Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Just like his attempts to impose federal force into local law enforcement continues to telegraph Trumps authoritarian bent, so now the are significant concerns that he will defy an election result where he loses. Well now he takes another step in his inexorable march to dictator by proposing a 'delay' in the 2020 election.

It doesn't matter why he would do it, it doesn't matter if he fails to do it, the fact he is trying to do it is sufficient. The traitors to this nation that routinely justify Trump's excess will likely support this as well. And I have no interest whatsoever in their justifications. What I want to be is on record with the simple fact that I've warned you about this president from day 1. And as an election nears that he will lose unless he cheats in some form or fashion, how far he will go to retain his power will become more and more evident as the days progress.

He has proposed removing term limits. He has infiltrated the DOJ with Cronies willing to do his bidding, to let his friends convictions by judge and jury be overlooked, to punish his enemies. He has put unvetted people beholden only to him in charge of the DHS and leveraged this already questionable agency's power into his own personal nationalized police force. He has gutted relations with NATO to the delight of Putin, and now is removing Troops from Germany. He has twice welcomed foreign powers that are our enemies to interfere on his behalf wrt our elections and done his best to deny their involvement. He has brought this nation to its knees by refusing to deal with the Covid Pandemic according to science and best practice. And now he is putting in to remove the most important element of our republic, free elections themselves.

He is a traitor to and a clear and present danger to this nation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/polit...ity/index.html

This is not his first effort to cement his position as president for life. I urge all of you that have a mind and have not been blinded by your hatred of liberalism to accept Trump's danger to our nation and our way of life to do all you legally can to make sure this man is out of office by January 2021. To make sure his efforts to undermine the election fail clearly and cleanly.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...lection-387902

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...aying-election
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-30-2020, 09:25 AM.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Just like his attempts to impose federal force into local law enforcement continues to telegraph Trumps authoritarian bent, so now the are significant concerns that he will defy an election result where he loses. Well now he takes another step in his inexorable march to dictator by proposing a 'delay' in the 2020 election.

It doesn't matter why he would do it, it doesn't matter if he fails to do it, the fact he is trying to do it is sufficient. The traitors to this nation that routinely justify Trump's excess will likely support this as well. And I have no interest whatsoever in their justifications. What I want to be is on record with the simple fact that I've warned you about this president from day 1. And as an election nears that he will lose unless he cheats in some form or fashion, how far he will go to retain his power will become more and more evident as the days progress.

He has proposed removing term limits. He has infiltrated the DOJ with Cronies willing to do his bidding, to let his friends convictions by judge and jury be overlooked, to punish his enemies. He has put unvetted people beholden only to him in charge of the DHS and leveraged this already questionable agencies power into his own personal nationalized police force. He has gutted relations with NATO to the delight of Putin, and now is removing Troops from Germany. He has twice welcomed foreign powers that are our enemies to interfere on his behalf wrt our elections and done his best to deny their involvement. He has brought this nation to its knees by refusing to deal with the Covid Pandemic according to science and best practice. And now he is putting in to remove the most important element of our republic, free elections themselves.

Whattya gonna do about it? Protest?

Comment

Good to see you, Jim.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I would bet money he did this to distract attention from the devastating economic report that broke this morning. If he did, it's working.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

You guys crack me up

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            You guys crack me up
            You guys scare me.

Comment

A serious questions, can he do this? Wouldn't the congress just block it? Are there any precedence for doing anything like that at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                A serious questions, can he do this? Wouldn't the congress just block it? Are there any precedence for doing anything like that at all?
                No, federal law states the date of the election. It would require both houses of Congress to approve moving it. There is a 0% chance the Democratic led house will go for it.

What he *can* do is plant seeds questioning the legitimacy of the election if he thinks he's going to use. This year, with so many people voting by mail, it's unlikely we'll know the winner the night of the election, so this is very plausible.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                  You guys scare me.
                  I ain't skeert of nobody!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                    No, yes and no.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Good to see you, Jim.
                      Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                      You guys crack me up
                      I briefly considered actually addressing the content of the insane diatribe, but you two handled it far better.
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        I would bet money he did this to distract attention from the devastating economic report that broke this morning. If he did, it's working.
                        This is the first time I've heard anything about a bad economic report. In comparison, this is about the fifth or sixth time I've heard about Trump tossing out the notion of election delays.

Based on that, I'm inclined to agree that it was bait and that The Usual Suspects fell for it hook, line, and sinker.
                        Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                          This is the first time I've heard anything about a bad economic report. In comparison, this is about the fifth or sixth time I've heard about Trump tossing out the notion of election delays.

Based on that, I'm inclined to agree that it was bait and that The Usual Suspects fell for it hook, line, and sinker.
                          The Commerce Dept reporting a 32.9% drop in GDP is what I was referring to.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...t-quarter-ever

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post

You didn't know a bad economic report was coming? My response to KG was going to be that there can't possibly be a person alive in this country that didn't know a bad economic report was coming, so there's no way Trump could possibly be distracting from something obvious to everyone, but now, KG may have been right.

Comment

He has proposed removing term limits. He has infiltrated the DOJ with Cronies willing to do his bidding, to let his friends convictions by judge and jury be overlooked, to punish his enemies. He has put unvetted people beholden only to him in charge of the DHS and leveraged this already questionable agency's power into his own personal nationalized police force. He has gutted relations with NATO to the delight of Putin, and now is removing Troops from Germany. He has twice welcomed foreign powers that are our enemies to interfere on his behalf wrt our elections and done his best to deny their involvement. He has brought this nation to its knees by refusing to deal with the Covid Pandemic according to science and best practice. And now he is putting in to remove the most important element of our republic, free elections themselves.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/30/polit...ity/index.html

This is not his first effort to cement his position as president for life. I urge all of you that have a mind and have not been blinded by your hatred of liberalism to accept Trump's danger to our nation and our way of life to do all you legally can to make sure this man is out of office by January 2021. To make sure his efforts to undermine the election fail clearly and cleanly.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...lection-387902

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...aying-election
                              It took CNN four paragraphs of hand wringing hyperbole before quoting Trump's actual words where all he did was ask a question. As usual, the hyperventilating hysterics from liberals doesn't match reality. Another classic case of "much ado about nothing".
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment