Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Lobster sounds better than frog.
    Agreed.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Lobster sounds better than frog. But hey, there are plenty of analogies to use in terms of building progressive tolerance to something dangerous or normally intolerable.

The real problem here is the reality. These are basic foundation level issues that the hateLibs on this site are willing to compromise because of their obsessive hatred of all liberals.

And yes, it is ironic that the ones that rant the most about what they call obsessive hatred of Trump are in reality the ones willing to compromise our nation and our faith's most fundamental principles and teachings in order to gain some small reward in their fight against liberal ideologies - even if the loss of the principle compromised is 10x the cost to our society than whatever element of liberal thinking experiences some marginal pushback.
      Lobster doesn't even make sense. The point of the analogy is the frog has a chance to react and escape the water (tyranny) if the water is too hot at first. Lobster doesn't have that choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah, NEVER ask what goes on in the kitchen!
        I worked at Kentucky Fried Chicken for two-years during high school. Some of the things I saw...
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

But hey, there are plenty of analogies to use in terms of building progressive tolerance to something dangerous or normally intolerable.
          Don't bother with analogies and just call it what it is: liberalism.

Comment

n/t

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              Lobster doesn't even make sense. The point of the analogy is the frog has a chance to react and escape the water (tyranny) if the water is too hot at first. Lobster doesn't have that choice.
              Well, yeah, there's that, too.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                I worked at Kentucky Fried Chicken for two-years during high school. Some of the things I saw...
                Yeah, I hate it when I like a local restaurant, and suggest eating their with my daughter and her husband, and he says, "um, no, I uh..... I know too much about the kitchen".

(he's a captain with the PD and has had to make arrests in some of these places)

Comment

Just like his attempts to impose federal force into local law enforcement continues to telegraph Trumps authoritarian bent, so now the are significant concerns that he will defy an election result where he loses. Well now he takes another step in his inexorable march to dictator by proposing a 'delay' in the 2020 election.

. . .

He has proposed removing term limits. He has infiltrated the DOJ with Cronies willing to do his bidding, to let his friends convictions by judge and jury be overlooked, to punish his enemies. He has put unvetted people beholden only to him in charge of the DHS and leveraged this already questionable agency's power into his own personal nationalized police force. He has gutted relations with NATO to the delight of Putin, and now is removing Troops from Germany. He has twice welcomed foreign powers that are our enemies to interfere on his behalf wrt our elections and done his best to deny their involvement. He has brought this nation to its knees by refusing to deal with the Covid Pandemic according to science and best practice. And now he is putting in to remove the most important element of our republic, free elections themselves.

. . .
                  So oxmixmudd and CNN will have no reason to complain if Trump wins when the elections are done at the normal time. They will know that the election is fully legitimate since the voting was done per the regular schedule despite questions about the integrity of the mail-in voting experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Yeah, I hate it when I like a local restaurant, and suggest eating their with my daughter and her husband, and he says, "um, no, I uh..... I know too much about the kitchen".

(he's a captain with the PD and has had to make arrests in some of these places)
                    I can't imagine what it's like to be a health inspector.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, by far the cleanest kitchen I've ever seen was at a Chinese restaurant in Virginia. I was shooting a news story that happened to take us there, and it would only be a slight exaggeration if I said it was so clean you could eat off the floor.

Comment

On the opposite end of the spectrum, by far the cleanest kitchen I've ever seen was at a Chinese restaurant in Virginia. I was shooting a news story that happened to take us there, and it would only be a slight exaggeration if I said it was so clean you could eat off the floor.
                      There's a restaurant in Houston where all the seating is... well, the kitchen is smack dab in the middle, about 4 feet below the main floor, and all the tables surround the "sunken" kitchen area. All of the tables along the perimeter of the kitchen - you can watch them from the time they take something out of the cooler, to how they handle it, cook it, plate it.... you can watch that if they drop something on the floor, for example, it goes straight into the trash - you can seem them wash their hands..... you can watch the entire food preparation process and see how shiny clean everything is.

Comment

And I had a roommate in college who would prepare his dinner on the floor of the kitchen. It was in a pan. Maybe he had a towel between that and the floor. I think he then took it to the stove and cooked things. My memory isn't good on the details.

Comment

No one doubts that if Obama had ever suggested the same thing, right-wingers would have firebombed federal buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                            No one doubts that if Obama had ever suggested the same thing, right-wingers would have firebombed federal buildings.
                            You start off with "no one doubts", then you go on to some of the STUPIDEST stuff.... are you trying to give JimL a run for his money?

First off, IF ANY "right-winger"... and it would have to be FAR RIGHT... did such a thing, the rest of us would universally, loudly and clearly condemn such action.

Instead the loony left EXCUSES it with stupid stuff like....
                            Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                            So they threw some rocks and launched some fireworks then calmed themselves down without police intervention and ended with around 15 people dancing in the street. Sounds horrific, I’m surprised the courthouse is still standing.

Comment

Not really. Conservatives here would have likely started a thread about it, but would have downplayed it for the most part because they know what would happen if Obama actually tired to do it. Also, it's not apparent why Trump suggested this, but the idea he was either just trolling for MSM hysterics (because they had been suggesting he'd do this prior), or he doesn't want reelection and he's throwing it away are two reasons that are not impossible.

Comment

Not really.
                                Yes really. Death threats against #44 were the highest against any other president before him, and domestic terrorism spiked in-and-thru his tenure. Right-wing home-grown terrorism was listed as the greatest violent threat faced by Americans.

Conservatives here would have likely started a thread about it, but would have downplayed it for the most part because they know what would happen if Obama actually tired to do it.
                                No one cares what conservatives here would have done, because I was referring to terrorism, not forum posting. And your portrayal of their reaction is hilariously self-serving.

Also, it's not apparent why Trump suggested this, but the idea he was either just trolling for MSM hysterics (because they had been suggesting he'd do this prior), or he doesn't want reelection and he's throwing it away are two reasons that are not impossible.
                                Possible or not, Obama saying the same thing would have resulted in federal buildings being fire-bombed.

Comment