Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More evidence BLM narrative is false

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    Again:

I said: And yes you can compare Communist and Muslim Cultures to Western Culture.

You said: Yes, because those cultures derive from the nations in those hemispheres.

You said yes because So you agreed that we can compare those cultures.
    How can you get it so wrong so many times in a row? Hint: you'll be comparing two different cultures, not national, governmental, or religious cultures to the culture of the western world. Those are subcultures in context, hence the stupidity of the question.

Since you have this bizarre compulsion to declare cultural superiority (note that "western/eastern chauvinism" isn't a term), feel free to itemize the comparison and pay attention to chronology and intercultural influences (that's gonna take some time, so don't phone it in).

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
      How can you get it so wrong so many times in a row? Hint: you'll be comparing two different cultures, not national, governmental, or religious cultures to the culture of the western world. Those are subcultures in context, hence the stupidity of the question.

Since you have this bizarre compulsion to declare cultural superiority (note that "western/eastern chauvinism" isn't a term), feel free to itemize the comparison and pay attention to chronology and intercultural influences (that's gonna take some time, so don't phone it in).
      I have no idea what you are talking about.

Culture (/ˈkʌltʃər/) is an umbrella term which encompasses the social behavior and norms found in human societies, as well as the knowledge, beliefs, arts, laws, customs, capabilities, and habits of the individuals in these groups.

Culture is considered a central concept in anthropology, encompassing the range of phenomena that are transmitted through social learning in human societies. Cultural universals are found in all human societies; these include expressive forms like art, music, dance, ritual, religion, and technologies like tool usage, cooking, shelter, and clothing. The concept of material culture covers the physical expressions of culture, such as technology, architecture and art, whereas the immaterial aspects of culture such as principles of social organization (including practices of political organization and social institutions), mythology, philosophy, literature (both written and oral), and science comprise the intangible cultural heritage of a society.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture

And you already said we could compare Communist and Muslim Cultures to Western Culture. Were you lying again there?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen: Tweb's 2nd "western chauvinist."

Do we have a 3rd?
        And you refused to answer.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Culture (/ˈkʌltʃər/) is an umbrella term which encompasses the social behavior and norms found in human societies, as well as the knowledge, beliefs, arts, laws, customs, capabilities, and habits of the individuals in these groups.

Culture is considered a central concept in anthropology, encompassing the range of phenomena that are transmitted through social learning in human societies. Cultural universals are found in all human societies; these include expressive forms like art, music, dance, ritual, religion, and technologies like tool usage, cooking, shelter, and clothing. The concept of material culture covers the physical expressions of culture, such as technology, architecture and art, whereas the immaterial aspects of culture such as principles of social organization (including practices of political organization and social institutions), mythology, philosophy, literature (both written and oral), and science comprise the intangible cultural heritage of a society.
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture
          Sorry, but that lift doesn't change the context. Nice try.

Originally posted by seer View Post
          And you already said we could compare Communist and Muslim Cultures to Western Culture. Were you lying again there?
          No, and read this carefully (annotated and bolded to help you):

Originally posted by whag
          Yes, because those cultures derive from the nations in those hemispheres <----world. You can't compare Chinese culture to Western culture:
          If I don't see your itemized comparison showing why you believe western culture is superior to eastern culture, I'm bowing out. This is getting distinctly boring.

Comment

Sorry, but that lift doesn't change the context. Nice try.

No, and read this carefully (annotated and bolded to help you):

If I don't see your itemized comparison showing why you believe western culture is superior to eastern culture, I'm bowing out. This is getting distinctly boring.
            But you did agree that you could compare Communist and Muslim Cultures to Western Culture. OK, western culture gave us property rights, representative democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion and human rights in general. Which other culture matches that?

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
              So if it's not what the people want based on polling data, God only knows why they're pushing it. I can't explain it, maybe some of you can.

At least U.S. 11 cities have cut funding from police department budgets or decreased officer numbers with several more in the process amid a national reckoning over systemic racism and police brutality, according to a Forbes tally.

Forbes

Comment

But you did agree that you could compare Communist and Muslim Cultures to Western Culture. OK, western culture gave us property rights, representative democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion and human rights in general. Which other culture matches that?
                Perhaps I extrapolated too much from your "western chauvinist" tag, and I apologize if that led to my mischaracterizing you as a person. Sincerely. I could never become a chauvinist of culture and leave you with the caveat that you should be extremely guarded discussing western chauvinism. In many cases, western cultural practitioners tried to erase the history of the cultures they conquered. Black culture required reading is Malcolm X and James Baldwin, who forcefully addressed the dangers and effects of cultural superiority.

I'm a huge admirer of Western and Eastern culture as well as Middle Eastern and Arabic cultures, which precedes Islam, going back to pre-historic times. The interesting thing there is you don't believe in pre-history if you are a YEC or anti-evo. You don't even appreciate the science that came from western cultural pioneers. That's too lazy for me. I won't debate with this you until you take it seriously, but you can't. The proof is the lazy list above.

Again, I sincerely apologize that I mischaracterized you as a bigot.

Comment

I'm a huge admirer of Western and Eastern culture as well as Middle Eastern and Arabic cultures, which precedes Islam, going back to pre-historic times. The interesting thing there is you don't believe in pre-history if you are a YEC or anti-evo. You don't even appreciate the science that came from western cultural pioneers. That's too lazy for me. I won't debate with this you until you take it seriously, but you can't. The proof is the lazy list above.

Again, I sincerely apologize that I mischaracterized you as a bigot.
                  I am not a YEC and this is not lazy list: property rights, representative democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion and human rights in general. It seems to me that these are the most important values ever to be instituted in law.

Comment

I am not a YEC and this is not lazy list:
                    It's incredibly lazy, I asked you for an itemized comparison of eastern vs. western cultural contributions.

property rights, representative democracy, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of religion and human rights in general. It seems to me that these are the most important values ever to be instituted in law.
                    No doubt, but one can't crow about it chauvinistically is the point. The United States wouldn't even exist had we granted property rights to Native Americans. Are you saying genocide is worth the cost of those freedoms?

Again, these are the counterarguments Dontrell and inner city youth would reply with, thereby destroying your infantile western chauvinism. Please address your justification of cultural chauvinism.

Just curious why you didn't mention scientific advancements of western culture?

Comment

No doubt, but one can't crow about it chauvinistically is the point. The United States wouldn't even exist had we granted property rights to Native Americans. Are you saying genocide is worth the cost of those freedoms?

Again, these are the counterarguments Dontrell and inner city youth would reply with, thereby destroying your infantile western chauvinism. Please address your justification of cultural chauvinism.

Just curious why you didn't mention scientific advancements of western culture?
                      Scientific advancements are largely due to the freedoms and free market system the West created. And no these freedoms were not always applied universally, but we have been progressively doing better. Please whag show me a culture that has done better or doesn't have sins in their past. I will be waiting...

Comment

Scientific advancements are largely due to the freedoms and free market system the West created.
                        This is dismissive of intercultural influence and far too simplistic. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1315909/

the foundations of modern science were laid long before this time, and were particularly influenced by Islamic civilization. The Muslims were the leading scholars between the seventh and fifteenth centuries, and were the heirs of the scientific traditions of Greece, India and Persia. After appropriation and assimilation, they built on these discoveries, and developed a truly Islamic science that led worldwide knowledge in all scientific fields, including medicine.
                        And no these freedoms were not always applied universally, but we have been progressively doing better. Please whag show me a culture that has done better or doesn't have sins in their past. I will be waiting...
                        I keep saying I’m not interested in us vs. them cultural braggadocio. You’d get creamed if you talked to inner city youth about cultural superiority, since the sins and intercultural influences can’t be ignored.
                        Both Eastern and Western cultures derive from cross cultural influences, and each has the weight of enormous sin and flawed execution in its back. You provided a Cliff’s Notes of western culture without acknowledging those facts or even hinting you know one thing about global cultural influences. That’s what I asked for.

So I’ll ask again, what it “western chauvinism”? I can only judge that term on face value since it’s not an official term.

Comment