Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Wow, you really haven't kept up with this stuff, have you?

It's like Rush Limbaugh once said, arguing with liberals is frustrating because you have to spend so much time simply educating them about the basic facts, that they become too overwhelmed to even grasp the point you're trying to make.
    Basic facts like, for example that skin cells respond to stimuli? That the bible has changed over the centuries? That election fraud is not voter fraud? That the Pyramids are in Egypt, not Antarctica? That government-run healthcare does not require slavery?

Those type of basic facts?
    Last edited by Roy; 08-03-2020, 05:27 AM.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      I deleted it so as not to provoke you CP. No other reason.
      You don't have to worry about provoking me, Jim - I'm on solid ground and I don't get easily rattled.

If you think my response implies I would not communicate a defense of my faith to any one, or pray that each person I interactcwith could know Christ, you would be mistaken.
      So, let me ask you.... Do you still believe in....
      The virgin birth?
      The sinlessness of Christ?
      His substitutionary atonement?
      You know Him as Savior?
      You expect to live with Him forever when you die?

But what I will not do is pretend that, for example, supporting trumps violations of basic moral principles in a bid for power on the Supreme court is anything but choosing mammon over God.
      How bout dropping the word "pretend" --- that suggests the other guy is being deceptive. And you really missed the point on that one.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'd rather be in the company of honest seekers of truth that are atheists and/or gay....
        Here is where you reveal the fact that you are putting the temporal over the eternal.

Let's assume you can answer my previous post about your faith - let's assume you answer yes to those questions.

These 'friends' of yours mock every one of those beliefs. Little Jimmy, whom you defend, and attack me as "belittling" him, is nothing more than an anti-Christian bigot who is here every day to attack Christians and Christianity.
        He is not an "honest seeker of the truth", because the Truth is Jesus Christ.
        Jesus said, "I am the way, the TRUTH and the Life - NO man comes to the Father except by me". You believe that, yes?
        Your friends mock that - Little Jimmy is constantly on edge of blasphemy.
        The ONLY reasons that these guys kiss your butt and slap you on the back is because "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", and you have become their 'friends'.

You are sacrificing things ETERNAL for things temporal.

This latest little band of s is even more vicious than Jimmy. But, hey --- they support you on the TEMPORAL things of this life.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Perhaps you could take the log out of your own eye and stop sharing your so obvious hatred for atheists. Lets call it ADS.
          I don't hate atheists, Jim. I have a very low tolerance for dishonest s who are only here to attack Christians and Christianity.

You hatefully attack and mock all that Christians believe.
          You are a classic example of such a .

Atheist Derangement Syndrome.
          Stop Saying Stupid Stuff.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Here is where you reveal the fact that you are putting the temporal over the eternal.

Let's assume you can answer my previous post about your faith - let's assume you answer yes to those questions.

These 'friends' of yours mock every one of those beliefs. Little Jimmy, whom you defend, and attack me as "belittling" him, is nothing more than an anti-Christian bigot who is here every day to attack Christians and Christianity.
            He is not an "honest seeker of the truth", because the Truth is Jesus Christ.
            Jesus said, "I am the way, the TRUTH and the Life - NO man comes to the Father except by me". You believe that, yes?
            Your friends mock that - Little Jimmy is constantly on edge of blasphemy.
            The ONLY reasons that these guys kiss your butt and slap you on the back is because "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", and you have become their 'friends'.

You are sacrificing things ETERNAL for things temporal.

This latest little band of s is even more vicious than Jimmy. But, hey --- they support you on the TEMPORAL things of this life.
            CP, when a person that is a Christian can tolerate, even justify and stand loudly behind forcing little children to suffer so they can preserve their own safety, they have lost touch with the christ they claim to serve. And when those that reject the idea Christ is of value because they have seen that same hypocrisy over and over, it causes me great distress and sadness. Your words are just empty pontifications if you can one one day preach love, and on the next stand firmly behind a man that does not think twice about incarcerating children, even toddlers and babies, for doing nothing but being carried by their mothers into our country. Who will gas people protesting 400 years of injustice and racism so he can safely commit blasphemy on a church's steps by holdin a Bible, implicitly claiming his actions are somehow motivated by its text, by tying the scriptures to who he is and what he has done.
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-03-2020, 09:33 AM.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

CP, when a person that is a Christian can tolerate, even justify and stand loudly behind forcing little children to suffer so they can preserve their own safety, they have lost touch with the christ they claim to serve.
              What are you even talking about?

And when those that reject the idea Christ is of value because they have seen that same hypocrisy over and over, it causes me great distress and sadness. Your words are just empty pontifications if you can one one day preach love, and on the next stand firmly behind a man that does not think twice about incarcerating children, even toddlers and babies, for doing nothing but being carried by their mothers into our country.
              Ah, the old "you stand firmly behind Trump" canard! If I don't hate Trump (or all that he is and does) then I'm "standing firmly behind him".

Who will gas people
              "gas people"? Jim, you're making it sound like Trump was ordering innocent people into gas chambers. This is clearly not that.

protesting 400 years of injustice and racism so he can safely commit blasphemy on a church's steps by holdin a Bible,
              Perhaps you missed the numerous times I've denounced that?

implicitly claiming his actions are somehow motivated by its text, by tying the scriptures to who he is and what he has done.
              So, just TOTALLY ignore the fact that your "new friends" mock everything that Christians hold dear (and, you too, if you ever own up to believing the things I asked you about), and hide behind "OrangeManBad".

Comment

The issue is what Trump does. Not that it is Trump. The things Trump has done cant be overlooked, yet in large part the evangelical community has been duped into believing they should overlook them.
                As I've noted before, there is a significant difference between what Trump has done, and what Trump's critics say he has done.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  It isn't uncommon here either but I think there is a difference between someone dressing up to play a role and someone dressing up as a lifestyle that they seek to promote.
                  Where's the evidence that a lifestyle was being advocated?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                    Basic facts like, for example that skin cells respond to stimuli? That the bible has changed over the centuries? That election fraud is not voter fraud? That the Pyramids are in Egypt, not Antarctica? That government-run healthcare does not require slavery?

Those type of basic facts?
                    Government-run healthcare requires slavery?

Think I've seen something similar before but not sure of the details...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      As I've noted before, there is a significant difference between what Trump has done, and what Trump's critics say he has done.
                      MM, most of what the responses here are not 'that is not true', but rather 'so what'. So what if he tried to get another country to give him dirt on biden. So what if he paid off a prostitute in a criminal act that sent his fixer to jail. So what if he gassed protestors for a photo op. So what if he pays his own businesses with publuc funds. So what if he violates the emoluments clause over and over. So what if he retweets provably false conspiracy theories about covid that will result in thousands of deaths. So what if he holds public rallies in the midst of a global pandemic that infects innocent civilians and his own staff. So what if he silences the voices of the experts wrt that same pandemic. So what if he useS unvetted temporary appointees to do an end run around the constitutional protections against the abuse of his power. So what if those same appointees send federal police into local municipalities where they are overly aggressive and incite orders of magnitude more violence.

And I could continue to the end of the post word limit.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 08-03-2020, 11:20 AM.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

MM, most of what the responses here are not 'that is not true',...
                        There are a number of things that you post that are simply 'not true', like Trump "gassing" people. This is an example of my claim that you weaponize language in your contempt for Trump.

Comment

...So what if those same appointees send federal police into local municipalities where they are overly aggressive and incite orders of magnitude more violence....
                          Another example of a gross distortion of what actually happened.

Comment

There are a number of things that you post that are simply 'not true', like Trump "gassing" people. This is an example of my claim that you weaponize language in your contempt for Trump.
                            They used gas against the protestors to disperse them. Sorry if accurately describing what Trump did upsets you CP.

Comment

Another example of a gross distortion of what actually happened.
                              Another example of your denial mask being lifted and a bit of light shining through.

Comment

Ah, the old "you stand firmly behind Trump" canard! If I don't hate Trump (or all that he is and does) then I'm "standing firmly behind him".
                                I listed specific actions many/most of which you have stood behind. I was not general in any way. I did not say you were wrong to support other things trump might have done that may have been good. I'm talking about those actions I listed.

"gas people"? Jim, you're making it sound like Trump was ordering innocent people into gas chambers. This is clearly not that.
                                i never said it was. Nowhere does gassing people only refer to a chamber, or even a lethal gas. But he did most certainly gas them to get them to leave.

Perhaps you missed the numerous times I've denounced that?

Numerous? It's possible.

So, just TOTALLY ignore the fact that your "new friends" mock everything that Christians hold dear
                                Since when did people agreing with me translate into general support for everything they say? That is the tribalism you adhere to. It is not what I do or expect. I may agree with one person on the evil of the federal troops in Portland and disagree strongly with them on the morality of sex outside marriage, or the deity of Christ.

I stand with the truth as I understand it, whoever utters it. And against falsehood, whoever utters it. I do not support an idea just because of the tribe of the person that says it. Nor do I oppose an idea just because of the tribe of the person uttering it.

Comment