Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump explicitly floats idea of delaying the election ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    The 2016 election.
    Ah... you must mean the whole "not my president" fantasy

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Oops....

Sean Hannity: Obama's "Not My President"

not.jpg

https://www.conservativecotton.com/p...president.html

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post
        Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Oops....

Sean Hannity: Obama's "Not My President"

not.jpg

https://www.conservativecotton.com/p...president.html
        Right?

It seems to be a right-wing thing - to accuse other people of the stuff right-wing conservatives been doing for years.
        Last edited by Whateverman; 08-08-2020, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• I didn't realize Sean Hannity spoke for all conservatives.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            I didn't realize Sean Hannity spoke for all conservatives.
            It wasn’t just Hannity, dingbat.

Comment

It's not that hard to appoint someone to a position while avoiding the appearance of swampish impropriety. You have to be dense not to see that.
              Assuming he's obstructing the postal service to tamper with the election means he's probably affecting Rep ballots as much as Dem ballots. In the era of covid, it's probably more likely older folks, who are typically conservative, want to stay home and mail-in their ballots. It's a dumb conspiracy theory proposed by a union leader who has an obvious bias and probably hates the cutbacks that are being made to an institution that was facing bankruptcy.

Comment

• What can go wrong?

Over 20% of mail-in ballots were rejected in the June 23 Democratic presidential primary. Over 84,000 mail-in votes were disqualified, according to a New York Post report.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/mail-i...-city-rejected
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  What can go wrong?

Over 20% of mail-in ballots were rejected in the June 23 Democratic presidential primary. Over 84,000 mail-in votes were disqualified, according to a New York Post report.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/mail-i...-city-rejected
                  "The reasons why the ballots were rejected include arriving late, lacking a postmark, or no signature from the voter."
                  It's important to read an article before you post it.

Comment

• "The reasons why the ballots were rejected include arriving late, lacking a postmark, or no signature from the voter."
                    Originally posted by whag View Post
                    That's why in-person voting is so cool! I know that I have voted, and I know it went in the box.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That'd exclude 75% of the conservative article-posts here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        That's why in-person voting is so cool! I know that I have voted, and I know it went in the box.
                        For one thing, republicans go out of their way to suppress the democrat vote by moving and or closing polling stations, making people stand in line for hours on end in order to vote. But there can be errors at the polls as well, or did you forget Bush vs Gore. There should be both on site and mail-in voting as well as a national day off in order that everyone has the opportunity to vote at their leisure. The process of participating in their democracy shouldn't be made difficult for working people.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          For one thing, republicans go out of their way to suppress the democrat vote by moving and or closing polling stations, making people stand in line for hours on end in order to vote. But there can be errors at the polls as well, or did you forget Bush vs Gore. There should be both on site and mail-in voting as well as a national day off in order that everyone has the opportunity to vote at their leisure. The process of participating in their democracy shouldn't be made difficult for working people.
                          Or when like Florida they just purge people from voter rolls and prevent them explicitly from voting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                            Or when like Florida they just purge people from voter rolls and prevent them explicitly from voting.
                            Yep, that happened in Georgia in the recent election for Governor. It insured the Governeship to the Republican. But Republicans are putting into practice these tactics everywhere they have power to do so because they know their chances of winning in a fair election are dwindling each year.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              Both sides do everything they can to win.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Both sides do everything they can to win.
                                I'm sure believing that soothes your conscience, but I'm sure you know better.

Comment