Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Are All White People Racist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are All White People Racist?

This is the recipe for race wars or at least gulags.

If you're a white person in America, social justice educator Robin DiAngelo has a message for you: You're a racist, pure and simple, and without a lifetime of conscious effort you always will be.

You just can't help it, you see, because you've been swaddled in the cocoon of white privilege since you came sputtering out of your mother's womb, protesting the indignity of it all.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/07/healt...ess/index.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

It appears there are certainly elements in the community of people of color who want to push this to a race war.

And there are certain elements in the alt-right community who would gladly say, "hey Bubba, hold my beer and hand me my AR".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      I think racism is not limited to white people and I think there are different degrees of racism.

When Martin Luther King's niece was asked if President Trump was a racist, she said no. She said she has dealt with racists all her life and President Trump was not a racist.

Her comment made me think about the racist in my family. Now there was a racist!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        It appears there are certainly elements in the community of people of color who want to push this to a race war.

And there are certain elements in the alt-right community who would gladly say, "hey Bubba, hold my beer and hand me my AR".
        Right, and the left will keep pushing it.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
          I think racism is not limited to white people and I think there are different degrees of racism.

When Martin Luther King's niece was asked if President Trump was a racist, she said no. She said she has dealt with racists all her life and President Trump was not a racist.

Her comment made me think about the racist in my family. Now there was a racist!!!
          Well broad brushing one race and being inherently racist is a racist claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
            I do agree with that.

I would also point out that racism is a cultural construct.

We all need to remember that we all started off black.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            The things that you're liable
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life
            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
              I do agree with that.

I would also point out that racism is a cultural construct.

We all need to remember that we all started off black.
              Like Lipizzaners?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

White people have been predicting (and many hoping for) a race war for hundreds of years.

As far as the title question, racism is a spectrum. If harboring a single racist thought that grants one membership in the club, then the answer is probably yes. In a practical sense, though, it's better to use the term in reference to behavior rather than thought; you're a racist if you allow your thoughts to cause you to treat the person less fairly than you otherwise would have.

Some racist behaviors are worse than others. The vast majority constitute nothing more than fear or mistrust: moving away from the <insert color here> person when walking towards them on the street, favoring some other person for a job/role that entails some responsibility, etc. Other racist behaviors are obviously worse, and don't need enumeration here.

So, if you treat a person differently because of their skin color, you're a racist. Do all white people do this? Many probably have; I've shied away from a few black people because I thought they were acting suspiciously on the street. The thing is that it bothered me that I did this, and I've taken literal steps to avoid doing it again. So, the potential for racism exists in me, though I don't think it's entirely fair that I be labeled with that term. And yet it's probably healthy that I remember I've acted in a racist way several times in my life.

In short, the article exaggerates somewhat, but it's probably more right than wrong.

Comment

If you're a white person in America, social justice educator Robin DiAngelo has a message for you: You're a racist, pure and simple, and without a lifetime of conscious effort you always will be.

You just can't help it, you see, because you've been swaddled in the cocoon of white privilege since you came sputtering out of your mother's womb, protesting the indignity of it all.

A friend of mine keeps sending me emails about this dingbat. I don't understand why or where she is getting any sort of attention.

Anyway, it is almost entirely about class and race has very little to do with it.

Comment

Like Lipizzaners?

Hominids originated in Africa.
                    "It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                      White people have been predicting (and many hoping for) a race war for hundreds of years.
                      No one I know is hoping for it, but it is clear that "whiteness" is being considered. more and more, to be inherently evil and racist. There is no redemption unless you bow to the race hustlers. It will not end well, and it will be the fault of the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                        Hominids originated in Africa.
                        Humor.

Hence the "rolling out after making a silly comment".

Comment

Humor.

Hence the "rolling out after making a silly comment".
                          I know. However, the fact remains.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                            A friend of mine keeps sending me emails about this dingbat. I don't understand why or where she is getting any sort of attention.
                            It is a best seller, being pushed by the left, and finding its way into our classrooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                              That is the most nonsensical thing I can recall hearing from you. Are these the same majority of white people who elected Obama ... twice? Most people just want to get along and mind their own business, and that goes for all ethnic groups.

Comment