Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

F.B.I. Lawyer to Plead Guilty (Russian Hoax)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    As noted in the DOJ press release: “Former FBI attorney Kevin Clinesmith, 38, pleaded guilty today in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to a false statement offense stemming from his altering of an email in connection with the submission of a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (“FISA”) application.”

Despite the falsification of court documents within a FISA document; and despite the likelihood of an intentional conspiracy to commit fraud upon the court in order to obtain a Title-1 surveillance warrant against the Trump campaign – via Carter Page; the DOJ entered into a plea agreement on a single count of lying to federal officers.

The agreement holds a maximum penalty of zero to six months in federal prison and a $250k fine. This is the same plea agreement the DOJ (DC U.S. Attorney) previously gave to the Senate Intelligence Committee Security Director James Wolfe, who leaked the SAME, earlier, top-secret classified FISA application to the media on March 17, 2017.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...lfe-plea-deal/

So this FBI flunkie commits a serious crime and gets a slap on the wrist. Meanwhile, General Flynn who did nothing wrong is still fighting for his life even after the corruption used to coerce a guilty plea from him has been widely exposed for all the world to see.

Two-tier justice sucks.
    This could be well a deal struck with a cooperative witness.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      This could be well a deal struck with a cooperative witness.
      I'm not convinced of that. From my post earlier in the thread:

Here's how the game is played if you're trying to work your way up stream: you get the small fish to plead guilty to the big crime (for instance, criminal conspiracy), use his guilty plea as evidence against the big fish, and then let him plead down to a lesser charge in exchange for his cooperation. Now unless all of that happened behind closed doors, this one count of making a false statement leaves the prosecutors nowhere to go. For one thing, his guilty plea implicates nobody but himself; for another, it makes him worthless as a witness because it destroys his credibility. [T]he whole reason we knew [Dirty Cop Mueller] was cooking nothing burgers is because he kept charging his "star witnesses" with slap-on-the-wrist crimes, and his entire investigation predictably fizzled out with nothing to show for it. We're beginning to see the same pattern with the Durham probe.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post773607
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Those of us who have bothered to stay informed know that the Senate Intelligence Committee is not to be trusted.

Sen. Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee who has been leading a congressional investigation into President Trump's alleged ties to Russia, had extensive contact last year with a lobbyist for a Russian oligarch who was offering Warner access to former British spy and dossier author Christopher Steele, according to text messages obtained exclusively by Fox News.

[...]

Secrecy seemed very important to Warner as the conversation with Waldman heated up March 29, when the lobbyist revealed that Steele wanted a bipartisan letter from Warner and the committee’s chairman, North Carolina Republican Sen. Richard Burr, inviting him to talk to the Senate intelligence panel.

Throughout the text exchanges, Warner seemed particularly intent on connecting directly with Steele without anyone else on the Senate Intelligence Committee being in the loop -- at least initially. In one text to the lobbyist, Warner wrote that he would "rather not have a paper trail" of his messages.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...stopher-steele

Four months after the Mark Warner texts were made public, on June 8th, 2018, another headline story surfaced. An indictment for Senate Select Committee on Intelligence Security Director James Wolfe was unsealed on June 7th, 2018.

Mr. Wolfe was indicted for leaking information from within the SSCI to four journalists; and lying to FBI investigators.

Within the indictment we discover the FBI were conducting an ongoing leak investigation throughout 2017. Within that investigation a top-secret document was transferred to the custody of SSCI Security Director James Wolfe on March 17, 2017. The details inside that document were leaked to the media.

The indictment describes FBI investigators informing Mr. Wolfe in October of 2017 about their investigation of national security leaks. In December of 2017 Mr. Wolfe was confronted with evidence of his leaking to journalists including a woman now working for the New York Times named Ali Watkins, with whom he was having a sexual relationship – implied as a possible quid-pro-quo.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ig-as-spygate/
        The Senate Intel report documenting a (grave counterintelligence threat) is a bipartisan report, MM. No hoax, no witch hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          The Senate Intel report ... is a bipartisan report...
          So?
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            The Senate Intel report documenting a (grave counterintelligence threat) is a bipartisan report, MM. No hoax, no witch hunt!
            Your profound ignorance strikes again.

Let's look at the definition --
            Bipartisan - of or involving the agreement or cooperation of two political parties that usually oppose each other's policies

If they had issued one unified report, THAT would be bipartisan. The ONLY "bipartisanship" involved here was that both parties were involved, but no common agreement.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Your profound ignorance strikes again.

Let's look at the definition --
              Bipartisan - of or involving the agreement or cooperation of two political parties that usually oppose each other's policies

If they had issued one unified report, THAT would be bipartisan. The ONLY "bipartisanship" involved here was that both parties were involved, but no common agreement.
              The common agreement, i.e the bipartisan agreement is the report itself which states there was a grave counterintelligence threat. No hoax, no witch hunt

Comment

The common agreement, i.e the bipartisan agreement is the report itself which states there was a grave counterintelligence threat. No hoax, no witch hunt
                That the Russians hoped to meddle in our elections -- something they've tried to do since before I was born -- was, and will remain a threat. That Trump or any of his people were working with the Russians (colluding) is what the hoax and witch hunt was.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That the Russians hoped to meddle in our elections -- something they've tried to do since before I was born -- was, and will remain a threat. That Trump or any of his people were working with the Russians (colluding) is what the hoax and witch hunt was.
                  Paul Manafort. Read the report!

Comment

Five takeaways from final Senate Intel Russia report

Tuesday’s intel report, however, wasn’t without a dose of congressional bickering.

Six of the eight GOP senators on the committee offered additional views, included in a section separate from the bipartisan findings, saying that “after more than three years of investigation by this Committee, we can now say with no doubt, there was no collusion.”

Five of the panel’s seven Democrats countered that the report “unambiguously shows that members of the Trump Campaign cooperated with Russian efforts to get Trump elected.”

And it does not say what you claim it says.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Tuesday’s intel report, however, wasn’t without a dose of congressional bickering.

Six of the eight GOP senators on the committee offered additional views, included in a section separate from the bipartisan findings, saying that “after more than three years of investigation by this Committee, we can now say with no doubt, there was no collusion.”

Five of the panel’s seven Democrats countered that the report “unambiguously shows that members of the Trump Campaign cooperated with Russian efforts to get Trump elected.”

Well, then don't go by the separate section partisan spin, if you can read, then go by what the bipartisan report itself says.

Comment

Well, then don't go by the separate section partisan spin, if you can read, then go by what the bipartisan report itself says.
                        You're so precious.

Comment

Tuesdays intel report, however, wasnt without a dose of congressional bickering.

Six of the eight GOP senators on the committee offered additional views, included in a section separate from the bipartisan findings, saying that after more than three years of investigation by this Committee, we can now say with no doubt, there was no collusion.

Five of the panels seven Democrats countered that the report unambiguously shows that members of the Trump Campaign cooperated with Russian efforts to get Trump elected.

The '5 takeaways' in your own link are:

Trump campaign, Russia had extensive contacts

Key individual labeled as Russian intelligence officer

Manafort, Kushner, Trump Jr. come under scrutiny

FBI comes under criticism

Both parties agree threat from Russia persists

Jiml said this :

Originally posted by jiml
                          common agreement, i.e the bipartisan agreement is the report itself which states there was a grave counterintelligence threat. No hoax, no witch hunt
                          You are arguing he's wrong because there were still some elements of disagreement. But this point, as is almost always the case, is simply pedantic nit picking and misses the overall bipartisan nature of the report and its conclusions. Jimls point is accurate. Even the text quoted in your rebuttal makes clear the disagreement was secondary to the overall bipartisan, cooperative, agreeing, nature of the report on the threat of the Russians involvement with the Trump team and in our elections.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Jiml said this :

[B]

You are arguing he's wrong because there were still some elements of disagreement. But this point, as is almost always the case, is simply pedantic nit picking and misses the overall bipartisan nature of the report and its conclusions. Jimls point is accurate. Even the text quoted in your rebuttal makes clear the disagreement was secondary to the overall bipartisan, cooperative, agreeing, nature of the report on the threat of the Russians involvement with the Trump team and in our elections.
                            Your hearty defense and support of one of the most vicious anti-Christian bigots on Tweb is noted.
                            Politics does, indeed, make strange bedfellows.

Comment

OMG! An international businessman who has multiple businesses operating in Russia has extensive contacts in Russia! Oh noes!!1! What are the odds? Obvious evidence of collusion that Mueller overlooked! smiley hair-fire.gif

Now there's a shocker. One of the government types he had to deal with while doing business in Russia was with their intelligence agencies.

And?

And virtually everything gets swept under the rug

They will continue to try to meddle in our elections after being so wildly successful in 2016. And by that I mean an operation that looked like it was run by the Three Stooges (most of their efforts to effect the election took place after it was over) succeeded far beyond any expectations thanks to how the Democrats reacted, so why not keep going?

Comment

OMG! An international businessman who has multiple businesses operating in Russia has extensive contacts in Russia! Oh noes!!1! What are the odds? Obvious evidence of collusion that Mueller overlooked! smiley hair-fire.gif

Now there's a shocker. One of the government types he had to deal with while doing business in Russia was with their intelligence agencies.

And?

And virtually everything gets swept under the rug

They will continue to try to meddle in our elections after being so wildly successful in 2016. And by that I mean an operation that looked like it was run by the Three Stooges (most of their efforts to effect the election took place after it was over) succeeded far beyond any expectations thanks to how the Democrats reacted, so why not keep going?

Im reminded here of the 12 - 16 year old school boys that used to laugh and mock any topic the school teacher thought was serious. They were, of course, generally the pool from which came the ones that were killed (or who killed someone else ) in a DUI, died from a drug overdose, who got the STD, or who just ended up flunking out their first semester of college - assuming they got into college.

That this attitude has now become the staple of GOP and/or conservative leaning rhetoric does not bode well for the nation.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-09-2023, 09:20 AM.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment