Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Good to see you, Jim.
    Originally posted by JimL View Post
    For one thing, republicans go out of their way to suppress the democrat vote by moving and or closing polling stations, making people stand in line for hours on end in order to vote. ...
    Dummycrap Governor Fenris did that to us rural Pennsyltuckians, many of whom are Republicans, as of a few years ago. I have to drive about 4x as far now, and stand in a much longer line.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      For one thing, republicans go out of their way to suppress the democrat vote by moving and or closing polling stations, making people stand in line for hours on end in order to vote. But there can be errors at the polls as well, or did you forget Bush vs Gore. There should be both on site and mail-in voting as well as a national day off in order that everyone has the opportunity to vote at their leisure. The process of participating in their democracy shouldn't be made difficult for working people.
      In my state it is the local officials who make those decisions. So if a polling station was closed in a Democrat district it was the local Democrats who were responsible.

And the Iowa primaries were run entirely by Democrats. Remember what a fiasco that was? I'm not sure that they ever got the actual totals but instead just kind of estimated.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm sure believing that soothes your conscience, but I'm sure you know better.
        You say some of the most profoundly ignorant things I ever encounter. It shows what stupid little partisan you are.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You say some of the most profoundly ignorant things I ever encounter. It shows what stupid little partisan you are.
          You're the biggest troll on the site, CP.

Comment

You're the biggest troll on the site, CP.
            Yeah, right --- the only reason you're here is you love being the turd in the punch bowl. I post about all kinds of stuff on all kinds of topics, and have reasonable discussions. You don't.

You're only here because you're a miserable little anti-Christian bigot who loves to spew forth ignorance, and in profoundly ignorant ways.

You are the personification of the word .
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, right --- the only reason you're here is you love being the turd in the punch bowl. I post about all kinds of stuff on all kinds of topics, and have reasonable discussions. You don't.

You're only here because you're a miserable little anti-Christian bigot who loves to spew forth ignorance, and in profoundly ignorant ways.

You are the personification of the word .
              Thank you for proving my point.

Comment

Thank you for proving my point.
                Well, if you think that proves your point, you're even dumber than I thought. Or, perhaps, more dishonest.

Comment

Well, if you think that proves your point, you're even dumber than I thought. Or, perhaps, more dishonest.
                  And you continue to prove yourself a troll.

Comment

And I continue to prove I am a troll.
                    fify

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      Or when like Florida they just purge people from voter rolls and prevent them explicitly from voting.
                      In the states that I'm familiar with in cases like that you can still vote. You get a provisional ballot which only gets counted if the race is close. If it isn't close it hardly matters. But if it is close the provisional ballots get examined to see if they're legitimate and if they are then they're counted.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Since a fair number of people think non-US countries do it better than the US, just in: New Zealand is postponing their national elections by one month. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKCN25C0UW

Apparently the parties feel they can't campaign in the current corona-virus environment which is of course a lot better managed than the US.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                          Since a fair number of people think non-US countries do it better than the US, just in: New Zealand is postponing their national elections by one month. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKCN25C0UW

Apparently the parties feel they can't campaign in the current corona-virus environment which is of course a lot better managed than the US.
                          I saw that. But is there any doubt in New Zealand as to the motives behind the delay? Or that the election will proceed and the pm is not just trying to hold onto power?
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Since a fair number of people think non-US countries do it better than the US, just in: New Zealand is postponing their national elections by one month. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKCN25C0UW

In Australia the government can call an election at any time before a certain date. Provided it’s a Saturday. And not a public holiday. Gives the government a chance to cash in on their popularity if they ever do something good.

Voting is compulsory unless you have a good excuse like - you forgot it was Election Day; otherwise you get fined $15.

Comment

And here we've been listening to Dimbulb (a.k.a. Starlight) crow about how New Zealand had completely eradicated the China flu from its shores.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                                In Australia the government can call an election at any time before a certain date. Provided it’s a Saturday. And not a public holiday. Gives the government a chance to cash in on their popularity if they ever do something good.

Voting is compulsory unless you have a good excuse like - you forgot it was Election Day; otherwise you get fined $15.
                                Interesting.... so, "while the going's good, let's extend this administration"? Not such a bad idea, I suppose.

Comment