending a good deal of their acceptance speech time begging supporters (or more accurately, Trump opponents) to please, Please, PLEASE vote
      It's a hard sell when you can only give people reasons not to vote for your opponent instead of reasons to vote for you. This usually ends up simply convincing your supporters not to vote at all.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        It's a hard sell when you can only give people reasons not to vote for your opponent instead of reasons to vote for you. This usually ends up simply convincing your supporters not to vote at all.
        And as I recall the Republicans used this campaign tactic in 2012 and Romney lost.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
          And as I recall the Republicans used this campaign tactic in 2012 and Romney lost.
          Voters were able to see through Romney's RINO suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
            It didn't help that Romney seemed to give up after the second debate. As I've said before, if he fought Obama and the Democrats as hard as he's fought Trump, he would be wrapping up his second presidential term right now.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              They guy is worth like 40 million, why do crap like this! He is an idiot...
              The bible explains why things like this happen:

For the love of money is the root of all evils. - 1 Timothy 6:10, RSV

Trump loves money even more than Bannon does. In December of 2018, Trump pled guilty to illegally using the funds in his "charity" to enrich himself, and he agreed to shut down the charity, distribute the remaining $1.8 million in the foundation to legitimate charities, and pay a $2 million fine which also went to charity.

Trump's most egregious misuse of foundation money was when he stole $7 from the foundation and used the money to enroll Donald Junior in Boy Scouts. Consider this: Trump claims to be a billionaire, yet he is so greedy that he couldn't bear to spend $7 of his own money to register Junior in Boy Scouts. I don't think I've ever heard of an act of greed which was worse than this. Repent, sinner, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
              "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
              "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Worse, Trump's numbers are actually improving during the convention. That has never been a good sign.

Moreover, the Dems seem to be well aware that enthusiasm for their ticket isn't even luke warm so you had both Biden and Harris spending a good deal of their acceptance speech time begging supporters (or more accurately, Trump opponents) to please, Please, PLEASE vote
                I know, right? How outrageous that a party would spend a good deal of time reminding democrats to vote for said party.

Comment