Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seanD
    replied
    For some reason I can't post my replies. I'll come back later

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Chaotic Void isn't in or from our country, so it's not too surprising for him to not know such details.
    I still find it surprising anyone wouldn't know about the economic situation in the US, and considering the shut-downs have taken place around the world, not know how this effects economies in major countries and the fact this has the discussion since the shut-downs happened.

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
    To be fair, I'm Canadian so my focus is more on the Mickey Mouse Outfit we have up here in the Great White North.

You'd think competent opposition to the Cheeto-in-Chief would try and focus on this given Trump's fanboys were boasting about his economy. Instead, I've heard nothing about economic problems and VASTLY more about how, "TrUmP iS tRyInG tO cHaNgE tHe ElEcTiOn, ThE dIrTy FaCsIsT!!!"
    There are two reasons the left doesn't focus on the economy. One is that Trump can easily blame the pandemic and shut-down, of which the left is definitely complicit since they were the main advocates of shut-down, so it would serve them best not to focus on this so close the election. But the left also doesn't focus too much on the economy because if they focused too much on this it would likely raise the issue of why the stock market is booming close to record highs, while the rest of the economy is biting the dust, which would then inevitably lead to discussions of the federal reserve and its 6 trillions of money creation. It's in the best interest of the left to keep everyone in the dark about what the federal reserve is and what it does so they too can unitize its function to print even more trillions and fund all the programs they want to create once they get into power. In short, federal reserve is the best kept secret to both political parities, but especially the left.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post
    You didn't know a bad economic report was coming? My response to KG was going to be that there can't possibly be a person alive in this country that didn't know a bad economic report was coming, so there's no way Trump could possibly be distracting from something obvious to everyone, but now, KG may have been right.
    He does tend to focus (if not obsess) over details that aren't necessarily a big deal, like at his Tulsa rally when he spent ten minutes arguing that he didn't have problems walking on the ramp at West Point. Given how much he has hung his re-election on the economy, hyperfocusing on that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    Chaotic Void isn't in or from our country, so it's not too surprising for him to not know such details.
    My bad. So I guess KG was wrong.

To be fair, I'm Canadian so my focus is more on the Mickey Mouse Outfit we have up here in the Great White North.

You'd think competent opposition to the Cheeto-in-Chief would try and focus on this given Trump's fanboys were boasting about his economy. Instead, I've heard nothing about economic problems and VASTLY more about how, "TrUmP iS tRyInG tO cHaNgE tHe ElEcTiOn, ThE dIrTy FaCsIsT!!!"
    The left doesn't focus too much on the economy because if they focused too much on this it would likely raise the issue of why the stock market is booming close to record highs, while the rest of the economy is biting the dust, which would then inevitably lead to discussions of the federal reserve and its 6 trillions of money creation. It's in the best interest of the left to keep everyone in the dark about what the federal reserve is and what it does so they too can unitize its function to print even more trillions and fund all the programs they want to create once they get into power. In short, federal reserve is the best kept secret to both political parities, but especially the left. wfwef

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    My bad. So I guess KG was wrong.

The left doesn't focus too much on the economy because if they focused too much on this it would likely raise the issue of why the stock market is booming close to record highs, while the rest of the economy is biting the dust, which would then inevitably lead to discussions of the federal reserve and its 6 trillions of money creation. It's in the best interest of the left to keep everyone in the dark about what the federal reserve is and what it does so they too can unitize its function to print even more trillions and fund all the programs they want to create once they get into power. In short, federal reserve is the best kept secret to both political parities, but especially the left.

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied

Anti-Trump opposition doesn't focus too much on the economy because if they focused too much on the economy that would expose the federal reserve money printing and why the stock market is booming to record highs when the rest of the economy is biting the dust. It's in the best interest of the left to keep the public ignorant on what the federal reserve is and what it does so they can too print money to fund all their programs this way when they get into power.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    You didn't know a bad economic report was coming? My response to KG was going to be that there can't possibly be a person alive in this country that didn't know a bad economic report was coming, so there's no way Trump could possibly be distracting from something obvious to everyone, but now, KG may have been right.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    This is the first time I've heard anything about a bad economic report. In comparison, this is about the fifth or sixth time I've heard about Trump tossing out the notion of election delays.

Based on that, I'm inclined to agree that it was bait and that The Usual Suspects fell for it hook, line, and sinker.
    Another lobster speaks. Keep in mind that once you have been completely numbed to anything and everything he says, no matter how absurd, or dangerous, he is free to choose which of those things to make good on while folks like you defend his destruction of the framework that is required for our country to remain free from tyranny.

The idea that a suggestion that would undermine the very fabric of our society are tolerated by Trump supporters shows just haw far down the hole we are, and how dangerously close we are to losing our country and its freedoms. This kind of talk can't be excused, it is far too dangerous. And only fools ignorant of history would believe such a comment from the President of the US can be treated as without consequence.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    A serious questions, can he do this? Wouldn't the congress just block it? Are there any precedence for doing anything like that at all?
    No - he can't do it w/o the help of his minions in congress, and a large number of them have shown they have limits by delivering a rather firm 'no' to the suggestion.

Which is a good thing, as long as it lasts.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Everybody knows the draconian response to the pandemic has destroyed the economy, so a bad economic report is a "dog bites man" story.

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Just like his attempts to impose federal force into local law enforcement continues to telegraph Trumps authoritarian bent, so now the are significant concerns that he will defy an election result where he loses. Well now he takes another step in his inexorable march to dictator by proposing a 'delay' in the 2020 election.

It doesn't matter why he would do it, it doesn't matter if he fails to do it, the fact he is trying to do it is sufficient. The traitors to this nation that routinely justify Trump's excess will likely support this as well. And I have no interest whatsoever in their justifications. What I want to be is on record with the simple fact that I've warned you about this president from day 1. And as an election nears that he will lose unless he cheats in some form or fashion, how far he will go to retain his power will become more and more evident as the days progress.

He has proposed removing term limits. He has infiltrated the DOJ with Cronies willing to do his bidding, to let his friends convictions by judge and jury be overlooked, to punish his enemies. He has put unvetted people beholden only to him in charge of the DHS and leveraged this already questionable agency's power into his own personal nationalized police force. He has gutted relations with NATO to the delight of Putin, and now is removing Troops from Germany. He has twice welcomed foreign powers that are our enemies to interfere on his behalf wrt our elections and done his best to deny their involvement. He has brought this nation to its knees by refusing to deal with the Covid Pandemic according to science and best practice. And now he is putting in to remove the most important element of our republic, free elections themselves.

He is a traitor to and a clear and present danger to this nation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/polit...ity/index.html

This is not his first effort to cement his position as president for life. I urge all of you that have a mind and have not been blinded by your hatred of liberalism to accept Trump's danger to our nation and our way of life to do all you legally can to make sure this man is out of office by January 2021. To make sure his efforts to undermine the election fail clearly and cleanly.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...lection-387902

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...aying-election
    It took CNN four paragraphs of hand wringing hyperbole before quoting Trump's actual words where all he did was ask a question. As usual, the hyperventilating hysterics from liberals doesn't match reality. Another classic case of "much ado about nothing".

Leave a comment:

• seanD
    replied
    This is the first time I've heard anything about a bad economic report. In comparison, this is about the fifth or sixth time I've heard about Trump tossing out the notion of election delays.

Based on that, I'm inclined to agree that it was bait and that The Usual Suspects fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Leave a comment:

• KingsGambit
    replied

The Commerce Dept reporting a 32.9% drop in GDP is what I was referring to.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...t-quarter-ever

Leave a comment:

• Chaotic Void
    replied
    Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I would bet money he did this to distract attention from the devastating economic report that broke this morning. If he did, it's working.

Leave a comment: