Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrats upset NYPD Union Endorses Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats upset NYPD Union Endorses Trump

AOC and others are upset that a union that she and her fellow democrats have been calling evil, murderers, and B&st&rds have endorsed the Republican candidate for President.

Is anyone surprised that they are not supporting the group that is threatening their jobs? However, I guess democrats believe the choices are Endorse Democrats, or stay silent and accept what we do to you.

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    AOC and others are upset that a union that she and her fellow democrats have been calling evil, murderers, and B&st&rds have endorsed the Republican candidate for President.

Is anyone surprised that they are not supporting the group that is threatening their jobs? However, I guess democrats believe the choices are Endorse Democrats, or stay silent and accept what we do to you.
    Good for the cops - they know who their enemies are....
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Actions have consequences

Oh, and be careful in the future about using veiled words like "B&st&rds" since veiled profanity is prohibited.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I am not surprised that they would endorse the safe candidate, especially when such reforms are needed. Unfortunately, the arguments have been couched in very polarized terms (defund the police or support police brutality). Obviously there are many alternatives in between that recognize the problem but do not punish good officers doing their job correctly.

Donald Trump, however, represents at least as bad if not worse alternative than some of the proposals to defund police: tolerate and even expand the brutality found in some policeman/forces - as was demonstrated in the over the top responses of the Federal forces deployed in portland.

What we need are real reforms wrt to how bad officers are themselves policed within police forces (deal with the problem of the Police Unions protecting even the most vile officers jobs) and deal with systemic racism in the justice system. Somewhere in all this we have to deal with the knee jerk reaction in the black community that every police action against a black person is assumed to be abuse unless proven otherwise. But to do that, somehow the vast chasm of distrust between police and black communities must be bridged. And to do that, somewhere along the way the reasons that chasm exists must be acknowledged and dealt with.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The police can see for themselves what is happening. They don't need either politicians from either side or the MSM to explain it to them. They are seeing and experiencing it firsthand. And they are responding accordingly.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The police can see for themselves what is happening. They don't need either politicians from either side or the MSM to explain it to them. They are seeing and experiencing it firsthand. And they are responding accordingly.
            Absolutely - and the Democrats started down the road toward hostilities with the police at Hillary's big convention.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Absolutely - and the Democrats started down the road toward hostilities with the police at Hillary's big convention.
              And prior to that at a campaign rally when police union leaders were introduced the crowd had to be told to stop booing them because they were the "good cops."

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                And prior to that at a campaign rally when police union leaders were introduced the crowd had to be told to stop booing them because they were the "good cops."
                Can't imagine why the union wouldn't want to support the political party that represents that group of people...it's amazing.

Comment