Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Sally Yates:'''I Would Not Have Signed FISA Warrant Based On Steele Dossier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    And I read that Dr Fauci has been getting death threats, and his daughters harassed.
    The world has gone nuts -- my 23 year old grandson was threatened with his life because he was wearing a red baseball cap -- WASN'T EVEN MAGA -- just a red cap!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      The world has gone nuts -- my 23 year old grandson was threatened with his life because he was wearing a red baseball cap -- WASN'T EVEN MAGA -- just a red cap!
      Good grief! These are strange days for sure.

Drinkers here caused a local covid spike and we’ve been shut down again (pubs closed). Alcohol and social distancing?!?
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Former Acting Attorney General Sally Q. Yates testified on Wednesday at the Senate Judiciary Committee that former Vice President Joe Biden was at a January 5, 2017 meeting in the Oval Office where Michael Flynn was discussed.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...michael-flynn/
        And?

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          And?
          Handsy Joe can't pretend he was ignorant of the scheme to frame General Flynn.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            IIRC last year the FISA court pretty much said the same thing.
            Yup. Back in December.
            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Secret FISA court issues highly unusual public rebuke of FBI for mistakes

WASHINGTON — The secret court that approves orders to conduct surveillance on suspected foreign terrorists or spies issued a highly unusual public rebuke of the FBI on Tuesday, ordering the agency to say how it intends to correct the errors revealed last week by the Justice Department inspector general.

Rosemary Collyer, presiding judge on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance (FISA) court, said the inspector general's report "calls into question whether information contained in other FBI applications is reliable." She ordered the FBI to file a report by Jan. 10 on how it intends to remedy those mistakes.

In his testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee last week, Inspector General Michael Horowitz expressed misgivings about the FBI's errors and omissions in its requests for judicial approval to conduct surveillance on Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

"We are deeply concerned that so many basic and fundamental errors were made by three separate, hand-picked investigative teams on one of the most sensitive FBI investigations after the matter had been briefed to the highest levels within the FBI," Horowitz said.
            I started a similar thread early the next morning and we later combined them.
            Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Rosemary Collyer, the presiding judge of the secret FISA court that granted the FBI surveillance warrants on Trump's former campaign aide Carter Page, has issued an unprecedented public rebuke of the FBI for their serial abuses in the surveillance of him. She declared that the bureau deliberately misled the court when it sought permission to wiretap Page.

Collyer said the FBI's handling of the case "was antithetical to the heightened duty of candor" required by the law that established the FISA court and that their actions "calls into question whether information contained in other FBI applications is reliable."

"The frequency with which representations made by FBI personnel turned out to be unsupported or contradicted by information in their possession, and with which they withheld information detrimental to their case, calls into question whether information contained in other FBI applications is reliable," Collyer wrote in her 4 page statement.

In her assessment the derelictions in the Page surveillance warrants were so serious, that the FISA court can no longer be confident that any warrant applications the FBI has submitted to them are accurate and complete, that even if their assertions are true that they aren't misleading because of the omission of relevant information.

As a result Collyer has called for major reforms of the FBI and ordered them to provide a written explanation by January 10th how it intends to fix the problem.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsay Graham (R-SC) said that he was "very pleased to see the FISA court condemn the FISA warrant application and process against Carter Page" and said that he hopes that Republicans and Democrats can unite in order "to make changes to better protect civil liberties while maintaining our ability to monitor foreign surveillance directed against our economic and national security interests."

Personally, I think that this is a far bigger story than the impeachment circus. If you say that you don't care about the intentional abuses which included providing deliberately doctored documents to the court because it was a Trumper they were after then you really know nothing whatsoever about justice, nor care a whit about it. You are a fraud. A fake. A pretender.

That the FBI would willingly lie and doctor documents in order to go after someone ought to send a chill down your spine for if it can happen to those you dislike it can also happen to those you like -- and can even happen to you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Looks like a dodgy headline there. The Lindsey Graham show is a jolly farce, not to be taken seriously by fair minded Christians. He is a full time, fallen from grace, Trump propagandist.
              I often wonder what his pal John McCain would have made of senator Graham these days...
              Last edited by Whateverman; 08-07-2020, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Handsy Joe can't pretend he was ignorant of the scheme to frame General Flynn.
                Why would he have to being that Flynn was only framed in your subjectively biased mind. Most people know that by now.

Comment

Former Acting Attorney General Sally Q. Yates testified on Wednesday at the Senate Judiciary Committee that former Vice President Joe Biden was at a January 5, 2017 meeting in the Oval Office where Michael Flynn was discussed.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...michael-flynn/
                  Michael Flynn was discussed?

OH NO!! HOW COULD THEY LET THAT HAPPEN?????

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                    Michael Flynn was discussed?
                    Specifically how to frame him for a crime they knew he didn't commit. Pretty sure we talked about this in another thread.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...-Michael-Flynn!
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Specifically how to frame him for a crime they knew he didn't commit.
                      I get the impression the discussion was about how freely they should share classified information with him, given that he appeared to be a security risk.

Comment